Black People : I must share this wit yall

MANASIAC

REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 10, 2004
ATL SHAWTY! Mr. Coli Park
Occupation
Technical Analyst
I am a High School speech Debate coach here in Florida. And something very fuggly just happened with one of my chirrenz today:

After paying about $1000 in fees for one of our students to go to Debate camp. Camp starts tommorrow and they are leaving tommorrow.

DO YOU KNOW THAT THE STUDENT IS SAYING THEY ARE AFRAID TO SIT AT A GREYHOUND BUS WITH A LAYOVER AND CANNOT GO.

We have just wasted $1000 :-(

Lawd, Lawd, Lawd.....

I feel you MAN

Hey Man. Did you and your committee involve the student, and his/her parent first hand? In how you were going to get the child to the Camp.

What other mode of transportation were discussed to get the student to the camp? Plane flight, train, driving there by car?

Where was the Camp being held? Give us more detail on the layover. In what city and how long was the layover? This weekend ( Fathers Day ) the layover scheduled isn't the layover you get. Have you ever been stranded in a bus terminal over night? It can happen. It can be dangerous. It is weird. :weird: I rode greyhound many times in the past. Today taking the greyhound bus is like russian roulette. I won't play anymore in that game. Something didn't feel right to this student. Respect that.

Your loss is a financial write off. You can recover the funds! Our tax system allow you to recover that loss during your tax filing. ( any loss, not gambling or Illegal can be deducted on your 1040. Business loss, personal loss, stolen property loss to a degree, and loans, or bad debt loss )

If you have any concerns or trouble doing so let me know. I'll first tell you you need a better tax preparer and advisor. Mine was a Ex IRS agent. I miss his knowledge and the cash he brung.

My new group takes care of me, but they don't come to my home like he did and drink a cup of coffee :coffee: with me and let me pick his brain. I came up with many what if's.. and he would tell me how to get it done.

Challenge the bus line's policy in small claims court. ( No one can take financial gain, without earning it thru due service ) You may win. On the grounds that the trip was never taken. If not then it is truly a loss to be recovered thru tax law. If you need any more info lets chat. You and I can continue to brainstorm your options from there. There are many ways to skin a cat!

Never sweat the small stuff.

Respect the childs wishes. Fears, and concerns.

I think this child has not only a gift of Debate skills and
being able to express him/her self.

This child has inner wisdom. To feel what ever, and if it's uncomfortable.

Say so.

Much respect for that child.

Let him/her know everything is OK and you can recover from the loss. Then get busy with them doing what you do best. Coaching.

As adults, teachers, parents we fail to ask the child or our childen how they feel, what they may need and how would they like this/that to be done or approached. taking into consideration their choice from the options available. I see it in parents all te time signing their children up for classes, sports etc. Believing these things are good for the student and child. They are No question about it. But, the child may go along or participate out of respect and desire to please, grow and learn. You know robot like cooperation. Never liking it, Never expressing it. Not really interested.

They trust the belief of the mentor or parent that this activity is good for them and they should participate. The teacher, adults, and parent take for GRANTED discussing things before hand with the children and students and often bypass involving them in the planning of things. Never take advantage or for granted any one of any age. Ask.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back