Black Christians : I Wonder~Did I Meet the Arch Angels Michael & Gabriel~

Discussion in 'Christian Study Group' started by Chevron Dove, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    I Wonder~ Did I Meet the Arch Angels Michael & Gabriel~

I wrote about this strange time in my life in my book, an happening that occurred many years ago before I was married and had my first child. Still today though, I always think about that one day and the very circumstances that surrounds it because almost immediately afterwards, my life was to change dramatically. Every time I revisit these thoughts, I seem to always see something else that I had not noted before. I was at a crossroads in my life. I can see that I had made some bad choices and I didn’t really know what to do about it. And I wonder if my God sent me some help. Now I say that if God Almighty really did send his angels to give me some help, then Man!--He has to have a big purpose for me because he didn’t just send the average, he sent his Arch Angels! It could have been just a coincidence, but still at this point I really don’t know. At any rate, if it was a spiritual happening, then I want to share it because it might help somebody. I remember that day in Newport News, Virginia, so clearly because at that time I was really depressed and started to give up deep down inside my soul. I had just come out of a failed relationship with a guy at my job and part of what was so painful was that my co-workers knew about it. It hurt so bad because they knew I had fallen for him and he didn’t even care. I still wonder why I had to go through something like that. What made me so frustrated too was that I had just come out of another failed relationship about a year ago, one in which I really wanted to work, and I felt like this next man who approached me, pursued me, and caused me to notice him, gave me one more opportunity to land a guy like him and get married. But things didn’t work out that way and I began to give up on Black men altogether.

This guy, like as my previous relationship, was very dark skinned, almost Black skinned. Looking back, I think I might have had sort of like an obsession with dark skinned ‘Black’ men. I find some dark skinned men to be very attractive especially the ones I had met in the past that were slightly tall, thin, and had straight facial features. And therefore, that was the kind I had wanted, the Wolof kind of a man. Beautiful. And this guy on my job had those traits. Oh, he was gorgeous and he had large eyes and a quiet nature. When he smiled at me, my heart skipped, but when I first began to work at this job, I really didn’t notice him al all, right away, because I was fearful and focused on the fact that someone wanted me to fail on my new job. Therefore, I had already made a declaration that I was not going to seek any relationship for awhile and just concentrate on being successful at this high powered job. But by the time I had recognized his advances, it was too late, I failed to push him away. Then one day he gave me an ultimatum and I was so afraid, of what--I didn’t know at the time--but I did not dare think about anything other than what was said to me. I did not dare turn him down. He put me in the middle of a situation between him and his friend, another man on the job. But I now realize that had I not liked him in the first place, maybe I could have face the reality right then, that he put my job on the line. They put my job on the line. I lost the battle right then.

Even if I did not like this man, yet and still, if I had not given into his ultimatum then my job would have been compromised any way. If I would have said, no, then my life would have been hell on the job because he had clout and everybody seemed to like him, but since I gave in my life was hell anyway. I was in a ‘no win’ situation and it soon became obvious to me that no matter what, I was doomed to fail. It hurt so bad. Soon after, I watched my life go down as he strung me along on my emotions. If things weren’t bad enough, a white women on the job felt the need to break the news to me; She came to me in secret to inform me that this guy already had a girlfriend and that they shared a home together! This white woman saw me on the job just about everyday and never basically said two words to me. But now and after I had fallen for the man, all of a sudden, she felt the need to walk up to me and to tell me this. Oh my God!--I thought to myself, “I‘m the other woman!” So after I pursued the matter and yes, I saw it for myself, I knew I had to draw the line. I should have never given into his ultimatum and just faced the piper from the start. It was all a game to him and he just flaunted me on the job. I thought to myself, ‘What if I get pregnant!?’--because I had certainly not been on any birth control regiment all throughout my college years and prior and very fertile. I made an oath to God when I was very young and chose not to be promiscuous because I wanted my life to count in the eyes of my Creator. At any rate, I thought that I now would soon have to live my life as a single mother in constant turmoil over my child’s welfare for the rest of my life. But at any cost, I finally realized that I had to confront this man. It was unavoidable as I should have realized from the get go. I also could not withstand the thought that I could have hurt another Black woman, like myself, and be ‘the other woman’ and have her anguish over this man by my actions. So I faced him and I broke the relationship and the next few weeks of my life was pure hell. He hated me but my conscious was clear. I went down on my knees and prayed to God for fear I might be pregnant and was tormented for weeks as I marked my Calendar and hoped for my monthly friend to return. It did. WHEW! And at some point during this period of torment, suddenly one day, this man came in and announced that he had a job offer and so, this brings me to his last day on the job.

