Black People : Idependent Lens: Hip Hop

Therious said:
I did not see thgis part of the film, so please explain what so called points they made.

but here is ,my take.
I think it is total garbage. I heard Michale eric dison on cnn the other night talking this crap.

Sagging pants are a style, not a homo gesture. anyone who thinks that is prbably gay there self.

about hating women, well i hate to be real, but it is only real that, there are evil women just as there are evil men. Some women think a nice guy is a weak guy, so if you are "nice' to the wrong women, you will get walked all over, disrespected in public. Some times a man gots to put the strong hand down. You must assert your self, and let no one, male or female disrespect you.

with that said there are some fruity rtappers out there, but hip hop its self is far from "homoerotic'.... not even sure what that phrase means.

Brother therious the clip is on this page, watch the one with LL cool J

http://www.pbs.org/independentlens/hiphop/gender.htm

Amnat77 said:
Brother therious the clip is on this page, watch the one with LL cool J

http://www.pbs.org/independentlens/hiphop/gender.htm

I disagree with that entire clip. But before i respond I want to ask, are they saying that these artists are victims of companies that are making them look homo, or are they saying that rappers in general are homoerotic? if it is the latter, here is my 25 cents...

1. LL Cool J targets women in his album sales, as does fitty cent. They Show there muscles A; because women like that and it makes them buy albums (sex sells), b. because they want to get laid C. because they spent countles hours in the gym working out.

2. "if the homies can't have none" mentality comes from gang culture. Running trains on women. It is an i am my brothers keeper thought process, again if you draw that conclusion it makes me wonder what is on your mind..

3.is it LL cool J's fault, cuz some perverted man is looking at him, when he is selling albums to women>?

4.That gay guy at vibe is doing what most gays do, they are trying to push their perversions on the world IMO. Tatoos and sagging pants are not just prison culture, people in the world get tatoos as well and for that matter all convicts are not homosexuals either. there are gay and straight men in prison just like the world.

I have much respect for Eric Dyson, but I am wondering what drugs he is using to come up with such a foolish conclusion.

This assault on black men from every angel is becoming sickening, weather it is the bill Cosby, chris rock ignorant rants. Weather it is the essence magazine and there black man hating articles you know the brainwashed black women and their "i cant find a man on my lvel" jargon, or weather it is this all out assualt on these millionaire rappers. It is sad that even our black folk are joining in the white mans (and arab, and latino. and asian) hatred and jealousy of powerful brothers.

I cant say that hip hop does not have its ignorance, as a matter of fact too much,but IMO this section of this documentry is way off center.

A few facts to consider...

Something to consider:
issues_media_facts.gif

http://www.pbs.org/independentlens/hiphop/literacy.htm

Amnat77 said:
Kemetstry

What did you think of the homoeroticism in hiphop breakdown by one of the commentators?

Again, the disconnect with what they were projecting vs the reality, was amazing

Therious said:
I disagree with that entire clip. But before i respond I want to ask, are they saying that these artists are victims of companies that are making them look homo, or are they saying that rappers in general are homoerotic? if it is the latter, here is my 25 cents...

1. LL Cool J targets women in his album sales, as does fitty cent. They Show there muscles A; because women like that and it makes them buy albums (sex sells), b. because they want to get laid C. because they spent countles hours in the gym working out.

2. "if the homies can't have none" mentality comes from gang culture. Running trains on women. It is an i am my brothers keeper thought process, again if you draw that conclusion it makes me wonder what is on your mind..

3.is it LL cool J's fault, cuz some perverted man is looking at him, when he is selling albums to women>?

4.That gay guy at vibe is doing what most gays do, they are trying to push their perversions on the world IMO. Tatoos and sagging pants are not just prison culture, people in the world get tatoos as well and for that matter all convicts are not homosexuals either. there are gay and straight men in prison just like the world.

I have much respect for Eric Dyson, but I am wondering what drugs he is using to come up with such a foolish conclusion.

This assault on black men from every angel is becoming sickening, weather it is the bill Cosby, chris rock ignorant rants. Weather it is the essence magazine and there black man hating articles you know the brainwashed black women and their "i cant find a man on my lvel" jargon, or weather it is this all out assualt on these millionaire rappers. It is sad that even our black folk are joining in the white mans (and arab, and latino. and asian) hatred and jealousy of powerful brothers.

I cant say that hip hop does not have its ignorance, as a matter of fact too much,but IMO this section of this documentry is way off center.

They are saying that though the record companies are pushing a certain image, the rappers have bought into it lock, stock and barrel. They put out more and more mysogenistic lyrics and lyrics that promote black on black violence

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back