Black People : I MUST think like YOU, or I'm doomed on this forum.

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Ronnie J, May 13, 2015.

1. Ronnie J

Ronnie J Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +10
    It seems on this forum, if you're black, you MUST go along with "group think" and so called "black thinking" or else you're subject to false ratings as it relates to your replies?

I'm sorry, but I don't think like that. Nor am I one of those blacks that thinks "white folks are the enemy".

My post was not offensive nor insulting. I don't care if one disagrees but let's not take it personal and give a false rating. That's immature and childish. I stated my opinion on the matter. I never said my opinion means it's a fact to be agreed with. People that personalize disagreement are the very people that are easily offended.

I'm sorry I donated to this forum to be honest. I posted my view on a topic and I get a false rating, already? I supported and quickly became a Premium member on this forum because I believe in what it's doing.

This is unfortunate. It appears I'll not be a member for too long.

It's certainly not my loss.

Read the 2nd post in the thread:

https://destee.com/index.php?thread...nancial-institutions-video.83230/#post-919491

• Like Like x 2
    • False False x 1
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
    • List
  2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,731
    homey.....you get one person dis agreement and you ready to bail? really?
    do like i do. put that sucker on 'ignore'.

i spent 45 years in corporate. you gotta have a thicker skin than you b showing.
    in any case, good luck.....Jonathan

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    Hi Ronnie J ... thanks for posting this in a thread.

As promised I'll address all of your concerns. If I skip anything let me know.

What evidence do you have that you "MUST" think like others? How are you defining "MUST"?

It might "seem" like you "MUST" but you surely don't gotta.

The ratings system is a new feature that everyone gets to share in. No one has to like how another one rates their post. Even I have negative ratings. You're not the first that has complained about this relatively new feature but all of us are subject to it equally. The fact that one may disagree with our opinion shouldn't get us all in a fluster. It's life and it happens to the best of us ... :mirror:

If you'd like a refund I'd be willing to give it to you.

I read the post, it's interesting. I appreciate you sharing it.

Some will agree and some will disagree ... you sorta gotta be able to handle that to enjoy this place.

If you have more questions or want that refund, let me know.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

4. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    I'm sorry you feel this way brutha.

On this forum, the only way you won't be a member for too long is if you stop coming, or you intentionally, and consistently break the rules. As for the ratings, it is what it is, look at my negative rating. 99.9 percent of those were put there by one person that use that particular rating just for the sake of using it. He abused it when members didn't attune to his point of view. If I understand you correctly, you are looking for a board that is perfect, and that will operate how you think it should, and if not, it's not worth your support.

If that is the case, I don't agree with that, and this is why.

How many businesses have you had a bad experience with, but continue to show your support by patronizing them? But here you have something that was created for you to grow, and help other grow and you're willing abandon it the first time you think some one is being unfair to you. You're new here so I won't bore you with details but just note that this is not the first time a member(s) has had a problem with our rating system. The last time folks thought that members were using the "like" function to be sarcastic and condescending.

Me personally, use of the rating function are positive ones, but everybody has the right to use which ever one they choose and not supply a reason with it.

Now, I'm going to appeal to your business side.

Do you think your actions is a microcosm of what blacks do to other blacks at the first sign of dissatisfaction? This behavior among is just one reason why there is no progression in things that are black owned. Black businesses can never fully succeed without the help of their own people. I read your post and I know you are a proponent of putting business first, and race second. That is well and good, but we are like no other, our plight in this country is like no other, and shouldn't be compared to any other race in this country.

In my opinion, it begins with us first. Once we begin to support one another, maybe we’ll begin to see more Oprahs and Cathy Hughes. In order for even more black people to succeed, black people must support each another. Instead of downgrading, 9LIke you have done) and begin to uplift one another and make a difference.

I just want to point out this one comment of yours:
    I'm sorry I donated to this forum to be honest.

I'm not doing it to rub it in your face, instead I would like for you to contemplate using it with every business, and hold them to the same standard as you're holding us to and not spend your money in their establishment anymore. If you're honest, you will see that you give whites more leeway than you do your own.

I think you have useful information that members can glean from. But the choice is your.
    The best thing to do is be yourself, and speak your mind.
    Much Respect!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    brother to say you hate you support us really say a lot
    do you hate to support those stores where you can be treated just the same as here
    but lot worse but you continue to give your dollars , I respect what ever way you choose
    the choice is yours as well as your views/ what you share and think, this what makes
    us as a people so unique .....we don't agree on lots of things and we will never be the
    yes people that agree on everything really that little neg view that someone gave will happen again
    as well you will get many likes/agrees and love on posts /views/ it's all how you relate your skin
    have to be tough, not that I can't take it he/she gave me a slap ........you have to look at the overall
    and trust me the same thing you talking about here , you will give someone the same when you
    cross a post you feel wrong/ not true or right and disagree with you will give a Neg hit......

