Black Relationships : I need....

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by Ralfa'il, Apr 8, 2005.

1. Ralfa'il

Ralfa'il Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +16
    a woman who needs me.

I'm sorry....

But if you're a strong independant woman, I have no need for you.

2. Pharaoh Jahil

Pharaoh Jahil Well-Known Member MEMBER

College Student
    Ratings:
    +25

I totally agree.

And most of the time those be the same ones who wonder why they can't find a good man.

Peace.....

3. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    Some men feel that way brotha. A big reason is that strong, independant women have the attitude as if they're doing you such a big favor by giving you their time. They walk around like they can care less if you're there or not, and constantly remind you how independant they are. That's a big turn off. If they are so strong and independant, why are they wasting time dating a useless man. I also have no need for these women. :welldone:

4. Nisa

Nisa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    Me and a male friend of mine..had a good conversation stemming from this..women are using independence out of context..if a man is not needed..why are they going to stick around..women yelling they need a good man..apparently through your actions you dont want/need him...

5. Nisa

Nisa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    I mean yes..be independent to take care of yourself financially, spiritually,mentally,emotionally..all of that..before..during and after a mate..thats what independent means..in a relationship be..interdependent..where you need and take care of each other as well..

6. triniti424

triniti424 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Singapore
    Servant of the People
    Ratings:
    +131
    :look: hmmmmmmm

:hearthis: desssssssssssteeeeeeeeeeeeee QQ lolol

Sister ummmm I fink some of our famlee need dat personals forum lolol

I thought brotha Ralfa'il was askin for a cup of suga

cause i was gon borrow some from you to give to him :laugh:

7. Akilah

Akilah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Scheduling Coordinator for large Health System
    Ratings:
    +36
    It takes a strong independent :lift: Blak Brutha to appreciate and love a strong independent Blak Sistah... ain't nuthin' wrong wit it...

It's all good !!!! :couple:

8. Ralfa'il

Ralfa'il Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +16

PJ & Kente

You know....?

I need a woman that COMPLIMENTS me not COMPETES with me in strength and endurance.

Nisa

I agree totally that many women are using the word "independant" out of contexts.

Ofcourse if would be foolish to put all your faith in a man or anybody else in todays society where few know the meaning of loyalty.

Some think that being dependant on a man means they are "slaves" to him.

I don't mean "need me" in the sense of you looking at me as a walking VENTILATOR you needs to hold on to for dear life;

I meant that emotionally and spiritually you need my presence to feel whole...like I would need your presence to feel complete and fulfilled.

Triniti

Oh shhhhhnap!

I didn't mean for this post to look like a personal ad.

When I said I "needed" a woman who needs me I was stating my TYPE or PREFERENCE as opposed to the usual strong sista type so many bruthaz claim to want.

9. Ledda

Ledda Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    I think of myself as a strong independent woman as to having a career, being educated, having the ability to make difficult decisions and overcome stressful and life altering situations. Yes I can pay my bills on my own and raise my own children, but I need the support and love of my husband. He would always be the "man of the house" and his opinions are valuable to me. I don't need him on a financial level, and many women stay in bad relationships or marriages because they feel they can't support themselvs and their children without the man. Many women are divorced by their husband left withthe fear of wondering how they are going to support themselves without him on top of the emotional pain they're experiencing. What if the man were to die? So I think that all women should be able to support themselves if something like that should arise, or at least know how to support themselves and stand on their own two feet. A lot of men want a woman who can bring something to the table too, with more and more household needing two or more incomes to survive. I still need a man on an emotional level. Someone to share my life, dreams, and future with.

10. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,733
    i ONLY deal with strong, independent women.
    anything less and i'd run over them like a subway train.