I remember that afternoon after the company party given in his honor that day and, I left early. I went in the restroom and let down. I cried and felt so rejected in so many ways. I felt lonely. I had wanted him so badly. I had friends but that was not enough. Not only did I not have my mother but now, I felt like I had no one close enough to feel my emptiness. I was alone. And in the midst of all of these happenings, my finances were in a muddle. I had no idea how to manage my college debt and come out ahead. I had made some awful decisions and bounced so many checks that the courts pursued me, and all the while I had dealt with my job and this failed relationship, I had to try and track down my bad checks. Some of the department stores and grocery stores threatened to send my checks back to the banks for a second time and ultimately they would be sent to the courts, the criminal courts. That day after the party and close to the end of the work day, I knew that there were two managers at two different stores that held my checks and they each informed me that it was the last day they could hold them. I had until the end of the business day, and until 5:00 PM to get there and pay my fines. Yet, there I was in the restroom crying over a man who did not care nothing for me and within days I could have been locked up for bad check charges. What a mess I was in. Ridiculous. Although I was able to do a great work on my job, my life was miserable. My personal life was a wreck and therefore I was a wreck. I almost felt like I had come to the point of just giving up. But I did not want to give up completely and resign to sit in some jail cell all because I did not even try to pay my fines. So I looked at the clock and saw that it was almost 4:00 PM, and decided to pull myself together to try to make the deadline.

Once I drove onto the long busy boulevard in which both of the stores were located at some distance apart, I parked my car in the parking lot and went into the first store and paid for my fine. But after I left that store, trouble happened. My car would not start. In fact, when I turned the key, there was no sound except for a click. It was dead. I looked at my watch and saw that it was 4:50 PM. What could I do in 10 minutes to save myself!? Nothing, I thought at first. I had dressed for the company party and therefore, I had heels on and even if I had wanted to try and run all the way up the boulevard, at first, I didn’t think I could make it, or could I. Of all the times I drove my car at that time, it never showed any signs of engine problems! What in the world!? Then since I thought I had nothing to lose, I got out of my car and decided to just start walking as fast as I could. I crossed over the median in the middle of the busy boulevard and pressed, but after about 5 minutes, I began to slow down. I realized that it was hopeless. I began to feel like I was just doomed, but all of a sudden, a burgundy colored car pulled up beside me and slowed down. The window rolled down and a white man leaned over and asked me if I needed a ride, but I responded quickly before I could think. I stuttered but said “No thank you.” To my bewilderment, the man persisted and he pressed me and said, “Are you sure?…” Even though it was the busiest time of the day and the cars and trucks were flying past his car, he kept pressing me. He said again more determined and with a doubtful look, “Are you sure you don’t need a ride?” I looked at my watch and then I looked up and thought to myself, “Man! Could he get me there in less than five minutes?” But then I said to him again, “No, but thanks any way.“ To my surprise, he kept persisting. Then I told him of my predicament about my car and my bad check and I told him that I don’t think he could get me there in five minutes anyway. But after I said that he said, “Let’s try”. So he opened his door and even though, I was laughing and in disbelief, I got in and shut the door. He sped off a little ways, whipped his car around and made a U-turn, and up the street he went.

