Black Women : I want to be a man

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by Kwango_Likemba, Apr 21, 2005.

1. Kwango_Likemba

Kwango_Likemba Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +11
    I am posting on this board because I don’t know where else I could post this... Well, I want to be a man. It’s something I’ve always secretly wanted. I decide to tell my feelings here because this forum is completely anonymous and the members here are nice people. My folks begin to notice a difference in me. Whether or not my bisexuality is immoral it’s not the question in this thread. What I want to know is WHY something about me wants to be a man? I feel a pressing desire to be a man. Will it go away? I am still very feminine. I even have the habit to wear skirts and make-up all the time. But deep down inside of me I want to be a man. Does it have something to do with my sexual desire for women? Do you think it will go away because I’m outwardly so feminine...

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,735
    no, you don't..............

3. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    I think this is more of a topic for the open forum or the sister forum sister Kwango_Likemba, so I will move this thread after my response (I think I'll actually wait until you see this). I am quite aware of your bi-sexuality. However, I have heard many heterosexual women say they want or wanted to be a man at some time in their life. Most women who have said this where frustrated by the lack of power that women seemingly have. They felt that more could be accomplished as a man. Knowing your political views & the aspirations you have for your country...I strongly suspect this is the case for you! If I'm wrong, please correct me. If I'm right though, know that women are far from powerless in today's society. Being a woman will not stop anyone from achieving their goals.

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Wow Sister Kwango Likemba ... this has to be the most startling / eye opening topic i've ever seen here, for lack of a better word / phrase. I'm compelled to respond, but don't really know what to say. Bless your sweet darling heart for giving me the opportunity to try.

I'm honored that you feel comfortable enough to share this with us. I'd imagine that there may be others who think and feel the same way you do. Perhaps not about the specific thing you want, but having wants that overwhelm them. You have encouraged them to speak on it. Thank you.

Sister ... we all have wants ... we all want what we want.

The challenge is in knowing which want do you choose, as we'll never get to have them all, and some can kill us.

Make a list of all of them ... then decide which want you want the most ... and go for it.

You're entitled to want what you want.

I love being a woman. I thank God i was made a woman! I can't imagine wanting to be a man, not fa real ... but in a kinky sorta way, that might not be a bad thing ... i'm jes' say'n ... but it aint nuth'n i've ever wanted. That does not mean it aint somethin' that you can't want. Aint no two folk gonna want the same stuff, exactly. But you know what Sister, i'm going to trust that whatever you do, it's what you want to do. 'Cause that's what grown folk do ... what they want.

There are so many things in my life that i want! Some are totally impossible to achieve, at least in this very moment. For example, i want my Mother to be alive again, with me ... i want all my people to be free from pain, strife, and mistreatment ... i want to have several husbands, at the same time ... :wink: ... i want to be wiser ... we all want stuff Sister.

Every action we do, are our wants, or move us toward our wants. You can tell a lot about a person by the things that they've done, their previous wants, to get an idea about them. Your wants can't help but speak for you.

The next level, after doing what you want, is considering how what you want, impacts us as a people. It's a whole lotta different stuff i'd be wanting, if i thought for one minute only i would be affected ... i have children, i have family, i have people that love and care about me ... my wants make a difference to them, and i honor that. I'm sure you do too. At the same time, there are some wants that no matter what, we want that thing, gotta have it, and are willing to pay whatever price we must for it. Nuth'n wrong wit that either Sister ... just gotta know which want to want that bad.

I hope i've helped ... a little!? :)

Much Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

5. Monetary

Monetary going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    Kwango_Likemba

Beware of what you ask for...some things can not be undone.

I don't know what the procedure is for a woman surgically becoming a man. However, for men surgically becoming women, it's been a nightmare from documentaries and tv shows I've seen. The hormone treatment may be a little daunting in itself given that hair will start to grow in places you're not accustom to hair growing such as your facial area. Can this process be reversed making you feel the same as you did before the surgery? I don't know. Hell, is a surgery even required is this situation?

I wish you the best. Just beware of what you ask for. Think long and hard on this one my dear Sista.

:kiss:

((((( Kwango_Likemba )))))

6. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    You know what the MOST common thing about women wanting to be men and men wanting to be women is?

THEY ALWAYS FOCUS ON THE OUTSIDE AND NEVER ON THE INSIDE!

To elaborate on that, I mean that when women want to be men, they see what the outsides look like, and never try looking in. ONLY if you knew how life as a man was on the inside, you would most likely change your mind......especially a black man. I could go on forever with what experiences you could have as a black man that make it tough, but I think I will just give you time to think about how men are on the inside FIRST!

CD

7. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34

What qualities about a man do you admire? What makes you want to be a man so bad? Like Cedric said, once you got you wish, I bet you'd think differently. Yes, men have some advantages, but it's no picnic at all. I'm interested in why you want to be a man.

8. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    Well, I'm heterosexual, and I have never had any desire to be a man. There are some things about being a woman that are physically annoying, like the time of the month and pregnancy, but these things can also bring spiritual enlightenment and joy.

What I wish to see is that woman are treated with more respect in society; that we're seen as people and not a sex object, or a maid. However, this is not to say that men have it perfect either. Society needs to improve in giving men freedom to express their emotions, without fear that they'll be seen as gay.

Both genders have their own struggles they need to deal with. So if person wants to change over because they think the other side has it 'easier', they need to open their eyes.

9. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,735
    i have been wishing for the day when women treat their selves with more respect.
    i don't think that i will live to see it.

10. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137

Sister we have a dominant consiencousness and subdued consciencousness. It is not good to be too masculine or too feminine. There is a harmony and balance between both. Your physical gender is the sign of which consciencousness is supposed dominant. Sometimes in situations our subdued consciencousness overpowers our dominant consciencousness and we have feelings contradictory to our gender. What you must understand is there is more to being a man than having sexual desire for a woman. You must study and understand what is masculine and what is feminine, where they come from, what their purposes are, what they do, etc. In an age of being whatever we want to be we must be careful and understand the responsibility of that role we are ready to accept...

Peace Sister....