Black Poetry : I was lied to (Part One)

Even though Max has been banned, I still feel like I should respond. To say that I am writing for the devil is unnecessary and untrue. I am writing for myself and anyone who has seen the hypocrisy that I am aware of, and can’t let it go unnoticed. This isn’t an assault on Christianity or Christians, but it is a frustration with the inconsistency of people. There are a lot of people who are not as righteous or genuine as they seem; not even as much as they believe themselves to be. A lot of people rationalize their behavior and thoughts so that they don’t have to feel uncomfortable about themselves and their relationship with God. It seems that a lot of people are praising God one minute, but then indulging in social pressures and norms the next. The people that I see who are consumed by social desires are not the greatest Christians, but there may be exceptions. I could focus on the positive, and only the positive, but that would be disingenuous. To ignore the negatives is just ignorant. When regarding something as important as one’s faith, the not so great aspects of that faith, as it is lived and practiced on earth, are to be explored or at least noticed. To be upset that some one notices these things and points them out is unfortunate. You have to figure out how you can reduce the existence of this hypocrisy yourself, because when it becomes noticeable, and seems like it is everywhere, it becomes very disappointing for those who notice it. You can’t just tell these people to forget about it. You have to convince them that there are genuine Christians out there. Then they will believe in not Christianity again, because that is not the problem in the first place, but fellow Christians again.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back