Black Entertainment : Ice Cube - Raw Footage

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by Jahari Kavi, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Jahari Kavi

Jahari Kavi Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Self Development
    Ratings:
    +523
    After the dissapointing "Laugh Now and Cry Later", which was so bad that it made me write a blog begging Cube to put down the mic, Cube is back with his new album "Raw Footage." I'm a huge Cube fan, and I must say that this is actually one of the better hip hop albums that I've heard this year. I'd definitely say that it's better than Nas's "Untitled" album, and unlike his last album Cube seems focused on getting his point across....and that point is that Cube is still politically and lyrically ferocious.......Even "I Got My Locs On" which features Young Jeezy (who I despise) is really dope. It's definitely worth 10 bucks at Best Buy.

Favorite Tracks:

Got My Locs On, It Takes A Nation, Gangsta Rap Made Me Do It, Hood Mentality, Why Me, Cold Places, Jack In The Box, Thank God, Tomorrow (production really fits Cube style), Stand Tall,Take Me Away, Don't Make Me Hurt Ya Feelings

Tracks I could've done without:

Do Ya Thang, Here He Come, Get Money Spend Money No Money, Get Use to It, Crack Baby?

2. emanuel goodman

emanuel goodman Well-Known Member MEMBER

social worker
    Ratings:
    +759

cube been gone for a minute now . He aint been right for over 16 years since he took off the skull cap,levis,locs, and cut the curl i could of did without the curl but that aint the point. When my mane dropped that master piece " yeah fool u caint fade me" he was on point. The jews gave cube some monry and took over his message. REmember when professer grif had to leave public enemy because he told the truth about jews. who u think was funding them. 'sean combs is scared as hell of them too he makes sure everybody knows that he is jew friendly. I cube had the attention of all of the young youth because we all could indentfy with him. He gone dog let it go! That cube aint never coming back. hotep

from one ice cube fan to another here is some of his real isssh!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weDF69Z2ZcI&feature=related

3. MysteryDoors

MysteryDoors Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    ICE CUBE BACK IN THE HIP HOP RAP GAME. WELL, ICE CUBE IS DOING PRETTY GOOD IN FILMS TOO.

I LIKE ICE CUBE OLD HIP HOP RAP CLASSIC:
    Ice Cube-Today Was A Good Day
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4RY-eJgHHs

[​IMG]

Raw Footage is an album by rapper Ice Cube and was released on August 19, 2008. The first single, "Gangsta Rap Made Me Do It", has been released with a music video appearing on his MySpace...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raw_Footage

4. Shadey

Shadey Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    Man I need to check out the album I like everything I heard from it so far.

5. YungMiss

YungMiss Well-Known Member MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +7
    tsk tsk kavi stay hatin'...dont be hatin' kavi lol

6. Jahari Kavi

United States
    Self Development
    Ratings:
    +523
    ^^^lol, how am I hating...I'm tryna give Cube some free pub....

yeah he's still far from the "Amerikkka's Most/Death Certificate (one of my favorite albums of all time)" Cube, but it's still a pretty good release none the less.........I never knew about Griff and the jews.....I'm gonna have to read into that........

^^^Cube in full effect sheddin light on the jewish people who run these record labels.....

7. MRS. LADY

MRS. LADY Banned MEMBER

to seek truth
    Ratings:
    +261
    I do not like ice cube

ice cube tried to say thank god for russell simmons and suger hill

when it was Africa Bambada and Kool Herc who started HIPHOP

biggie puffy and mase

along with

reverend run (lol), deacon dmc, and their new bishop i'll send u ur personal prophecy for so many dollars all participate in homosexual activity

along with the catholics

along with magic johnson and isaiah thomas and the nba homosexuals...

and oprah and stedman .....

it's all a power trip and a disgrace to nature and what is natural and what is not

nature is concious

be blessed.

8. Jahari Kavi

United States
    Self Development
    Ratings:
    +523
    this is true, and I'm sure Cube is aware of this....he even mentions Bambaataa on his new album. I think "thank god for russell simmons" was more of a tribute to the impact russell had on hip hop on the commercial level.....

9. MRS. LADY

MRS. LADY Banned MEMBER

to seek truth
    Ratings:
    +261
    no it is the process of replacing the real with the fake.

this is the strategy of our oppressors, and their recruits.

it's called selling your soul.

no pity on the beast.

he said on that song ... thank god for russell simmons because of him he puttin a different kind of steal up to his grill...

meaning that now he is killing with his lyrics as opposed to a gun.

everything that glitters is not gold.

although some of the songs sound like they are good songs they cotain "double negatives" which in essence mean the exact opposite of what they are truly saying.

nas and ice cube are very skilled at this as well as lil kim and pretty much all of new york and queens bridge.

pretty much all r&b are using lyrics to kill....

and when i say kill i mean ur mind....

our ancestors knew how to write music in order that we may live.

krs-one writes life .... tupac after jail writes life.... eminem writes life (after his first album)

madonna writes death.... master p writes death... ti writes death and homosexuality ....

jz doesn't write at all .....

why do u think lil kim look like she disappearing.... why do kimora lee look like a man .... why did eddie murphy's new wife leave .... why u thin mariah carey look like a man ....

they all garbage

smite the beast.

10. Jahari Kavi

United States
    Self Development
    Ratings:
    +523
    I still don't see what's so horrible about the line, lol. He was paying tribute to Russell for opening doors for blacks musically, this is why he said he can put a "different steel to his grill." I'm a huge hip hop head so I can say that "after" jail 2pac lost a lot of his political focus. 2pacalypse Now, Strictly 4 My *******, and Me Against the World were all made before prison. After he got out of prison, he signed his life away to Death Row, and we know how that turned out. I'm not trying to criticize Pac, because I've always been a fan, but if you're gonna bash Cube, there are many others in the hip hop community you can bash as well (Pac included). When analyzing Cubes material when he first came out, I don't see how one could say that he "kills" mentally. Death Certificate is probably my top hip hop album of all time. The cover of the album even shows Cube in the morgue with a toe tag on Uncle Sam, lol. The album has a "death" and a "life" side, that coincide with one another........to be honest Death Certificate was a piece of work that I'd consider to be "genius."