Black Poetry : I Love God But Religion Said...

Phenomenon

Dec 19, 2005
Texas
Occupation
Student
I love God
But Religion said that I wasn’t loving Him right
Every night, instructions say I should bruise fallen knees
With glued palms to set my demons free
Because Religion said, believing is slavery instead of a relationship
I picked up a bible with such beautiful meaning inside
But the outside held grimy fingerprints
Our proof of contamination
Where interpretations led to more hatred and war
I believe that anyone can talk to God
But Religion said I need a VIP pass
Ask of God through men in boxes
Because He’ll only listen if the soul confesses
Through someone more righteous than I
I believe God is my father
But Religion said that He stays angry with me
Old testament sentiments since
I am always an unworthy heathen grieving for His mercy
That Religion says I don’t even deserve
And it said that He only listens when He wants to
But my heart expects Him to do father-like things
Such as loving me unconditionally, taking care of me, and forgiving me
Wrapped in His arms so intimately until I master His heartbeat
I know that God loves me
But Religion said if I make him mad, He definitely smite me
Curse me with diseases because I didn’t pray as much as America needed
Or intentionally send me through storms
So a lesson can be born and be bled through miscarriages of faith
I hate that God must be an angry, vengeful creature
At least that’s what Religion portrays as our leader
I’ve listened to speakers testify
That the God we serve puts pain on those who deserve it
But I wouldn’t expect a father on Earth to have a child just to hurt it
This seek of salvation is made brutal
When it’s an affection that’s so much more personal than that
I know that I am imperfect
But Religion said I have to do things perfectly
Or my Father will hate me
I sit with these hypocrites who have turned
A Godly relationship into man-made politics
Claiming universal knowledge, instead of sticking to basics
Teaching me the more that I pray, the more likely He’ll hear it
I don’t only have to believe in God’s love but I also have to fear it
Tainting His love, repainting His son’s blood to be invisible
As if that incredible price was never even paid
But Religion enslaves me to believe that sacrifice wasn’t enough
Because loving God is supposed to be mechanical
And while the angels protect me, so-called Christians disrespect me
As they say we face Katrinas for not doing things right
And we taste 9/11s only for the evil in our life
But when I was born into a world of sin
I cried of joy, knowing God is no contradiction
As Religion condemns us for every human condition
I worship a God of mercy, above all ridiculous opinions
We try to make loving Him difficult
When loving Him is so easy
He pleases me everyday with life, love and poetry
Waiting on me to receive that He’s already done it all for me
Despite what Religion said
I think I’ll go with my heart that God made instead
For this is based on our intimate relationship
Never a product of ownership and punishment
Religion said I should fear him
But every time He says, Brandon I love you
I don’t jump, quiver, or bow down in shame
I confidently say, I love you too

Copyright 2008

AgAbus

May 31, 2008
Beaumont/Port Arthur, Texas
Occupation
College Student

Yo fam...i'm
blessed to be the first one to christen this joint...
Yo you ROCKED that!
Dang!!!!!! :SuN014:
This is what its all about my man...its about
RELATIONSHIP...INTIMACY...SPIRITUALITY...COMPANIONSHIP...FRIENDSHIP...BEING LOVERS...NOT religion!
:qqb011: MAD MAD MAD snaps to you
for this delivery papa.

consider ya boi floored and :wave: at you from the floor.

~AgAbus

watzinaname

Oct 4, 2003
Northeast
There are many things that children should do for their father, they should respect him, listen, and obey, but regardless of whether they do these things or not, a father's love is unconditional, God's love is unconditional. Your words emitted such purity of love, your final lines summed it up so well.