He was a very pretty man, beautiful. He had a really healthy golden complexion and it had a glow to it as if he ate a lot of oil. He appeared to be average in height and he had soft brown eyes, a mustache and soft brown wavy hair. I thought to myself, “This is weird. Why is he helping me? What in the world am I doing getting in his car when I should know better than this? I‘m an idiot.” I immediately knew too, that it was very odd for him to spot me walking in the opposite direction and recognize that I was in distress. This wide spacious boulevard was typical for people to be walking along its sidewalks and had the regular business districts in some areas and houses and apartment complexes in other areas along the way. So what was it about me that he felt the need to drive up on me and persist to help me? These thoughts ran through my head but at any rate, I really didn’t care too much because I was desperate. I was in trouble, depressed and for that moment, I decided to ignore my intuitions. I looked at him as he just looked forward, quietly and kept driving. He turned off the busy street and into the parking lot of the grocery store, and he pulled up to the front of the store and stopped. Then I said, “Thank you” as I got out of his car and told him that I would be fine at this point and I didn‘t need a ride back to my car. But again, he spoke over me and persisted. He said, “No. I will wait for you. I‘ll be right here when you get back.”

Oh! I was screaming inside. No. I thought, “Don‘t wait for me!” But I rushed off and incredibly, I made it! The store manager told me that he was just about to leave. I was freed! But after I paid my fine, I walked up and stood behind the cash register area and stayed back into the grocery store looking out of the windows, and sure enough, there he was waiting for me! I was afraid to get back in his car. What will he expect me to do for his gratitude? What if he tries to take me somewhere by force? I will be a fool for getting back in his car at this point. So I waited for about ten minutes and thought maybe he will just drive off. But no. After I walked around in the store for ten minutes, there he was still parked there with his arms over the steering wheel…waiting for me! Shoot! Uhg. Here I go…So out I walked and again, he opened the door for me and smiled as I got back in his car. He drove off as I told him that it would be just fine if he could drop me back off where he picked me up down the road, and he did just that. He didn’t say two words to me. He just drove quietly and pulled over and stopped right where I asked him to stop. I could not figure out how to say I was indebted to him without being inappropriate. Awkwardly I turned to him as I opened the door and told him my name. I tried to convey to him that I did not no how to repay him, but he quickly said, “It was no trouble at all.” And then he said this, “I was just headed up the highway.” What highway? Now that startled me. There was no highway up the road that I knew of unless he was speaking about the very boulevard. At any rate, I thanked him again and asked his name. He looked at me still smiling, and he said, “Gabriel”. I caught my breath, and quickly glared at him. I felt myself freeze for a brief moment but then thought, “No way.” I got out of his car closed the door, and he drove off. Cont.

And there came two angels to Sodom at even; and Lot sat in the gate of Sodom: and Lot seeing them rose up to meet them; and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground;

And he said, Behold now, my lords, turn in, I pray you, into your servant's house, and tarry all night, and wash your feet, and ye shall rise up early, and go on your ways. And they said, Nay; but we will abide in the street all night.

And he pressed upon them greatly; and they turned in unto him, and entered into his house; and he made them a feast, and did bake unleavened bread, and they did eat….

…But the men put forth their hand, and pulled Lot into the house to them, and shut to the door. And they smote the men that were at the door of the house with blindness, both small and great: so that they wearied themselves to find the door. And the men said unto Lot, …whatsoever thou hast in the city, bring them out of this place: For we will destroy this place, because the cry of them is waxen great before the face of the LORD; and the LORD hath sent us to destroy it.
    GENESIS 19: 1-3 & 10-13.

And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, behold, there stood a man over against him with his sword drawn in his hand: and Joshua went unto him, and said unto him, Art thou for us, or for our adversaries?
    JOSHUA 5:13 ​

2. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    I Wonder~ Did I Meet the Arch Angels Michael & Gabriel~ [II]

I Wonder~ Did I Meet the Arch Angels Michael & Gabriel~ [II]

