destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Hello Everyone,

If you don't know, one of our members, KRYizar, has been banned from this board. Banned because "I" think his poetry has been too offensive. KRY and I have gone back and forth about this, the bottomline being that it's him and he's not going to promise to change for me.

I wanna be fair. This community is not just about Destee and what she feels. It's about all of us. KRY says that when he posts this same type of poetry in other places, people consider it funny and not offensive.

Funny or offensive, it is KRY's flow. So I'm leaving it up to you all.

If you say let KRY post here then I'll let him back.

If you say he should not be allowed to post, then I won't.

KRY is aware of this request and we both are waiting for your vote.
Majority Rules.

Thanks,

Destee and KRY

This thread will be closed on Monday, 03/05/01 @ 6 pm ET

Well I've read some of his stuff...Didn't seem funny, but if that's his flow that's his flow. Although in some circles he is able to express himself in this manner, some boards do have their own set of rules that we must adhere to. He could have toned it down...Now I know I get a little raw at times, but everything can't go on the page, at least not everything in my mind ;) It's up to the discretion of the Mistress of the Page. I think you were fair, you gave him ample warning, yet he blatently refused to adhere to your rules that you set up. If this was a job he'd be fired. We all signed up according to the rules you set in motion. But hey who am I?

Watcher

Has KRY violated your personal rules or the boards standing rules? I feel that he as well as the rest of us should be given a chance to express ourselves. If for any reason any of us violate the board rules then you should do as you must and we should expect your ruling. Personally, I don't make it a habit to keep reading the works of artist who don't appeal to me.

Ms. Destee, if you feel that he is bothering you, then ignore him if you can. If others are complaining about his work to you then censure him if you must, but I say that goes to all of us not just to KRY. I think we all need to read the board rules again to make sure we stay in good standings with the entire community.

That's just my opinion.

Destee Discussion Forum Rules

Everyone agrees to the following prior to Membership:

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please press the Agree button at the end of the page. Note: By pressing the button you declare that you are over the age of 13. If you are 13 or under, please use this registration form.

Although the administrators and moderators of Destee Discussion Forum will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Destee Discussion Forum or Jelsoft Enterprises Limited (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By clicking the Agree button, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of Destee Discussion Forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

End of Rules

While I know I have the right to remove, edit, etc., ... we are a Community and your opinion counts. Again, the majority will rule.

I know too that trying to censor a poet's flow is almost a sin in and of itself, so I'm sorta kinda betwixt and between here. Looking for you all to help me.

Thanks,

Destee

I have a problem with Kry because of his lack of respect for you Des, that hurts me because you're sweet as pie.
I think most of his posts are more offensive than funny.I know we talk about a wide range of things in here.
I don' hate Kry, but I feel like he's trying to gain attention,or mabey this is a Kry for help.I think we all
agre that something has to be done.You must have respect Destee, and should not have to constantly ask a grown person to behave.I support whatever decision You make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back