Khasm13 : i need help...

Discussion in 'Khasm13' started by Khasm13, Jan 28, 2005.

1. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    i need help...

cause with all the people in my life...i find it's hard to trust
    back when my metal hand was extended...the elements turned it to rust
    my heart and tru feelings were lifted....then blown away by a strong stale gust
    and my living liquid soul was tainted...tarnished, then solidified by a hard man made outer crust...

i need help...

cause i dislike working for someone else...making them loot
    having to go to bs meetings....dressed in expensive suits
    when i would rather spend my money on something else...like some timberland boots
    and spend my time somewhere else...like at the crib, making funky music loops...

i need help...

cause i'm starting to believe...that tru love is for the birds
    had it uttered to me many times...wrapped up in meaninless words
    actions spoke a lot louder...while i spun out around slick curves
    now i'm forced to drive a lot slower...and move from the city to the suburbs...

i need help...
    and i'm wondering if it will ever arrive...

2. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    I like this one. I think it has a strong theme of despair, yet at the same time, it shows a person caught in the middle. It is as if the person is afraid to let go of the things that are hindering him. Maybe if that person let go, they would be free or would they be back to square with no resources?

3. 1poetsought

1poetsought Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Poet
    Ratings:
    +604
    SOS

First, I'd like to commend Bro. Khasm on the critique concept. It should change the neighborhood for the better (in short order). One suggestion though, in the interest of fair and unbiased feedback, make no reference to anyone else's critique.

Now, concerning: " I NEED HELP " :drums:

The Title:

Straightforward. Appeals to the vulnerability of the central character.

The Poem:

I find it ironic that at the very outset, the reader has the complete trust of the speaker, while the topic/ish. is all about mistrust . I LIKE THAT

Next, the reference to metal as it relates to elements of both human fraility and trust, is in my opinion, "PURE GENIUS"

2nd Stanza:

This is my favorite stanza because it expresses something that I so readily identify with i.e. INDIVIDUALITY

At this point the poet/author and central character have all captured my attention.

The Finale:

In conclusion I find that the poem is ((BRILLIANT)), as is much of the author's work. The poem could have benefited from a less passive close in my opinion. All in all though, "THE KID" can write, and has unlimited potential. ~

Peace

4. queentswana

queentswana Well-Known Member MEMBER

day care provider (own business)
    Ratings:
    +161
    This peice really spoke of life changes to me. It spoke of a search and insecurity in life concerning those around you. It also speaks of dreams and yet at the same time,, a vulnerability that cries out. I loved the work.

In the reading style of it, I do have a question. When you write and intend a pause which is designated by a comma, does your use of the three.... dots...designate that you intend the pause to be longer than normal? I ask this as a means of trying to grasp the tempo, pace or rhythem that you want the reader to feel or sense.

5. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    manasiac...thank you for your opinions on this piece...your advice is always welcome here...

1poetsought...wow...you were thinking the same thing i was on this piece...that it could have ended on a higher note...word...ima re-write the e nding to see how it looks...thanks a mil son...

qt....thanks sista for the deep look...when i use a comma, which is very seldom in my poetry...it's a brief pause...but when i use the three periods...it's a longer pause...like taking a breath...i hope that clears it up...

let's get our growth on fam...don't be skurred...:lol:
    one love
    khasm

6. triniti424

triniti424 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Singapore
    Servant of the People
    Ratings:
    +131
    lol @ dont be skurred smh aint no one skurred of yo big head smh lol

otay :read:

The simplicity of the title gives me the sense that the answer to your "help" is also simple. Then for me it read as if in each stanza was addressing a different aspect of your life.

In the first one... I could see you addressing the personal relationships you have had and do have in your life...and weighing the past pain so as to avoid and future failures that may be to come.
    I found it interesting that you alluded your resulting soul to "crust" as oppose to something so deadened it can simply crumble to pieces.

In the second...you address your current day to day deal. It reeks of "trapped" but not neccsarrily because you want it to be or that you dont have any choice...
    its like you know you want to do and be "somewhere" you just havent found that place yet

last stanza...read like a personal reflection of your own search for happiness.
    I gather that you are well aware of the changes needed and necessary in your life and in your last line I feel like you already know smh
    IMHO brotha khasm...you touch on these aspects a lot..but its not often that you put your own prospective solutions out there. I wonder... what purpose you had in writing this. Was it simply to get your frustrations out? or...do you really want that "help" because after I read this...I cant help but think...somewhere inside that head of yours...you already know.

7. MzBlkAngel

MzBlkAngel Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +219
    Hey Khasm

You are one of my favorite poets, I don’t know if my little stuff gone count.
    But here goes something.

This poem to me talks about life in your eyes dealing with people day to day
    Working, striving, and lost hope of love, thoughts rambling, and just wondering emotions. Just trying to live day to day.

I like how it ends, its like lost thoughts that cant be answered but thought on whats to come...but thas me I enjoyed this scribe alot. You are one of the poets that can take me on a poetic ride and have me in thought after I am done reading you. Love your style.

:climb:

Peace
    Angel

8. moham

moham Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +16
    hi khasm,

I read your reply. You know that I'm a member of this site for more then a year now and I never paid attention to this forum, not on purpose though.
    " I just missed it" (shame shame shame) and it's so stupid, cause I needed/need a lot of help writing my poems and I have nobody really to give me constructive criticism.

So thanks for showing me to this critique forum.

Btw I was wondering what you tried to express with your poem "death blow"?

gr
    moham :)

9. moham

moham Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +16
    Hi :)

I was thinking let me start with responding to this piece.
    I read the whole piece and these are my remarks.

The feeling I got from reading the first part (' cause with...outer crust') was vulnerability and the need to protect oneself, maybe (probably) because of deceit and hurt.

Reading the second part ('cause I...music loops') I got the feeling of a person who is dissatisfied with his/hers current situation and feels restrained from following his dream. But then I wonder why does he need help when he is the only one who can change the situation ?

Third part: a disillusioned person. Someone who doesn't believe in love anymore.

If I'm truly honest I must say that I like all of the parts. I think a lot of people could relate to and feel you. But there's one thing. The title just didn't catch me and the last part either ('I need...ever arrive').

K, that's all. I liked death blow alot, I hope you post that one.

gr moham :)

10. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    sister triniti...you know me so well...wow...yeah, my purpose for writing this was strickly venting purposes. i've found that if i keep emotions bottled inside of me, it ferments and sows a seed of discontent. so from time to time i let off some steam...poetry is good to me this way...that is a simple simon title...smh...thanks for point that out to me...and as always, thank you for your wisdom...btw, when are you gonna drop a piece up in here with yo sasquatch head self? hmmmm? :wink: :lol:

thanks mba...yeah i was rambling on this piece...i do that a lot unfortunately...sometimes it's hard for me to focus on one point and exploit it to it's fullest...thanks for the kinds words...:)

moham...this forum is new...it was created last week so you didn't miss anything sis ;)...i'm going to move deathblow over here because i do want a chance to explain where i was come'n from and get so tips on how to better it...now to your critique...i know that title was wack...i couldn't think of a better one at the time...ah well, you can't win them all...also, at the end...i know i sounded desperate...i tried to link it to the title....but since the title was wack, so was the ending...thanks for taking the time to read this pitiful piece sista....smh

one love
    khasm