All of a sudden, I realized that I was stranded. My car was completely dead, I had no clue what to do about it and no way to get to my town home. I had no husband, no brother, no father, and no one to help me fix my car. The only one that I felt might be willing to at least come and pick me up after her job later that night was my friend, a White Jewish girl, of whom I rented a room from in the town home. It was after 5:00 PM and I was tired and weary. Slowly I crossed back over the boulevard and back into the parking lot which was about 5 minutes after Gabriel dropped me off. After I tried to start my car again, I got out and headed towards the store in search of a phone. But just as I began to walk another white man came up to me briskly walking towards the direction of the store and he immediately asked me if I needed help. I hesitated and looked at him for a moment. Then I said, “Well, I don’t think so. My car won’t start. It’s completely dead.” He said as he smiled, “do you have gas in it?” And I assured him that I did. I told him that my gas gage did not work, but I put gas in that morning. Then the smile left his face and immediately, he began to fuss at me. He scorned me and said that I should not have left my house with out a security, a gas can or something. Suddenly, I felt as if he was talking about something else altogether. I immediately thought, “Well, is he talking about my faith?--My faith in God? Then in a moment, I dismissed the thought because I was still tired and miserable. But he began to smile again and he said, “Well, let’s see.” I gave him my keys but assured him that it was totally dead. He opened the door and turned the key as he looked back at me. No sound. He got out quickly and wanted to take me just down the road a block or two to his sister’s house to get a gas can and even though I hesitated, he persisted. Then he started walking and turned to me and he said, “Come on”. Slowly, I began to follow him to his car, a ways away and on another row from where I was parked, and yes, he opened the door for me and I got in.

Almost immediately, I began to ask him questions about himself because I just did not understand why he wanted to help me so much. He was absolutely beautiful, slightly tall, well formed and he had a full head of black hair, straight-typed but it was full, well groomed and tapered back, shoulder length, and he had dark eyes. He also had a very healthy glow to his skin and he had a mustache and a beard that lined his face. He wore long beige kaki shorts, a T-shirt and he had brown sandals on his feet. When I asked him where was he from, he never told me exactly, but he said that the last place that he had just come from was Texas and he came here to just visit his sister for awhile. When I asked him what did he do for a living, he told me that he was a carpenter by trade and just chose to travel across America for awhile to do odds and end jobs where ever he was needed. Then he glanced at me. Okay. Now I started to wonder, but not for long because as he turned into a parking lot, he began to drive down the driveway besides a house and towards the back, and I began to panic. I thought, “Oh No! Helter Skelter. I’m going to die. He’s got that 1970s kind of look to him and he’s got a 1970s typed car. Nobody is going to see me back here in this backyard with him, and he is going to kill me. I’m going to have to fight for my life.” But I remained quiet. He didn’t look at me but just drove the car up to a shed and he got out.

He opened the shed and within seconds, a big huge German Shepherd dog trotted out of the shed and the man walked back to the car, opened the back door and the dog climbed in the back seat! I’m dead. Didn’t he realize that since the Civil Rights times, Black people have a fear of dogs! Oh! But I turned around slightly and noticed that the dog just looked out of the window at the man and paid me no mind. Finally the man walked around the car with his gas can, put it in the trunk and got in. Then he looked at me with his dark eyes and he smiled as he started the car and drove out of the backyard. He looked at me calmly. So I thought to myself, “Watch this. If I ask him what his dog’s name is, he will probably say it’s Shep.” I thought, “The Lord is my Shepherd”. So, I asked him what was his dogs name, and he looked at me and said, “Shep”. Then he smiled. Umh. Okay. Can this be really happening? As he pulled into the gas station, I said to myself, “Now, if he tells me his name is Michael, I’m just gonna die.” I realized that I had dropped my faith because never in my life had I ever gotten in a car with a stranger, and I had done it twice in the space of less than an hour all because I gave up hope. My guard was totally down. Had I been strong in spirit, I would have made better decisions even in regards to going to that party. I could have just taken care of my debt earlier, but my spirit was weak. Then I asked him. He stopped the car, turned off the ignition, looked at me and said, “Michael.” Then he smiled at me, paused and then got out of the car.

