Black Children : I need some advice

BallOfConfusion

REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 23, 2006
Shine some light on my situation if you can. Ok so here is my dilemma, I've had this friendship for two years now & lately I feel like this person is pulling away from me. I really like them, and I don't have many friends so I try to do everything can to stay connected to the ones I have. I try going the extra mile to reach out and make sure are friendship doesn't dwindle but nothing I do helps.I don't wanna be over-bearing and annoying. I seen this one tyler perry play; were he says "if someones trying to get out of your life let them go" Good advice - I've tried it but I can't. So what should I do. Talk to em...yea?? I love to sit down and have a talk with this person but they never have time for me. I see him very sporadically just in passing & to me it always seems like... i don't know like something is missing. He always looks sad and distant toward me. I think I'm starting to realize just cause you've been friends for a long time doesn't mean you'll be friends forever.

tell the person how you feel. after that, let it go

BallOfConfusion said:
Shine some light on my situation if you can. Ok so here is my dilemma, I've had this friendship for two years now & lately I feel like this person is pulling away from me. I really like them, and I don't have many friends so I try to do everything can to stay connected to the ones I have. I try going the extra mile to reach out and make sure are friendship doesn't dwindle but nothing I do helps.I don't wanna be over-bearing and annoying. I seen this one tyler perry play; were he says "if someones trying to get out of your life let them go" Good advice - I've tried it but I can't. So what should I do. Talk to em...yea?? I love to sit down and have a talk with this person but they never have time for me. I see him very sporadically just in passing & to me it always seems like... i don't know like something is missing. He always looks sad and distant toward me. I think I'm starting to realize just cause you've been friends for a long time doesn't mean you'll be friends forever.
friendships have a beginning, a middle and an end. itz a natural flow. if you cannot let go of the old you will have no hand free to grasp the new.

in addition - I think most of us know what it is like to have someone making too much of an effort and you're just not feeling it. Hanging with someone like that could become more an obligation, than a joy - which isnt good for either party.

Let the friend go if the relationship is not a 2 way street - dont sell your value short - and be true - to you. You know it's imbalanced, thus your question - so stop it, right now. It wont get better if only one of you is trying.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back