Black People : I need help with an advocacy group I'm starting.

Some do. Certainly, law and philosophy do.
The rest are more mental, mathematical, strategic, and tactical.

Bro CULTURE is in the mind! Not understanding that is the essence of our problem. Culture in a nutshell is how a people collectively see the world (worldview), how they adapt to their environment, their inventions and creations that protect and sustain them, and give life meaning! CULTURE IS A POWER CONSTRUCT! Every people in the world knows that but "black americans". And that is why we are dominated by the last and smallest group of people to come into existence! Europeans! :mad:

I can concede this.

Beyond the culture is survival and facing reality of how the world works.
Learn to use the system to your benefit rather than being crushed by it.

Sans culture, a person can still do financial planning as well as money management. That is mathematics and works independent of any culture.

I agree with your first statement, but disagree with the second one. It seems you refuse to accept the fact that EVERYTHING flows from CULTURE! Especially economics. Read Bro Amos Wilson, and see where he states that every great culture (civilization) rested on an economic system. Ancient Kemet (Egypt) is a very good example from which we can learn a lot. And it existed long before capitalism, a very recent and evil development, was imposed on the world! ;)

The things I want to help with are too broad. Education, outdoor safety, anti-self stereotyping, wealth, childcare, health etc. I don't know what to call my group. I can't call it "The Everything Wrong in the Black Community" group. Can you guys help? Am I spreading myself too thin? Should I focus on just one or two things and then get the other things later?

Take five categories, develop a program abstract for each category and then develop a mission statement which is a summation of the five categories, then develop one principle aim and objective for each. If this is a non profit then select the best type based in your mission statement. I will give more input provided you do as suggested.

Peace.

Thank you Omowale. :)

Bro CULTURE is in the mind! Not understanding that is the essence of our problem. Culture in a nutshell is how a people collectively see the world (worldview), how they adapt to their environment, their inventions and creations that protect and sustain them, and give life meaning! CULTURE IS A POWER CONSTRUCT! Every people in the world knows that but "black americans". And that is why we are dominated by the last and smallest group of people to come into existence! Europeans! :mad:

How do you explain the Black people who still live in poor countries with the same culture you say we should learn about?

Mathematics is universal and independent of any culture.
Principles and mechanics of physics are independent of any culture.

So why did the ancient Egyptians have to invent them before any other? Why didn't every race, nationality, etc., come up with Math and physics on it's own?

Economics rests on exchange of goods, services, and commodities which is independent of culture.

Economics in its purest sense, such as outlined, exists within every species of animal, usually a cooperative type of economics as like "no man is an island," neither is any animal. Human economics, however, is dependent upon "systems" to determine how those goods, services, and commodities are "exchanged." Capitalism came out of European culture. Communalism came out of African culture. The methods for exchanging goods, etc., came out of the cultures of the respective peoples.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back