I completely lost composure. He kept staring at me, without a smile, as he walked around the car. He never took his eyes off of me, as I threw my head back, covered my face partially with my hands and started laughing. I couldn’t take my eyes off of him. I was in shock. Could this be a an actual spiritual happening or just a coincidence? But I was totally overwhelmed for that moment. Then he got back in the car and said nothing. It didn’t seem to phase him at all that I was totally blushing and struggling to remain composed. But I remained quiet. I remembered the Bible and out of fear, I decided to just say nothing else at all. I didn’t want to be chastised like John the Baptist’ father for doing something wrong so I just looked at him quietly and said nothing anymore. It seemed only seconds that he pulled back into the parking lot up to my car and got out. Then he said, “Let’s see”, as he kept staring at me. He poured the gas into my car, went around to the front and lifted up the hood and put fuel in [?]. Then he sat down, looked back at me, and turned the key, --VROOM! I threw my head back, covered my face partially, stepped back and doubled over. I was totally dumbfounded. I put gas in my car that morning. Finally as he got out of the car, he reminded me not to leave my house unprepared anymore. Then he walked off just as quickly as he came.

I sat in my car for a few minutes. From about 4:50 PM until about 5:30 PM late that summer’s season on a Friday in 1988, something odd had just happened to me and I still wonder about that day. I laid my head back and soaked up the sunlight in the twilight for awhile. I let the tears just stream down my face and didn’t even wipe them right away. It was quiet, calm and so peaceful and I had just noticed that it was a beautiful warm day. I couldn’t wait until that evening to tell my friend about this day. Finally I turned the key and drove home. The very next two days during the weekend, I had another unusual event to happen to me. I was warned in detail in a vision prior to an unannounced visit of relatives and told to remain calm, but to stay put and to not consent to moving out of the town home at all. To my amazement, I was offered a proposition and asked to return home, but I politely declined. Soon after, my life changed markedly. The very next week, I met my husband and almost by that same time the very next year, I had given birth to my firstborn child. My husband is beautiful, a light honey brown colored ‘Black’ man, and I’ll never forget my young son when he was first taught to say his colors in Arabic.

I had paid a Palestinian woman to teach him and at one point, as my husband and I sat in her living room, my son decided to tell his teacher what the colors meant to him in English. As he sat at her dining room table, he said, “My Daddy is Lellow and my Mommy is Brrrownnn.” The woman just laughed and I was surprised because it didn’t occur to me until then that he had summed up his parents. It wasn’t much later too, that this Palestinian woman began to tell me something that she said had been bothering her. She confided in me and told me that every time we came over she made her husband get up from his nap and sit in the living room with my husband because she was afraid of him. She told me that he looked like an Israeli and she told me of her fears. But I told her that even if he was, because of what America has done to us over here, he had no connection to their culture over in ‘the Middle East’ nor to the kind of issues she brought up. But then too, I never told her, however, I was insulted. If my husband looked like an Israeli then why couldn’t she equate me in respect to this same culture?

How can this woman and this world equate my husband to being an Israeli but not an African-typed woman or man like myself? What of his mother then, for she certainly has a brown complexion as I have and she has afro-typed hair? This world has a problem with the African woman. Yes, my husband has a light golden-brown complexion and even in the heat of the summer season, the darkest he has gotten one summer as he worked out in the element, was an orange-brown color at best. Now although this woman may not have known it at the time, but he can grow a full afro, so where in the world would she have thought his bush came from? It was only a few months later that my husband went into a ‘de ja vu’ phase from back in the day, and made me cornrow his hair during the summertime as he was out of work. He complained that although he saw his older brother grow a fro during the Black Power days he never got that chance. A few weeks later and when he picked his hair out, he had a full bushy and very black fro. And Man!--What a beautiful man is he! He looked like a calm, but young lion. And what of his offspring? How can he be viewed as being from ‘the Middle East’ and even for being an Arab at times, but not his offspring that comes from an African-typed woman like myself? Was this what happened to the ancient Hebrew Israelites? Were the darker skinned and Black skinned Hebrews denied their inheritance? This thought put me back to that time in my life where I was at a crossroad and just before I met my husband. When I looked at my sons sometimes, I think back to that day when I was at my job standing in the restroom crying over a Black man. And I have come to realize that God made an intercession for me.

