Black People : Ice Cube - Cave *****

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Keita Kenyatta, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
  2. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    I remember when this song first came out, these lyrics hoked me.

But if you look around today, these lyrics fell on deaf ears.

Also:

This is Kelly Ripa with her new co-host, Michael Strahan. She is a married mother of three, and apparently has no qualms about publicly embracing her new co-host. In fact, she did so with great enthusiasm on his first day, leaping into his arms as he came on stage.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Peace!

3. Deacs

Deacs Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +567
    Some people love black women, some people love our mutant cousins... go figure.

4. Enki

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    Depending on where you live, a lot of bruthas make a concerted effort to kick the sista to the curb and be the perfect daddy, man, and husband to the white woman.

Peace!

5. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486

Before all of that he was married to a white woman who cleaned him out when they got divorced.....I think he's either married to, or still engaged to eddie murphies ex-wife.....

[​IMG]

hmmmmmmmm, i'm not quite sure that that's not eddie after he had a few bleaching sessions..

The enthusiasm probably came from being warned that if she didn't embrace him that she would be replaced because michael brings with him a sporting audience, sure to boost the ratings thru the roof after that regis guy left.....

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...-michael-strahan-ratings-regis-philbin-368094

6. Deacs

Ratings:
    +567
    The biggest problem with this statement is the inaccuracy of it...
    The number of black men or black women seeking interracial relationships hasn't raised or fallen, its the promotion of it which has raised to be a norm so you see more of it being promoted on the tube and on the net.

7. Enki

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    And yet you hear ignorant comments about the black woman being evil and lowdown. These bruthas kill me when they give a sista one or no chance before scraping the whole race but will bend over time after time for the white woman.

I know it's a poor example but look at Kanye, I don't recall seeing him all hugged up and showing off and spending money on a sista the way he has done with Kim.

Peace!

8. Deacs

Ratings:
    +567
    There is enough ignorance with generalizations to go on from both sides of the fence... and all of it is as useless as a nipple on the tip of an elbow.

People care way too much who is sleeping with who, especially when the proverbial garbage in that person's backyard could use some tending...

There are black women which prefer white men over their own, because they choose to
    There are black men which prefer white women over their own, because they choose to

But to blame the entirety of a sex on the experiences which one has with a few is idiocy, plus, what exactly are people losing?
    They are not dating or concerned with you
    They don't even care for your existence

and if they picked one within their race, the last two points wouldn't change regardless.

People need to stop caring what famous and rich people do and tend their own yard... because they care less about you than their pets.

9. Enki

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    The one problem with this comment is that people always think everything gets into the stats, and where they live is the same everywhere. I live in Wa.state, the black and white relationship here is different from other places. I and another member on this board that live in neighboring towns, and have pointed this out several times concerning this issue. Also the promotion of it has nothing to do with my comment which was:

I'm aware of the multitude of reasons why this is, but I don't see the need to list them on a board that is fully aware of them, or to make a simple comment.

Peace!

10. Enki

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    But isn't this the type of promotion you were speaking of? Because the media is the driver for many things in our society.