Black Relationships : I LOVE You....

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by CarrieMonet, Aug 30, 2004.

1. CarrieMonet

CarrieMonet Well-Known Member MEMBER

Love my job!
    Ratings:
    +15
    Some say the word "sorry" is the hardest word for us to say and that very well may be correct but I have to admit I am not much of a fan of the phrase "I love you".

Not that I have withheld saying it, I say I love you to dear friends and family but I use those words cautiously because nowadays it seems people are quick to say I LOVE YOU. I don't think it is a hard thing to say but some may argue that it is. I know I would only say it if I REALLY meant it.

Do you find "I love you" a difficult thing to say? Have you ever hesitated letting someone know how you feel about them? Have you ever told someone you loved them when you didn't just to pacify them?

2. Nisa

Nisa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    I think alot of us as far as relationships go...say I LOVE you ...mean they care for that particular person alot, past the infatuation stage...but they are not IN LOVE....there seems to be confusion btwn the two...

Love is defined as..By Webster-1 a (1) : strong affection for another arising out of kinship or personal ties <maternal love for a child> (2) : attraction based on sexual desire : affection and tenderness felt by lovers (3) : affection based on admiration, benevolence, or common interests <love for his old schoolmates> b : an assurance of love <give her my love>
    2 : warm attachment, enthusiasm, or devotion <love of the sea>
    3 a : the object of attachment, devotion, or admiration <baseball was his first love> b (1) : a beloved person : DARLING -- often used as a term of endearment (2) British -- used as an informal term of address
    4 a : unselfish loyal and benevolent concern for the good of another: as (1) : the fatherly concern of God for humankind (2) : brotherly concern for others b : a person's adoration of God
    5 : a god or personification of love

in love : inspired by affection :love:

lol love is complex! :wink:

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    good concept ! i agree saying I Love U , not as hard but Love bring different
    meanings .

4. stardust

stardust New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    it's happening all over.. it has to do with the fear of commitment. the moment you utter those words..

5. toylin

toylin Well-Known Member MEMBER

Security Guard
    Ratings:
    +17
    Actually, I think saying "I Love You" has gotten easier for people. Why? Because people misuse to word love all the time. "oh, I love that song." "I love this car." I love you, dawg." Once upon a time, the usage of the word was almost sacred. Now? people fall in love the way they change their underware.

6. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    i agree it's very easy to say but not always real or felt .

7. MrBlak

MrBlak Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +9
    I have never said those three words to anyone and no one has said them to me. I am more for actions than words myself, but I suppose I will tell that to who ever becomes my wife on the big day when ever that happens. I would not throw such a phrase around the way many do cause then it loses all mean and becomes pointless and useless.

8. toylin

toylin Well-Known Member MEMBER

Security Guard
    Ratings:
    +17
    I agree, Mr. Blak. Those 3 little words should not be tossed around carelessly. Whoever your future queen is, she's a lucky lady.

Now, let's break it down, shall we?

Love is not the feeling that you get when you're rolling around on the floor half naked, but it is the next morning when you look at the person form the night before with bad breath, messed up hair, crusty eyes, funky draws, and still thinking they're beautiful.

Love is not taking someone to a fancy restaurant for an excellent meal thats costs a pretty penny, but it is forcing yourself to eat the the burned spaghetti-o's and red kool aid.

Love is not hanging a commisioned painting in your foyer, but it is carrying around that polaroid snapshot from 1995 in your wallet.

Love is the effort and time you put in it, not the money or the flowers or the T bone steak dinner or the 6 karat diamond or the red lace teddy you wore to bed last night.

9. atomicangel

atomicangel Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    i reckon that when someone tells you that they love you, sometimes it's hard to know whether they really mean it.
    i was once in a relationship with this guy who would never say 'i love you' to me. he said it was too easy to say and that he'd said it to loads of women before.
    one night, while watching a movie and spending some quality time together, instead of saying 'i love you' he said 'i really like you.' maybe it's just me, but when he said that it felt much more special. my mother always told me that you can't help who you fall in love with, but you can decide on who you like. so at least i knew that he liked me as a person and not because he felt he had to.

10. jazzymoonchild

jazzymoonchild Well-Known Member MEMBER

administrative
    Ratings:
    +9
    I believe in saying I love you, but I don't say it to everyone. For example, I tell my daughter that I love her every single day. And she tells me the same. Other than her, I tell relatives on occasion, but when I feel like I love someone in a romantic relationship, I let him know because I know the difference between loving someone and being in love with them. It is not said at the heat of the moment, and it is not said when he hands me a present.

I'm an emotional person and I just don't believe in keeping my emotions, whatever they may be, hidden.