Food Discussion : I Need Help!!!!

Discussion in 'Food Discussion and Recipes' started by Jahari Kavi, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Jahari Kavi

Jahari Kavi Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Self Development
    Ratings:
    +523
    I've been on a fish diet since around January, and I've been enjoying it thus far. I don't like eating any other meats, because I've grown fearful of all the additives. I have confidence in myself when it comes to making a commitment to my diet, but recently I've been having trouble shaking urges for junk food. What are some things I can do to stop these cravings????

2. Bootzey

Bootzey Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Don't Ask
    Ratings:
    +862
    You can rig your cravings according to your diet. Meaning, use your current diet to makeover the food that you crave. Example: Every now and then I want ribs. But I'm a vegetarian. So I will get the soy version. Try that with your eating program.

3. Jazzytude

Jazzytude Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +8
    Healthy Junk Food

Well na let's see, get you some honey, natural nuts( to your liken of course), sweet potatoes sliced thin or thick and baked, cinimum...lol, plankton, dates, oats......from here it's where ever your imagination takes you.

Peace

4. Edward Williams

Edward Williams Well-Known Member MEMBER

Produce Justice
    Ratings:
    +58
    Eat fruit or nuts instead. I've been only eating fish as the sole meat in my diet for 27 years. Dropped dairy 18 years ago.

It is all a matter of re-training your mind. Your body will follow. At first eating nuts in place of a Snickers bar ain't gonna taste good. You gotta know that is going to be the case "right off the muscle"...like the youngsters say. Children arrange their perception of what is best for them to support their emotions or desires. On the way to adulthood, people gain the understanding that what is best for them is top priority and they have to get their emotions and/or desires to support their idea of what is best for them. This means you're gonna hafta retrain your desires by retraining your mind...how you think about things, why those things are important...what is the result or effect...etc.

It takes time. It took a while for you to get where you are now so the retraining is gonna take time too. That's "straight off the muscle".