Black People : IF A WAR COME...ON WHAT SIDE DO I GO?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by queentswana, Jun 16, 2004.

1. queentswana

queentswana Well-Known Member MEMBER

day care provider (own business)
    Ratings:
    +161
    I have a question,
    As we know, anything goes in today's world, there's so much back and forth questions and answers about:
    1. "Color blind"
    2. "Can't we all just get along?"
    3. "I judge my mate by the way he/she treats me, not by the color of their skin."
    4. "My God says to love all people, regardless of color."

And this list can go on and on. I have heard (with my own ears) a black person say, (both m/f) I would never go back with a black m/f ever. So my question is this:
    If a war suddenly arrive today, and it was "all black -vs- all white" ...who would go where? first of all in "war", they kill women, men and babies. For the african men with a white woman as your wife, what side would you go on? for the african woman with a white man as your husband, what side would he go on?
    just wondering...where do our real "loyalty" lie.
    bty...you don't have to be in a mixed relationship to answer this question, I just want to hear some honest opinions.

2. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    Great Post

" If a war suddenly arrive today, and it was "all black -vs- all white" "

If a race war was to happen. I'm going after the fool in my face. Whites have feared at least 140 years after the civil war that blacks would murder them in their beds. So they distanced themselves from us as live in care takers and helpers.

I have always found that to be a strange occurrence on their part.

That someone ( any one ) ( whites often had to perform a brief moment of servitude when they arrived here in the United States of America. But the difference there was they knew the servitude ended after a year or two, and they were granted citizenship, the right to vote, and buy land ) would tend to the needs and wishes of servitude and surround themselves with the desires and wishes of an employer ( employer being slave owner during the slave trade, and board member or co-worker during modern times )

Many black women cared for the slave owner children, ( free baby sitting, and suckling of their kid. To breast feed their own children was considered beneath them. Also the children being curious and some of the slaves I think breast fed the children on purpose to expose the child to us. Naturally there was a bond, by association. The owner would have to remind and discipline the child about having a close association, and instill a fear or thoughts that they were above us and the black children they admired in class and rank.

I have read many stories of black children asking the white children to teach them to read, and to give them books. Many did. The story I recall is this black child that worked in the back of a store. He stole one of the books he saw the white child reading, and hid it among the barrels of grain in the store room. Since he spent most of his day back there he tried hard to make since of the letters and notes in the book. He approached the white boy often to ask him to help him understand the writings. This got him beaten. Yet he knew at all cost that the book couldn’t be found or taken. So for years he hid and came close to discovery. The owner knew he had a book, and looked often for the book, but never raised a barrel or looked under them and found it.

Back to your question. During such an event. It may not be and hard to distinguish who means you harm. There would be a mix I think of feelings and associations. I will comment later on the back- stabbing presently of individuals of your own race, in the work world and business. It closely resembles this phenomenon.

3. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    This is an interesting question Queen. The side I would be on goes without saying....my entire world is black, so there is no confusion of loyalty. However for those who make their bed (metaphorically & literally) with whites, it would be interesting to hear their answers...perhaps this question would be better asked in the open forum.

4. queentswana

queentswana Well-Known Member MEMBER

day care provider (own business)
    Ratings:
    +161

I agree with you, ...can you move it there?