Food Discussion : I refuse to cook without my _______!

Discussion in 'Food Discussion and Recipes' started by Bootzey, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Bootzey

Bootzey Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Don't Ask
    Ratings:
    +862
    This is a very quiet forum. I can dig it. It has become unfashionable to cook in the present society. I know there are some cooks out there, though.

What are some of the food items that are indispensible in your kitchen and why?

2. Bootzey

United States
    Don't Ask
    Ratings:
    +862
    Since I started the post, I'll start the ball rolling....

Fresh Garlic - tastes so much better than any other kind and it lasts a long time

Canned Tomatoes - tastes much better than fresh. No clue why. can be used for soooooooooooo many purposes. It's tasty enough on it's own to be used as a spaghetti sauce

Frozen diced onions - No more tears. No more sprouting onions in the drawer

Ghee - this stuff imparts an amazing flavor to what your cooking, and it's aromatic

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Sister Bootzey ... i'm not much of a cook ... but the one thing i can't cook without ... is a sink full of hot, soapy, dishwater! :D

It makes me uncomfortable, to see people cooking without it!

As a matter of fact, i'd rather do the cleaning (after) of the kitchen, than the cooking ... if i have a choice! :wink:

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

4. Bootzey

United States
    Don't Ask
    Ratings:
    +862
    You are welcome to come to dinner ANYTIME!!!!

Folks have lost all their manners these days. Showing up at your house, unannounced, with their arms open and hands empty. Where is the home training? Eat all your food, drink all your liquor and look to take something home. And never invite you to their spot to break bread.

I love to cook and entertain, but I don't do it nearly as much as I used to. I still cook for myself though.

5. Ionlyspeaktruth

Ionlyspeaktruth Banned

Ratings:
    +6

All kinds of spices. Gotta have me some spice. I also nee a blender for sure

6. Nasheed

Nasheed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Otr Truck Driver
    Ratings:
    +168
    I Love To Cook

No kitchen is complete without fresh everything. When I cook I have do it frm scratch. I make all my own sauces for various meals. If in a push I will used canned items but hate doing it. I even make my own pasta(well sometimes,if it turns out right). One more thing no kitchen is complete without a set or 2 of Wolf Gang Puck knives and 2 sets of Circulon Cookware.

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    awwwww ... thank you for the invitation Sister ... what time should i arrive?! :D

I know people like you, that cook good food and everyone wants to eat it! :)

There's only one person's home though, that every time i go there ... i go straight to the stove, see what's in the pots ... and if nothing is there, i go in the fridge and check the leftover containers out ... :lol: ... aint nuth'n like some of my Mother in Law's left over greens! ... don't let me find a piece of cornbread too ... whew Lawd! :)

Even though i've been divorced from her Son for a hundred years, this one thing has never changed!

I couldn't imagine folk coming to my house to eat! lol ... oh my gosh ... that never happens! :)

Now that my children are all grown, i don't even hardly buy groceries. I remember when i was raising my children, i hated buying groceries. I pretty much hated all shopping. Being poor just took the joy out of it i think ... oops ... i think i'm rambling ... :D

Nawww ... i couldn't imagine folk just coming to my house to eat. Even my children don't come home to do that ... :lol: ... oh gosh ... this may be why i don't have a husband ... wait ... ssshhhhhh ... let me stop talking now, before i tell too much! :D

Matter of fact, people bring me food. They know i don't cook or buy groceries and stuff, so they check on me, making sure i've eaten. They've done it so much that i had to tell them, i absolutely love your cooking, your love, kindness, everything ... but please, don't feed the animals ... :lol: ... oh gosh ... i was getting fatter and fatter! :)

Again ... thanks for the invitation Sister ... :love:

:heart:

Destee

8. Bootzey

United States
    Don't Ask
    Ratings:
    +862
    Anytime

9. Ionlyspeaktruth

Ionlyspeaktruth Banned

Ratings:
    +6
    bootzey and destee....

nary one of you all can cook.:nono: not an egg sammich. just 2 pretty faces thats all!:SuN016::run::run::run:

10. asimplepoet

asimplepoet Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +229
    lol A sister can really burn when I want to and what couldn't live without is my favorite skillet and lowery's season salt because it goes on almost anything.