Black Entertainment : IDI ADMIN: ONE OF AFRICA'S MADMEN?

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by Metaverse, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    [​IMG]

This movie disturbed me in many ways. It will disturb you as well.
    Those of you who consider yourselves to be "American Ganstas" are nothing compared to Africa's Warlords. Yet we must remind ourselves, that we are not people of War, so why have we allowed the Euro Mindset to turn us into Madmen?

Full Feature now available for viewing here:
    http://www.blaccmecca.com/magazine/movies/ft.htm

If this is a must have for your movie collection. Get it at Amazon.com for only $3.81 used.

2. MysteryDoors

MysteryDoors Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    Idi Amin: The myths of his wife Kay Adroa death

Did Idi Amin really kill 300,000 people?
    Did Idi Amin kill his wife Kay Adroa?
    http:[email protected]/msg17848.html

I have a copy of the move “The Last King of Scotland” and it isn't completely accurate, mostly fiction. Good acting job by Forrest Whitaker, yes the movie worth watching, but I suggested that people search up on other sources to finds the real story about Idi Amin.http://www.moreorless.au.com/killers/amin.html

3. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    It's true MysteryDoors we can see how this movie falls in line with the European's fear of the big black African male. Parts of the story is obviously woven in a way to keep the audience interested and to insure a big block buster result.

Minus the Hollywood glitter, Idi Amin's story is still being echoed by Africans who knew him, some of those stories are even worse than the ones this movie has presented. Are we to believe that such a Man raised and trained in the British army is incapable of such Madness? It seems that any time there is the use of any sharp object to decapitate African flesh, whether it is done in Africa, in Jamaica or in any part of the diaspora- I assure you- European mental programming has something to do with it. It is a disgusting and barbaric practice, whether by machetes or machine guns.

Idi Amin was in fact a victim of European journalism, as all of Africa still is. But it was not the journalists who gave him the name "Butcher" - it was his fellow Ugandans. But who can tell, perhaps they are lying too? Perhaps their tales about his blood rituals and cannibalism are fables now passed down to young children.

Fact or fiction, there are monstrosities going on in Africa, and we don't need Journalists to tell us that. Are white people there? Are white people controlling the black leaders there? Then yes, there are monstrosities going on in Africa.

We of all people should know that.

4. Astrologer4U

Astrologer4U Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +486

I know some Ugandan people who say that Idi Amin was the greatest leader that their country ever had. I believe that there are those Ugandans who will say that opposite, that he was a monster.

Here is the question though, for how many years had black people believed that black people were monsters, and still do think and believe that to this day? How many black people thought Jesus was white and still do to this day?

Why did, and do black people think these above things? I think you know the answer to that question and it is the answer to that question which will leave those of us who do not want to make bias judgments about Idi Amin, make no judgments at all and remain mutual.

I think the movie was really blown up to make that man look like a monster even though we saw blatant hints in the movie like we saw in the Movie Ruwanda, that white people were behind the whole scheme of things, yet, we hear nothing about them being monsters. It's a real poor excuse for human behavior in this world.

Astrologer4U

5. truetothecause

truetothecause Well-Known Member MEMBER

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843

I don't recall seeing this post back when it was posted. The movie came on cable here this weekend. Maybe Friday nite..not sure. I think I missed the beginning yet started tuning in when the white Dr. came in. It was when Idi asked him to be his personal doc....I became quite disgusted then just watching the imagery, the level of TRUST afforded him and his wife. I stopped listening and would un-mute from time to time.
    I tuned in a bit more in the end and was still disgusted!

How sick we seem to have become and THAT is based more on the interactions with the white folk...the protection and care given...despite history...

That's what turned me off. I did not see or hear the "story" being told.

M.E.
    :hearts2:

6. phynxofkemet

phynxofkemet Well-Known Member MEMBER

child care provider
    Ratings:
    +73
    Good Post Brother Meta,

I have the movie, and I like Forest's performance. I was dismayed as well by the portrayal of the white doctor as his confidant, but maybe it was true. Seemed strange since Amin had such speeches and messages about African independence.

