Black People : ''I think we are losing our culture because of the church''

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by hiphopolx, Dec 9, 2009.

1. hiphopolx

hiphopolx Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +209
    ''I think we are losing our culture because of the church''

is what the native artist in video is saying. He has more to say as well. And some folks here thinks their faith is gets picked on while ignoring the reality of whats been happening globally to us so called 'Pagans'

:10500:

2. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    AFrica...

The mother (birthplace) of the three major religions...

I. e., let's do make a clear distinction between the white and black takes on Christianity, since the white take harkens back to the Romans (one time slaveholders) who had their own take on Christinity (the religious faith of their former slaves), as contrasted with the black christianity that rose out of them slave quarters, during their eras of their enslavement, on this continent, etc.

Better for you to have said and written this:

"Have today's blacks have forsaken the Chrisitianity of their ancestors and forebears, in order to be accepted by the mainstays of the white folks' alleged or real (true) believers?"

Again:

Some slaves mimic some masters...

Other slaves rise up and out to take back their dignity and self respect, do topple their exploiters and oppressors...

So also do contrast the lip service which the likes of Osama Bin Laden etc. give to the tenets of Islam00as contrasted with those who did and do emulate the example of Brother Malcolm etc.

Need I say more?

FYI

3. hiphopolx

Ratings:
    +209
    How about say it over.......
    a little clearly.

The title of the thread is taken from what the artist is saying.

And what was the spiritual practices of the slaves B4 they were brought to the americas?

The europeans that brought the slaves here feared the slaves original culture. And still do today.
    But guess what they gave a thumbs up to.
    These are the same hypocrites who were slighted in europe b/c of their religious views. So they came here for Religous freedom.

Hotep

4. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    WELL ALL I CAN SAY IS

YOU HAVE A LOT OF NERVE FOR BEING HONEST, CAN'T YOU LIE SOMETIMES??

What you say is something many concious Black folks have been discussing recently and in context.

African Methodist Episcopal, African Methodist Zion, Abyssinian Baptist, were not just African centered churches in the 60s and early 70s they as well as several major churches supported and nurtured not only the Afrocentric movement but the Black Power and Black Nationalist movement by making and providing support to folks like H Rap Brown (Rev Del Schields) presenting ministers from the NOI to speak, as well as working along the Black Panter Parties here in Harlem Queens and Brooklyn,

Even the imagery of the church back then was diffrerent, elder women wore Gailehs and Bhubbhas to church and men and us children wore dashikis, and the real presentation of Jesus with dark brown skin and wolly hair was prominent,

but after the 80s and particularly the 90s we started getting these churchianity conmen and hustlers , and jive televangelists, and if any of the televangelists became Nationalist like Frederic K Price, they were taken off the air and dragged through bs audits.
    Price had the audacity to present African history on his telvised sessions as well as presenting a 2 month course hosted by Dr Claude Anderson (Black Labor, White Wealth)

today the pimps of churchianity have worked hard to seperate Black christians from the general Black community and brainwash them into a selfish materialistic cult tradition, haveing nothing to do with pastors like Nat Turner,

but haveing more to do with folks like Rev Ike, Daddy Grace, Sweet Daddy MCulouch and "Rev Deke O'Malley"

what should be mentioned is the noted high craft, and on the square Warlock, and Satanist,
    BISHOP LEGRAND, it seemed that his perverse corruption and bloodthirsty and bloodlust activities opened a vortex of slave control, to return to the community via the church, because his appearance and disapearance in the NYC community was concurrent with the height of the success of COINTELPRO, and the 30 plus young and old Black women, that him and his sons killed and chopped up thier bodies,
    happened seemingly without any police or FBI intervention, nor was there any real audit of his vast millions, fleets of limousines, or tenements.
    Also what may have assisted a vortex of evil was a famous scandal in a msjor church, happened in the 80s in the Carribean of several homosexual bishops caught in an OTO ritual on the alter of the church, involving buggery feces and blood.

Yes the new cult of churchianity, the klan that has hidden behind the Bush's Harry Potter robes of FAITH BASED INITTIATIVE,
    have strategicaly erased any vestige or remnant of Afrocenyricity or any presentation of African culture from all media, network as well as cable, were at a time in the 60s and early 70s;
    one could see on television;
    Dr Clarke's lectures on African history (actualy an entire course presented on PBS)
    Barabara Ann Teer Black theater
    Imamu Baracka
    Pharoah Sanders
    Mariam Makeba
    Hugh Masekela
    Olotunji
    Letta MBulu

and all Black award ceremonis on television presented an African dance troop as the highlight of the evening.

Even amongst the youth the in thing was THE LAST POETS, Bobbly Seale buttons, Huey buttons, Black Power fists and Ankhs, and red Black and green on everything!!!

now the youth wear symbols of death and decay like spider webs and skull and bones, and skeleton jackets

therefore,
    the question is now, will the traditional African religious groups unify, get over thier differences ,
    and bring back the platinum age of Afrocentricity to the community and to the youth who desperately need it?

5. truetothecause

truetothecause Well-Known Member MEMBER

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    I think he is RIGHT... and we DID lose our Culture....

Praises to the Ancestors and Creator of WE however.....

that which WAS lost...IS NOW FOUND.....

and WE Stand Ready, Able and Willing to RE~Claim it!

Peace, Power, and Continued Protection to You....from...

M.E.
    :hearts2:

6. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    the60s and 70s were as different as night and day

7. hiphopolx

Ratings:
    +209
    Enlighten me to the differences the ''traditional African religious groups'' need to ''get over'':10500:

Hotep

8. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    WHO LOVES YOU BABY!!!!

Yeah not to bring up dirty laundry, but ask any priest of Yoruba in the town or city you are in and they will tell you,

however my question still stands will they hopefully step up to the plate were the so called churches have failed and restore an environment of Afrocentricty to the Black community that realy and desperately need it at this time?????

9. hiphopolx

Ratings:
    +209
    From my perspective
    I thought they have
    Nothing happens over night tho.
    But the fact that I'm far from alone in my quest for 'knowledge of self'
    Is saying something.
    The insight I express here would have gotten folks burned alive a few suns ago.

10. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,070
    In the Spirit of Sakofa and Truth!

hiphopolx,

Without a doubt, the video is on point. We know what has happen, we know the lies told, as all posters attest. Truth be told, it is our responsibility, today, to bring in knowledge behind the false teachngs of the perpetrators...Peace In my brother friend, for real!