Black Relationships : I See This A Lot

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by river, May 31, 2004.

1. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    What is it with these brothahs who marry and date whte women but swear up and down that they love black women? When they tell me how beautiful and intelligent and sweet black woman are am I supposed to feel flattered? Verily, verily I say unto thee that I do not feel flattered. I have no problem with black men marrying white women. If that's your choice that's your choice. More power to you. Just don't come trying to kiss up to me. Like the song say you gotta love the one you're with.

2. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    While we are on the subject of aggressive women I'd like some feedback here. But I'll let you initiate it.

3. queentswana

queentswana Well-Known Member MEMBER

day care provider (own business)
    Ratings:
    +161
    Maybe their on a guilt trip when they see a black woman...who knows.

4. MrBlak

MrBlak Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +9
    It is some sort of guilt trip for dating IR for the wrong reasons .... or they are trying hard to prove they are still real becuase they are self conscious about the whole situation. I have heard many black women complain about black males with white girls staring at them (the look) when they cross in the street. I dotn know what causes someone who probably didnt notice all the fine black women in the first place to suddenly look......but that is their business really. I think the same can be true of black females who date IR too.

5. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    indeed they feel guilty about crossing over and seek approval
    or trying to lay that sisterly love crap down and going home to that woman
    to express a different emotion about a sistah........truely a false face

6. Lucky

Lucky Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    Black females come in many shapes sizes and colors, why go anywhere else?
    I've thought about dating a white female but i'm happy I never acted on it, and I dont plan to, NEVER! Why limit myself?

In my personal opinion and this my be stereotype to sum, but must white females that date black dudes are wanna be black females I think and just what to have a baby by him to be that much closer to "being black" .

7. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Those are great insights. Very enlightening. Now what is a good response to brothahs who come around with the "sisterly love crap?" I know ya'll will have a ball with this question.

8. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    Are we just speaking of white women?
    I wouldn't date a white woman. I have dated women of another race...and I can still say that I love black women, truthfully. I don't go in anyone's face for approval or anything like that, but if someone asks "do you date black women" I would tell them "yes, and I love black women with a passion too". There is nothing that can make me stop loving black women. If I happen to be dating a woman of another race, does that mean I love black women any less....no. It just means I love women as a whole.

9. MrBlak

Ratings:
    +9
    I think this applies more to those who gotta mention to the world they are dating out of race for prestige, but then wanna feel real so they go overboard with compliments to black women they would not have other wize. Most people cn tell the difference between that foolishness and how you say you conduct yourself which seems fine to me. JMO

10. MrBlak

Ratings:
    +9
    Ask them for an example fo a specific black woman they have admired, been friendly with, dated or been in a relationship with that they said that to. Ask them if they showed that appreciation before dating IR or while they were still single too. :sand: