Black People : I was Just Pondering some Things

HODEE

Alonewolf
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jul 2, 2003
Another Valentines Day!
I survived. Had a good meal, some Ghirardelli Chocolates and a few beers.
Total sales were estimated to be $17.1 Billion. retailers say.. "They didn't feel the Love" sales were down from last year. Of course the current weather played a part.

I was in the store Wednesday buying some chocolate covered strawberries for my wife.
I was all messed up thinking for some reason Valentines day was Thursday.

So on Wednesday we ate lobsters I boiled with some Minced Garlic, Sea Salt and Cumin, with that we had vegetable pasta with bacon flavored Alfredo Sauce.

I enjoy cooking.

When I do I know I will enjoy what I am about to eat. Picky eater I am.

I messed up.. so again I had to cook on Valentines Day. Lobsters again.. this time with some Garlic Noodles. My wife today to treat...is taking me to three wineries for a noon to five tasting.. I hope I can last five hours drinking. What a treat Love is.

So do I shower her all the time. I try. I cook almost everyday. I find coming up with tasteful ways to cook the same meats a challenge. So I have been playing more with spices. Cocoanut milk and stuff. I even have been baking a few pies. I like those baked goods from scratch.. just the way my mother did.

In this photo taken Tuesday, May 31, 2011, farmer Issiaka Ouedraogo arranges cocoa beans, laid out to dry on reed mats, on a cocoa farm outside the village of Fangolo, near Duekoue, Ivory Coast. (AP Photo/Rebecca Blackwell)

Most of the world's cocoa comes from West Africa

650x366_02092147_ap110531163415.jpg

In the photo above. Is a farmer working hard to make that day I spent buying the chocolates possible.

I Sincerely Thank Him for that.

There was a post recently that pointed out how we used to be farmers, blacksmiths and all that.

We aren't the agriculture wizards of old. If I planted a few apple trees in the back yard it doesn't come close to be skilled in Agriculture. That farmer above Mr. Issiaka Ouedraogo knows his trade.

Other than us being consumers here in the west. I wish I had a farm. I could have a farm... my mother has land in Mississippi that is available. I often dream of taking it and doing the farm thing. Then I come back to the reality I have no skill in agriculture.
I could raises horses.. that would be fun and is a passion for me. But then the reality sets in I have no skills in that either. I am wasting my resources. I truly am. I have before me vast opportunity to be prosperous, feed others cheaply. But I lack the farming skills.

We struggle here in America and we long for the uniting of us with Africa. What can I take and give back as I greet a man like the one in the photo above.

I couldn't teach him anything he knows what he is doing. Be it here or there. Are we ready to meet Our Destiny?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back