Law Forum : If an American Citizen Marries a non Citizen - Will They Become a Citizen Too?

Destee

destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings Family,

If an american citizen marries a non-citizen, will they will become a citizen too ... immediately ... ??

I have often heard this, but have also heard that it is not true as well.

For example ... i heard that if the american citizen is a man, then the woman gains citizenship. But if the american citizen is a woman, then the man does not gain citizenship.

Are there those kinds of distinctions (gender) in this consideration of the law?

Is this even true anymore ... if it ever was ... that you can marry a person, helping them gain citizenship?

Is it legal to do this ... for this distinct purpose ... and if not ... what are the consequences of getting caught?

I've heard tell of people marrying someone for this reason, getting paid for their service, with no real relationship ever in place.

Have yall heard such stories, and where within it all, is the law of the land?

Thanks in advance Family!

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

There is no gender difference in the law, on this issue in the U.S..... But you have to be married for five years and go through a nationalization process. and yes it is unlawful to marry any one fore their papers. Prison and fines, I don't know for how much.

Peace and Blessings Family,

If an american citizen marries a non-citizen, will they will become a citizen too ... immediately ... ??

Nope.

Citizenship occurs either by right of blood (L. jus sanguinis), right of soil (L. jus soli), or naturalization.

Citizenship incorporates (in the strongest sense of the term) an individual into a body politic.
One's formal incorporation into the body politic for those born is represented today by the birth certificate registration.
One's birth certificate are their "naturalization" papers if you will.

The body politic is the state. The state is the body politic.

A body politic is a corporation.
Government is a corporation. Government is a public corporation to distinguish it from private corporations such as Dell or Google.

The body politic begets government.

The body politic is also an association of individuals who call themselves 'citizens'.
Citizen originally and only meant one who was a political member or inhabitant of a city (being the word 'citizen' derives from the Latin word 'civitas' meaning 'city').

Citizenship, denizenship, and alien whether resident alien or enemy alien are all political statuses.

Marriage does not alter political status (in the case of the US), but it does alter one's jural relationships.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back