Science and Technology : IE or Mozilla Firefox?

lewis

Jan 27, 2005
What everyone use? I retired IE a few months ago for Firefox and been psyched. If you do use Firefox, what extensions you got?

karmashines

Banned
Feb 26, 2005
lewis said:
What everyone use? I retired IE a few months ago for Firefox and been psyched. If you do use Firefox, what extensions you got?
I don't know about any extensions, but I do know Firefox is better. It's just like IE without all the popups and viruses.

1poetsought

Jan 14, 2003
The Lone-Star State
Occupation
Poet
I'm down with Foxy Brown. Firefox however, does not appear to be fully functional here (@Destee).

LURK

Sep 12, 2002
Shaolin,New York
Occupation
Recording artist and Business Man...so lets do it
i like firefox..its did my comp more justice then IE....try it,see if u like it or not man,u know

MANASIAC

Mar 10, 2004
ATL SHAWTY! Mr. Coli Park
Occupation
Technical Analyst
Firefox is a better broswer because it is very secure and prevents your computer from getting trojans, spyware and etc. Firefox also loads webpages faster than IE, and has a download manager, (Something IE does not have).

IE is a flawed broswer, that is filled with security holes and allows spyware to run rampant on your computer.

The only bad thing about Firefox is that some pages are written in what I call IETML, basically these pages are not loaded properly in Firefox, which can be annoying, but Mozilla is working around the clock to fix this problem.

lewis

Jan 27, 2005
Yeah, I have been using firefox, here too. No issues. Extensions allow you to add stuff to the browser like "foxy tunes" puts the iTUNES contorl bar on the browser screen, "Forecast Fox" gives you the weather....tons of them at mozilla.

Just curious...

CarrieMonet

Dec 26, 2003
Seattle
Occupation
Love my job!
I love Mozilla/Firefox! I almost make my daughter use it to get online because she was somehow downloading tons of viruses via IE. We have not had one issue with the computer since I had it rebuilt primarily using Firefox. *knock on wood*.

It is also good for blogging.

panafrica

Aug 24, 2002
The Diaspora
My home computer is too virus plagued to even download Firefox. However I have it at work (am using it now as a matter of fact), and it is much better!

MANASIAC

Mar 10, 2004
ATL SHAWTY! Mr. Coli Park
Occupation
Technical Analyst
Even if you change the user agent string, at times the IETML will still not load properly. I think it is possibly because firefox cannot handle certain types of javascript too well, and also if a page is an ASP page. Asp pages are the worst, they barely load properly with IE.

Mozilla and company are working to get this fixed however, I believe in due time it will not be an issues when more people switch to PHP instead of ASP, and people start utilizing Html 4.0.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Allow the N Word - yes or no?

• yes

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • no

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • not sure

Votes: 6 42.9%

Latest profile posts

"And I'm feeling good."-Nina Simone
Destee wrote on Angela22's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :dance4: ... Welcome Home! So good to have your sweet Spirit in the house! ... YAAAAAAY USSSSS! ... :yaay: :yaay: :swings: ... :heart:
Angela22 wrote on Enki's profile.
I hope all is well with you. Much love.:love:
Destee wrote on Charles Thompson's profile.
Hi Chuck ... is that you?!!! ... YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!! ... :yaay: ... I sure hope so! I have thought of you often! If it is not you, sorry for writing on your profile page @Charles Thompson and Welcome! ... :wave:
Destee wrote on MANASIAC's profile.
WooooHoooo!!! ... :yaay: :yaay: :yaay: .... Welcome Home! ... :wave: ... :heart: