Black People : I See My Family in All Black People

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, May 13, 2011.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Peace and Blessings Family,

I think what helps me not damage Black People further, when I see them doing stuff I don't like or agree with, is the fact that they look like my Family.

I have never seen a Black Person, that does not look like some Black Person in my Family, no matter where in the world they are.

Every Black Person i've seen, looks just like a cousin, uncle, auntie, sister, brother, niece or nephew of mine.

I love my Family, and with all of us looking like Family, it makes it easier for me to have patience, understanding, and empathy for them.

Maybe it can help you too, if you find it to be true.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

2. Blaklioness

Blaklioness Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,812
    It helps me be open to what potential may lie within, but alone, at this point, it is meaningless. Family can be about genuine love. Family can also be about crippling and sometimes intentional dysfunction, and where no standards for healing are being established, all blind support turns into is enabling syndrome. Noone benefits from that...including those members who are seriously about ending the cycle.

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684

Sister Blaklioness ... i agree ... Black People that have hurt me, look just like my Family too.

It's very difficult to meet folk that look like me, embrace them, knowing they may be the very ones that are here to kill me.

It is very difficult ... but it is our challenge ... our cup to drink from ... and unless we can work this out ... we are doomed as a people.

I'm left with no option but to trust my people ... my Family ... until they prove they are not deserving of that trust and confidence.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

4. Blaklioness

Blaklioness Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,812
    I understand your underlying concern. I decided that I must focus on those of us who stay because the others want us to turn on each other wholesale because it is a distinct advantage for them and the AGENDA. I recognize that there is genuine ignorance among us but that there is also willful ignorance and deliberate malintent. Since I agree that a lot of us come from the first category and need and deserve the opportunity to heal and come up out of the sickness, the environment for that healing must be created---primarily by making sure that those of us who know are on the path to become GENUINE, living examples of what is possible. It's only then that many people who may really not recognize will actually gain insight. However, when we are dealing with those who fall in the last two categories, we MUST set standards of what is and is not acceptable behavior. People will say it is judgemental, but if that is not done, then where does the line for healing, empowerment, and responsibility actually begin? For me, it is no longer acceptable to keep saying that we are the parent race of the planet, yet not be willing to hold our own feet to the fire. It's just not ok because we would never get past where "they" allow us to be. Indeed, we need to be willing to see "family" outside immediate biological parameters, but we must be absolutely willing (unapologetically) to send the message to the range of our family that we will not tolerate any among us promoting the AGENDA. It's late in the game, so it's either do or die...peace.

5. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    Blac folks not from Africa, like the sisters and brothers of New Guinea and the Dalets of India, have had sevral conferences of unity with Black Africans in the recent past.