Black People : I totaled my car this weekend

get your hand looked at….

Today! I've kept it Ace bandaged and iced it. I already get 5% Lidocaine cream for my lower back and legs, and it has helped some (especially when I inadvertently bump my hand up against something), but I suspect I need it x-rayed.

Maybe stabilized (pro wrapped).

One Love, and PEACE

First of all, thank Goddess/God that you are alive with minor damage.

I totaled my first car, a Ford Pinto, at the age of 18 going home after a high school basketball game. I was cruising not speeding, made a bad move, resulting in running into a meridian dividing a freeway exit, doing a 360, flying over the shoulder and hitting a pole with my rear end. In a Pinto which was notorious for the exploding gas tank. I still have back and knee problems from that accident, and after a woman ran into me in Las Vegas give years ago, one of the first things I did after moving back to LA is I stopped driving. I am now Metro Man. Take care sister Fieldpea.

Thank you, Omo. As it happens, I have a metro card, good for all buses and the light rail (trains) until January of 2015! If I decide not to buy another car (very likely), then between free cab rides to doctor's appointments (a health plan benefit), and the buses/trains, I'll have to get by the same way as you now do.

I know I'll miss my ride though--especially for grocery shopping (sigh).

One Love, and PEACE

Today! I've kept it Ace bandaged and iced it. I already get 5% Lidocaine cream for my lower back and legs, and it has helped some (especially when I inadvertently bump my hand up against something), but I suspect I need it x-rayed.

Maybe stabilized (pro wrapped).

One Love, and PEACE

Go to the hospital! You could have ligament damage, internal bleeding, or other complications. Such as, it may be more than your thumb. This isnt anything to play with.

I was picking up my son. I was early, so I stopped at a local university to chill and read the paper. When it was time, I pulled out into the street. I saw this guy coming like a bat outta hell in my rear view. So I stayed in the middle lane, ASSuming he would go around. He ASSuned I would continue over. He slammed into my rear doing about 70. He went airborne. Finally being stopped by a tree. My rear end was smashed, but drivable. He, of course, was totalled

Sister Fieldpea, I am sure you will adjust as needed. I just got back from grocery shopping myself.

I have had three separate incidents of running into poles and should be dead by now. Lost count how many times drivers have run into me do I only miss driving when I want to go out on weekends. But walking to and from the metro stops is great exercise and sometimes I just take bus rides to Malibu or Xuma beach, or the Blue Line to Long Beach to chill. Very much less stressful than dealing with gridlock. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back