I question the statement, that we are not people of war. This is a personal belief that I hold, that is less than popular amongst some of my friends, but I trust that I will still be loved in spite of it. When I began researching the tribes of West Coast Alkebulan, I found online stories of conquests between some of the tribes, like the Fon and the region of Dahomey. From what seems to be available, the Kings of that pre 17th century were quite fierce with captives, offering the as human sacrifice.

Not that this alone forms my hunch, but the fact that Africans are still here to be reckoned with, tells me that in order to have survived the war(s) we have had to be well versed in the art. Anyhow, just some thoughts on the matter.

My views in regards to this are not in accordance with the commonly accepted cause and effect theories of Destee. Yes, colonialism is mainly responsible for starting and continuing the chaos and crazy making behavior, around the planet. Yes it is, but I sense rather deeply at times that there is something more at hand, something that primarily has to do with being male.

Womben of each nation and race, raise families, cook meals, nurse the sick, give to their poor, and farm their fields. In China, the womben work the rice patty fields, in India they work in markets and factories along side their men, and in Africa the original womban has a track record of carrying much of the work load. What am I saying? Just that men of every race and culture seem to have enough time and resources to man armies, fight for causes, and find reasons to kill large groups of people.

Hitler told the German people that eradicating the mongrels of society, the devilish Jews would raise up the superior race of Aryans. In his psychotic efforts, a foundation for evil was laid down, and remains in service today. Would eradicating all the Aryans bring peace to the world, or would the men of the planet continue to fight and destroy over resources, dogma and whatever else?

When i look around, I see the White Supremists telling their women to remain loyal and breed strong white children. In the Middle East, women give birth to Palenstinian and Jewish children, never to cross over the lines of culture for reprimand of death. Here in America we seek to save our nations by advocating for Black relationships. The question then becomes are we as women just making pieces for the chess board? Will there come a time when the sanctity of life actually becomes a priority in the minds of our male leaders?

p.s yes the movie was disturbing, I'm affected for days when I see people slaughtered, even if it's the "movie"
    :11900:

7. Amnat77

Amnat77 Well-Known Member MEMBER

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    I love playing the devil's advocate,:em0100: especially since I 'continue to lurk' on destee.com..lol.

Or just plain greed, and an unquenchable thirst for power.

Really?

.''matriarchal warrior tribes and matrillineal tribe descent are a continuing theme in African history and in some cases survived into modern times. One of the great African Queens of the Ancient world was Majaji, who led the Lovedu tribe which was part of the Ku****e empire''..more

http://www.geocities.com/jywanza1/AfrikanWarriors.html

8. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    monstrous deeds....
    interracial relationships....
    the black man as a beast....

perfect wood of the holly combo....
    the inaccuracies are too many to name but i must say....
    forrest did play the hell out of that role....literally

one love
    khasm

9. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    recall the movie Cry Freedom - they killedSteve Biko off early and the movie was essentially about the white journalist...

Blood Diamond? main character.. white hero

The Constant gardener? yup - another white saviour of African ppl

the list goes on and on...

The Last King of Scotland is no exception: Fact: there was no white Dr Garrigan - he was made up by Hollywood - maintaining the theme that all white ppl (no matter how inexperienced) are the answer to Africa's ills just by being white. (logically, why would the most powerful African leader desire counsel from an inexperienced white kid who was just passing by? :lol:)

anyway.. while Forrest was in top form, all else should be taken with salt. and a lot of it.

10. roarin1

roarin1 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +28
    Idi Amin one of Afrikas madmen.....

Ridiculous.

It is always easier to draw a finalized conclusion of a topic (any topic,) by first ignoring fundamental facts.

There is no region on the planet, that europe has not or, at least made the attempt to colonize--period.

Not unlike Robert Mugabe, Charles Taylor ect, Idi Amin is more another of 'Afrikas Victims' (along with his peoples,) rather than ever a 'madman'.

If Hollywood were looking for a real story, it may want to first examine europes propensity to 'madness'.

MY 2cents.