Some years later, I remember one day that one of my sons said to me about his brother, “Mom, I can’t believe it. For years ‘he’ was lighter than me. He was red and I was the dark one and then all of a sudden he stays out in the sun and he’s almost black!” So what happened to the darker skinned Hebrew Israelites? What happened to Bathsheba’s sons? What happened to Zippora’s sons? What happened to Keturah’s sons? What happened to Mary’s sons? What happened to probably millions and millions of Hebrew Israelites that descended from our forefathers? Why were they driven from ‘the Middle East’? Where did they go? They can’t be all dead. How has this world punished the Brown man for bonding with the Black African woman? They put them on the slave ships with the Black ones too. They persecute them constantly and one of the enemies’ greatest weapons used against the Black African man-- is the Black woman. Are we being deceived into being isolated? And, how can I hate dark skinned Black men when I look at my own beautiful sons? It’s impossible. Therefore, I think back to those days just before I met my husband and I know that God made an intercession for me so that I could learn to distinguish the man from the Creation. Whether or not Michael and Gabriel were sent by the Creator or not is still a wonder, but I also focus on the events that surrounded that day.

My life changed significantly right away. I was showered with attention everyday from my husband. God has showed me that even though I had a bad experience, this world does persecute Black African men collectively, and they also target them too, based upon the color of their skin. Based upon the Bible, Jehovah has intervened and dealt with the disrespect and the harm that has happened towards Black women byway of ancient Black kings. And he still is dealing with it. He took their governments away from them. But they are made in his image and he knows what to do. I am confident that the Creator will never pardon a Black man for harming a Black woman and their sins that even concerns the Slave Ship Trade will be sifted out over the course of *a season and a Time [1090 years]. It seems like an insanity to believe that White people could have forced Black girls onto those slave ships for hundreds and hundreds of years without a collective attitude of self hatred that came from the spirit of the Black man towards the Black women. The Black man failed the Black women and that is the very reason why Jesus Christ had to come and stand with us at the cross. I believe that kind of deep seeded hatred that some Black men harbor against the Black woman will be judged. But when we Black women cannot look at the root of the cause then we are also apart of the hate train. We fail to see that there was a time that the Black woman was elevated byway of the Black mankind and as nurturers certain Black women in high places did use their sons to strike out at their own fathers due to some deep seeded desire to look over their shoulders at the beautiful white man. They sacrificed their own sons, an act that becomes manifested in the third and fourth generations. This too must be sifted out.

History will repeat itself just like from the days of the set up the Church [AD 90] until the onset of the Crusades in AD 1099. The period of judgment for this world system of Black Exploitation has already been set back in the days of Daniel-the-prophet. The trap has already been sprung in 2008 and many of our young people have already been sent out to be apart of atrocities for the benefit of a system that does not believe in the Creator God nor his son. They have already been sacrificed. And so count, --from the inauguration of January 2009 until 1090 years; 3099--This will be the end of the judgment period for the rest of the world that were not directly apart of the very system of White Supremacy but were supporters and indeed benefactors, so says the Bible. History will repeat itself. And the only way out would be to understand how deep seeded self hate operates from a Black-on-Black mode and used against us, and then hope for another act of grace of which only the Creator can provide; Because the option through Jesus has already passed, so says the Bible. Paul said that there must be a great falling away before the end times begin and that has already happened. We have to look back at the Black man and the Black women of the past and understand how the hate train worked to cause us to lash out at each other for the benefit of White Supremacy.

Today, and many times if Black men even think about bonding with a Black woman, the adversary seems to always be right there in the midst to encourage disrespect. They are always challenged. The Black man has been under the Gun for about 2500 years and since about the time of the fall of Neo-Babylon. It seems as though we are in the midst of a great spiritual struggle and Colorism is a major part of it, but in heaven White Supremacy and Color Supremacy does not exist because it was thrown out. But it sure is on this earth! And for this reason, I believe that we need to be mindful of it because it is a reality. We should not ignore it. But God’s will be done on earth as it is in heaven.

Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares. HEBREWS 13:2.

In the first year of Belshazzar king of Babylon Daniel had a dream and visions of his head upon his bed: then he wrote the dream, and told the sum of the matters.
    DANIEL 7:1. [488 BC]

*As concerning the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away: yet their lives were prolonged for a season and time. DANIEL 7:12. [1090 years]

And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time. DANIEL 7:25.
    [2500 - 488 BC = AD 2012]​