Black Poetry : I need a blessing (Part One)

Virgil thanks for sharing.

" Came up with my own rule by which to abide. "

Let go and trust. Without faith. What can a man achieve.
Tomorrow isn't promised. Only death is sure.

" Not knowing that the thoughts that reside, would slowly be the cause of my demise. "

See you have an idea that your fog is related to the rose colored glasses.

" You couldn’t know my troubles.
All I know is struggle. "

Your correct. But Since you lived another day. It is an opportunity to make a difference. What is your plan? Now I lay me down to sleep. I pray the lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake. I pray the lord my soul to take. Amen.

So as you travel. Didn't you know you were being carried. Look again. Those aren't your foot prints in the sand.

" If you saw things the way I see them, your stress would double. "

We all get stessed. But I have had blessings come in my waking hour. In my sleeping hours. At the last minute. I have and never loose my faith in GOD. He is always with us. Give it up, your yoke you bear. Guilt is just as heavy.

" Sometimes I wonder how it is I mentally survive."

Well were glad you did. Close your eyes. Meditate. Be quiet. Listen to the noise of silence. Can you feel the change coming over you. When you open your eyes again. Peace be still.

" Maybe somewhere deep inside I have a constant drive."
"It must be what’s inside of me that keeps me going on. "

Your not finished here yet. He is not finished with you.

" I knew the love once in my heart couldn’t stay gone.
So many times I think I got it. "

Love may take a back seat from time to time. Don't look for it. It sneaks in and takes over when you least expects it.
=================

Be Patient, I'm still growing

We have two ears, so we can hear twice as much.
We have two eyes so we can see twice as good.
We have one mouth.
So keep it shut twice as long...
as any of the others.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back