Man surely to say it's not your lost, well I disagree you will lose out on a lot of great things we share
    for nearly 20years we been up going strong and with or without we will continue on !
    what you gave to be a supporter to this community we truly thankful but most of all
    we thankful for you as a person a man one of our brothers and not a yes man or agree to fit in
    be you and do you and we respect that!!!

6. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    wet tissue is easily broken...

one love
    khasm

• Like Like x 3
    • Love It Love It x 2
    • List
  7. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043

8. Orisons

Orisons Well-Known Member MEMBER

United Kingdom
    Mechanical Designer/Project Manager
    Ratings:
    +599
    [QUOTE="Ronnie J, post: 919520, member: 55656" It seems on this forum, if you're black, you MUST go along with "group think" and so called "black thinking" or else you're subject to false ratings as it relates to your replies?

I'm sorry, but I don't think like that. Nor am I one of those blacks that thinks "white folks are the enemy".

My post was not offensive nor insulting. I don't care if one disagrees but let's not take it personal and give a false rating. That's immature and childish. I stated my opinion on the matter. I never said my opinion means it's a fact to be agreed with. People that personalize disagreement are the very people that are easily offended.

I'm sorry I donated to this forum to be honest. I posted my view on a topic and I get a false rating, already? I supported and quickly became a Premium member on this forum because I believe in what it's doing.

This is unfortunate. It appears I'll not be a member for too long.

It's certainly not my loss.

Read the 2nd post in the thread:

https://destee.com/index.php?thread...nancial-institutions-video.83230/#post-919491/QUOTE]
    [QUOTE="Ronnie J, post: 919491, member: 55656" The mistake being made is the focus on "black banks" as opposed to banks that happened to be owned by blacks.

Blacks should focus on profits first, race second, as it relates to starting and building strong institutions. Asians and Arabs open up "mom and pop" stores in black communities.

I'm 100% sure that they're not concerned about Asians and Arabs supporting them as it relates to those "mom and pop" businesses . The focus is on the profits FIRST, than on community.

Strong economics(other than death) is the ultimate equalizer. The black community needs to direct it's attention on mainstream economics and not be limited to just "black business".

If blacks were to focus on creating businesses of excellence, businesses that are mainstream focused and businesses that focus on profits as opposed to getting support from blacks "just because", opportunities will be far and wide.

Excellence cannot be denied. It's bad for capitalism. Look at the NBA. The best players(Excellence) are black. Had the NBA never allowed blacks to play, the NBA would not be the NBA it is today, all of which is VERY profitable.

Simply not allowing the best of the best to play, is bad for business(economic death). Excellence will NEVER be denied. The cream rises to the top!

Focus on Excellence, not on race. We are not victims. /QUOTE]

I can’t be specific for the USA but I KNOW that here in the UK all the other ethnic groups businesses generally, the Indians, Chinese and Semites/Jews and Arabs specifically employ as standard their own people [usually at least 90%], don’t they do the same in the USA, in stark contrast to the difficulties I’ve experienced with some of our businessmen and skilled people with regard to doing ANYTHING for our community?

Isn’t ANYONE who genuinely believes they are not programmed
    graphically illustrating that their programming is COMPLETE?

9. Orisons

Orisons Well-Known Member MEMBER

United Kingdom
    Mechanical Designer/Project Manager
    Ratings:
    +599
    [QUOTE="Ronnie J, post: 919491, member: 55656" The mistake being made is the focus on "black banks" as opposed to banks that happened to be owned by blacks.

Blacks should focus on profits first, race second, as it relates to starting and building strong institutions. Asians and Arabs open up "mom and pop" stores in black communities.

I'm 100% sure that they're not concerned about Asians and Arabs supporting them as it relates to those "mom and pop" businesses . The focus is on the profits FIRST, than on community.

Strong economics(other than death) is the ultimate equalizer. The black community needs to direct it's attention on mainstream economics and not be limited to just "black business".

If blacks were to focus on creating businesses of excellence, businesses that are mainstream focused and businesses that focus on profits as opposed to getting support from blacks "just because", opportunities will be far and wide.

Excellence cannot be denied. It's bad for capitalism. Look at the NBA. The best players(Excellence) are black. Had the NBA never allowed blacks to play, the NBA would not be the NBA it is today, all of which is VERY profitable.

Simply not allowing the best of the best to play, is bad for business(economic death). Excellence will NEVER be denied. The cream rises to the top!

Focus on Excellence, not on race. We are not victims. /QUOTE]

Anyway, Ronnie J, aren’t political ideologies very passé/DEAD in the 21st century or haven’t you ALL noticed/noted the manner in which allegedly communist China is currently the most efficiently CAPITALIST economy in the world [despite having a slowing economic growth rate of 7% as opposed to the difficulty the USA/UK most of the West are having getting their economic growth up to even anywhere near 1%] with the UK and USA’s so inept execution of capitalism creating record breaking fiscal deficits between imports to exports with the USA actually STILL owing China trillions of dollars TODAY?

