Black People : I may be in a lotta trouble right about now, but I don't know.

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Lady~Mahogany, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Lady~Mahogany

Lady~Mahogany Member MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +1
    I was leaving class today when I noticed that someone had parked their new Nissan very close to my car. I thought I could bag out without any trouble, but I was wrong. I bagged out too fast, and accidentally banged the rear bumper of their car and left a very noticeable scratch with a tiny dent. The damage wasn't terrible. The car wasn't totaled or anything, but let's just say the owners are probably VERY pissed right about now. Instead of leaving a note, I panicked and got embarrassed (there were people who saw it). So, I drove off. But, now I'm feeling extremely guilty and regretting that big time. What do you suggest I do? I MIGHT see the car again on Monday because that's the next time classes meet. I stress 'might' because I'm not totally sure if the person that drives the car works at the school, is a student there, or what.*

2. Light

Light Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +128
    First off you are a very bad person........

lol .... I am just kidding.....

You have done excellent, you have done what most people would never do....

That is confess to yourself that you are not perfect and you can accept it...

You have already solved your problem by understanding that you can panic and make mistakes but are able to realize the mistake and think about it....

When you see the person or the car leave a not and tell them that you panicked but you came back and that you apologize ... and that you are willing to have the situation taken care of....

That is what I would do

love and light to all...

3. Lady~Mahogany

Student
    Ratings:
    +1
    Okay, thank you. And I actually did come back a little while after it happened. But, they were gone; whoever it was. They probably didn't notice anything was wrong until much later anyway. But I still felt bad about just leaving without saying something. And what made me feel ten times worse was that other people saw it.

4. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    There are cameras there that saw the entire thing, speak to your insurer and your lawyer, and please understand that all posts here are visible on Google so they may be reading this right now

5. ru2religious

ru2religious Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,891
    Your absolutely correct -

If people saw what happened then there's always some g.i. joe who may feel the need to have taken down your license plate number. Don't be surprised if you have someone knocking at your door (insurance company) trying to get your insurance information.

Police are not usually called out for something small like unless someone say that you appeared to be drunk driving, but then again - I don't know what state your in so the laws can be difference.

As was suggested above - speak to your lawyer or insurance company and let them know what has happened so if there is any law involved they can see that you took the measures to report the incident on your own. It looks so much better in court like that.

If you don't have insurance you might want to go out and look for some today - like ASAP because they might be able to cover you if you don't tell them that you had a bumper bender WHICH will enable them to pay for any damages received.

Peace

Ru2religious

6. gogounited

gogounited Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +358
    Don't let anyone badger you into considering this as hit and run offense. No one was in the other vehicle, and you had no way of knowing who the owner is/was. If all else fails, leave a note on a memoboard at school with descriptions of the car and damage with your name and number, maybe someone who saw it knows the individual or their vehicle
    Cover your butt by calling your insurance and reporting the incident. Then, realize it's happened to the best of us, and is nothing to be ashamed or embarassed over. Sometimes in our youth, especially in such a superficial materialistic society, we make something trivial and miniscule into something monumental and relive the embarassment over and again, mixed with fear or whatever else emotion that was imprinted upon us during these type of incidents.

Do the necessary. Then smile, giggle at yourself and let it go, beautiful lady.

7. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    Dumb move

Um...that was a hit and run...

If I were you I'd write down your information (name, phone#, insurance, license...etc)...Hopefully you got car insurance.

The person my be grateful that you confessed to even after the fact. Or to be honest, might take you to small claims court.

Also, I think it's a felony if you do a hit and run (just saying LOL)

You got to do what is right...otherwise it will eat you up inside. Say something...what do you have to lose? Your license maybe...JK:10500:

AND IT IS A HIT AND RUN....You hit a car and you ran....DUUUUUH

Someone hit my car at the club and ran...they're license plate fell off and guess what....I called the cops...I didn't care how small amount of damage they did...it was the principle

8. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    Monday just go to the office and report it , you will be doing the right thing.

Give your info and if you see the car do put it on it......you might get by on it
    being honest is the key....Good Luck !

9. Kamau47

Kamau47 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    I'm sorry, but it wasn't my fault. The sun got into my eyes as I was trying to send a text message, as I was using the car phone. My foot slipped on one of the 4 empty whiskey bottles on the floor and I hit the gas instead of the break.

:bye:

10. Lady~Mahogany

Student
    Ratings:
    +1
    Huh...??