Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : I make my own shampoo and oil spritz refreshers for my loccs

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

Fieldpea

... Absolutely remarkable Fieldpea, keep up the good work. Okay now, its time to show us those locs, please post indiscriminately if camera shy, lol; but post up the locs, lol...

And, its time to think about marketing these products, if you haven't already... After-all, Madam C J Walker got it started and Fieldpea can put the finishing touches on it, for real... what say you?

Peace In,

Ah, @ Clyde Coger (and you, too @ dunwiddat)

First, no pics online from me, Brother Clyde. I don't post pics of myself online, ever. I don't mind telling my 'story', though--my journey to loccing, past and present--I'm even OK with providing a word descript of myself (what I look like, including what people have told me I look like, too); but, just as a matter of online policy/protection that I decided on from the first moment that I ever signed onto the net, I've held myself to that policy (even despite temptation, to)--like when Sister dunwiddat asked, and now since you've asked. But still, no pics of me.

(As an aside, this is why I've never participated actively in the most popular social media (like MySpace, Twitter and Facebook, too).

Just how I am when it's about the internet.

As for making and selling product? That's something I have kicked around in my head every now and then, but for now, all I've done is made very simple hand cremes for a few family members, and for a couple of my neighbors. I give to them for x-mas or when I notice that they 'might' be developing a problem with their skin.

I buy these really small plastic (yes, plastic), multi-colored, travel sized 'screw top' cosmetic jars (1 oz) sold at Walmart for 99 cents, or two for a dollar--sold in the miniature travel section--initially and primarily for my own use, but anyway... Using coconut oil as my carrier--I use 1-2 drops of essential oil blends (one each of patchouli, jasmine, lavender, or rose EO), plus I like to add a small dab of Bed and Bath Orange and Ginger hand/body lotion (great stuff), and I'll combine them right into one of these little screw top jars.

I liquify the coconut oil (bought from Walmart's cooking oil section), squeeze in a little bit of the orange/ginger lotion--it has a good, strong orange/ginger fragrance, and then I add 1 drop each from two of the EO's. Very simple process. Takes less that 5 minutes to make. As I continue to collect more EO's and carriers, I'll expand my blend options (except for the rose EO, which I will only make on request). I've found that even one drop of the rose EO is nearly impossible to blend without going wild with too many drops of any other EO (which is way too much EO in the end for such a small container). Still, I have a neighbor--this white lady--who LOVES rose EO by itself, so...I make her a hand creme without any other additives except for about a half tsp of Aloe Vera gel and coconut oil.

The recipes I presently make are actually modified recipes that I've found on Black napptural haircare sites, and more recently, including from ANY quality sites that teaches more more about the practical effects of carriers and eo's on napptural hair and skin of all people of color.

As I mentioned before, for now I've only been kicking around the idea of maybe a paying home business built around hair and skin care products done at home. My purpose, though, would be to *encourage/teach* a so-called customer how to do this kind of stuff themselves 'for themselves'.

One Love, and PEACE

Ah, @ Clyde Coger (and you, too @ dunwiddat)

First, no pics online from me, Brother Clyde. I don't post pics of myself online, ever. I don't mind telling my 'story', though--my journey to loccing, past and present--I'm even OK with providing a word descript of myself (what I look like, including what people have told me I look like, too); but, just as a matter of online policy/protection that I decided on from the first moment that I ever signed onto the net, I've held myself to that policy (even despite temptation, to)--like when Sister dunwiddat asked, and now since you've asked. But still, no pics of me.

(As an aside, this is why I've never participated actively in the most popular social media (like MySpace, Twitter and Facebook, too).

Just how I am when it's about the internet.

As for making and selling product? That's something I have kicked around in my head every now and then, but for now, all I've done is made very simple hand cremes for a few family members, and for a couple of my neighbors. I give to them for x-mas or when I notice that they 'might' be developing a problem with their skin.

I buy these really small plastic (yes, plastic), multi-colored, travel sized 'screw top' cosmetic jars (1 oz) sold at Walmart for 99 cents, or two for a dollar--sold in the miniature travel section--initially and primarily for my own use, but anyway... Using coconut oil as my carrier--I use 1-2 drops of essential oil blends (one each of patchouli, jasmine, lavender, or rose EO), plus I like to add a small dab of Bed and Bath Orange and Ginger hand/body lotion (great stuff), and I'll combine them right into one of these little screw top jars.

I liquify the coconut oil (bought from Walmart's cooking oil section), squeeze in a little bit of the orange/ginger lotion--it has a good, strong orange/ginger fragrance, and then I add 1 drop each from two of the EO's. Very simple process. Takes less that 5 minutes to make. As I continue to collect more EO's and carriers, I'll expand my blend options (except for the rose EO, which I will only make on request). I've found that even one drop of the rose EO is nearly impossible to blend without going wild with too many drops of any other EO (which is way too much EO in the end for such a small container). Still, I have a neighbor--this white lady--who LOVES rose EO by itself, so...I make her a hand creme without any other additives except for about a half tsp of Aloe Vera gel and coconut oil.

The recipes I presently make are actually modified recipes that I've found on Black napptural haircare sites, and more recently, including from ANY quality sites that teaches more more about the practical effects of carriers and eo's on napptural hair and skin of all people of color.

As I mentioned before, for now I've only been kicking around the idea of maybe a paying home business built around hair and skin care products done at home. My purpose, though, would be to *encourage/teach* a so-called customer how to do this kind of stuff themselves 'for themselves'.

One Love, and PEACE

... Gotcha Fieldpea, understood; makes a lot of sense as well. Let me be the first to encourage you to start that home-base business, it appears to be a niche for you; and you love it, I can tell. Take care my sister friend and much success. When it happens for you let us know, so that we can do word of mouth advertising... I know a few ladies:)

Peace In,

... Gotcha Fieldpea, understood; makes a lot of sense as well. Let me be the first to encourage you to start that home-base business, it appears to be a niche for you; and you love it, I can tell. Take care my sister friend and much success. When it happens for you let us know, so that we can do word of mouth advertising... I know a few ladies:)

Peace In,

:)

I'll keep thinking it over.

One Love, and PEACE

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back