What about the so pragmatic manner in which as opposed to executing capitalism in Hong Kong when they regained political control in 1997, China’s Communist party/Government have subsequently utilized it as an economic template for their Super Cities on the mainland [hence the so phenomenal growth since then which has eased the so huge burden of feeding 1400 million people; placed China on the cusp of becoming the No.1 financial Super Power of the 21st century] apart from retaining state ownership/control of the banks?

Japan’s capitalism distributes wealth/behaves with far more social responsibility than most European countries, with India close to matching China’s economic growth utilizing a far more rampant free market/world’s most populous democracy model; along with Russia’s oligarchs steadily being either reeled in or crushed by Vladimir Putin, does the political ideology really matter in the 21st century, as South Korea vies with Japan for the most technologically advanced country on the plan et position, along with Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia and the Philippines attempting to fully industrialize/join the party too [move their countries forward intelligently]?

In fact isn’t it truly bizarre that China is so efficiently locked in to capitalism [who would have envisioned that scenario even 20 years ago] that they have no vested interest in undermining any of the industrialized countries of the West in general, the USA specifically as China’s growth has been based on the goods exported to the rest of the World, which along with the USA owing them trillions of dollars underlines the economic grief for China if the trillions of dollars China has stockpiled, became worthless [why they are fanning out worldwide utilizing those dollars to acquire strategically vital assets/can/are literally buying as opposed to militarily subjugating Africa TODAY]?

Even more unbelievably strange/MAD, is our ongoing acceptance/truly devout support as people of African ethnicity of the current status quo or are you all truly unaware of the fact that ALL over the World including Africa, Europeans still LEGALLY own allegedly; all the land and resources they acquired during the looting, pillaging, RAPE of this planet in general, of OUR continent [Africa] in particular that Colonialism and Apartheid sanctioned as the norm [in fact aren’t THEY making the same play again with their WAR ON TERROR] as opposed to the longest list of unacknowledged unpunished Human Rights violations/CRIMES in human history?

Isn’t ANYONE who genuinely believes they are not programmed
    graphically illustrating that their programming is COMPLETE?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    Don't sweat the "small" stuff

Some don't desire engaging in intellectual exchanges "all the time"... so they may tend to resort to the "easy buttons" and not respond as to why they did (have opinions on that which will keep to myself for now).

A bit "disappointing", yes, but there are a plethora of characters on the internet that have their own thing.
    At the moment, we are a collective of "black persons", not yet a people.

Thus is the struggle, attempting to maintain a sense of togetherness, without becoming enraged about the small disappointments from the high expectations we see in others.

Criticism is the best medicine for a troll, cynic, agitator, hypocrite, or anyone that seemingly is "off-base" when it comes to something you or anyone else may consider reasonable thinking.

Can't count how many times online I have encountered pro-black/anti-white hypocrites, or wanna be scholars that are copy/paste bandits. After awhile, observing and engaging can offer a better understanding of what online communication is... a virtual existence in which one doesn't recognize the chess/checkers games being played.

The point one presented about black businesses becoming excellent was a decent representation, which seemingly expressed one's thought of if majority "white owners" hire the best qualified, or "EXCELLENT" as you say, "black athletes" in the NBA, then there should be no issue translating that "EXCELLENT" marketing value into "black" business ownership.

If this is what one was attempting to present, defend it... don't allow a naysayer, that doesn't really naysay, to take away from your new experience.

Though it is kind of rough to have to experience something "negative" so soon, it is what it is.

Maybe one could ask why they think the way they think, instead of just clicking on a button (which is their option, to choose to engage without expressing their thoughts through words), but can't throw the baby out with the bathwater... if anything, take the baby out and ignore the water that may offend, let the next person along throw it out if they so desire.

On that note, you may be already gone, but if not... laugh it off.

Only time I can remember clicking on the dislike (or other negative buttons) button without adding comments to explain the reasoning behind it, was because I was messing with someone on here, in fun.
    I eventually did respond with reasoning behind the "negative button", but typically do not care for them, again for reasons that I may disclose later.

Hospitality is hospitality, and if one didn't feel as if they were treated in a hospitable manner, not sure if anyone can really debate it.

And to some extent reading through some comments, it was almost as if the energy was "good riddance" and "if you don't support us, you support whitey".

This baffles me, but not really, as the internet characteristics usually imitate social dynamics, which is baffling as well.

Will start a "black owned business network" thread, and see how many engage in adding and building it.
    But we shall see.

There is a thread that Kemetstry created, 5 LARGE BLACK OWNED COMPANIES.

Use this as a focus and don't worry about the detractors.

One day, your "black" owned company may be employing their children, and children's children, and that puny little "dislike" button would be nothing to concern yourself with.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love It Love It x 1
    • List