Despite what Religion said
I think I’ll go with my heart that God made instead
For this is based on our intimate relationship
Never a product of ownership and punishment
Religion said I should fear him
But every time He says, Brandon I love you
I don’t jump, quiver, or bow down in shame
I confidently say, I love you too

Copyright 2008

Poet, all I can say is....wow.

brianna

Mar 28, 2008
ALWAYS REMEMBER

GOD LOVES YOU INDEPENDENTLY OF WHO OR WHAT YOU ARE!!! DONT LET ANYONE TELL YOU DIFFERENT. THIS WHOLE WRITE WAS SPOKEN LIKE A TRUE CHILD OF GOD. NOT IN THE CHURCHES IMAGE BUT IN GODS!!!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Black People : Greater Good-God Is Not Love Black People Open Forum 0
dattaswami1 Black Christians : One do not do sin based on his love to God not by fear to Him Christian Study Group 0
dattaswami1 Black Spirituality Religion : Love to God Vs Love to child Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Trump tweeted lavish praise of himself from an evangelical Fox and Friends pundit, Israeli Jews “love him like he is the second coming of God” Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 5
CosmicMessenger Black Spirituality Religion : To Know God is to Love Him Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 56
cherryblossom Audio Video Web Conferencing : PHILIP BAILEY GOD IS LOVE Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
cherryblossom Audio Video Web Conferencing : Marvin Gaye - God Is Love - (1971) Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
dunwiddat Black Christians : One Woman's Testimony of God's Love Christian Study Group 6
Ms Drea Black Poetry : THE LOVE OF GOD Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
dattaswami1 Black Spirituality Religion : Love to God is tested by money Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 5
dattaswami1 Black Spirituality Religion : God is not in need of any forced love – collected by cutting bonds with effort Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
G Black Spirituality Religion : god channel--Spirit's Love Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
Destee Black Spirituality Religion : Does God Love Black People Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 30
dattaswami1 Black Spirituality Religion : The feeling of God and love to Him is the most powerful healer of all the stress Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
dattaswami1 Black Spirituality Religion : Who asked you to love God? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
I Black Spirituality Religion : The God That You Love , Do You Love Him Or Do You Fear Him ? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 14
L Black Poetry : Some havent seen God love shine Yet... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
N Black Poetry : My Love, My Faith, My God Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
N Black Poetry : My Love, My Faith, My God Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
N Quiet Poetry Lounge : My Love, My Faith, My God Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
A Black Spirituality Religion : Shalom, As salamualaikum, God bless you, peace and love, or whatevea! Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
S Black Haiku : God's Love Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
J Black Poetry : God's jewel ( for Joyce) much love queen Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
Desert Storm Black Poetry : God's Love Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
D Black Poetry : there is a God (lookin' fo a lil' love) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12
R Black Poetry : HE SAID “My plan include cake and will elude a fake in the rude hands of fate fare is money for a ride love your hair a honey with pride at that poin Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
HODEE Black Entertainment : Where is the Love? Black Entertainment 1
R Black Poetry : SHE SAID: now I'm a down for life red-bone boys wanna kiss my lips and head home they love my skin-tone, correct and hot tonight lips reflect a lot of Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Parenting : The reality of Black men's love lives and marriages is very different than what's usually shown on TV – I spent years actually talking to them Black Parenting 0
R Black Poetry : SHE SAID” you greedy for fame needy for a dame so you speedy in this game called love you not scrub, alert you not captain Kirk wanna be winner of Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
Mario William vitale Black Poetry : Love Is In The Air Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
SwagII Black Relationships : "NO ONE WANTS TO GIVE UP ON SOMEONE THEY LOVE" Black Relationships 0
R Black Poetry : Its true in the world that new girls often soften the conversation and hurl love on words and twirl boys minds like batons in parade but afraid of th Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
R Black Poetry : time has arrived for him to rhyme and jive, nickel and dime don't matter must climb the corporate ladder "SO BOO it don't matter we love each other gi Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
G Black People : Mary L Trump on President "Love That Goya" Trump Black People Open Forum 0
R Black Poetry : He tried to fix his luck because he's mixed up and confuse been used like soap in a bathtub this is not a the path of love you can do the math in a cl Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
R Black Poetry : Its clear doe a year ago a boy starved for sex carved some complex words in a love letter in the club her thing wetter and the wetter the better acco Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
J Black Poetry : Every molecule of the body and soul reaches for you. All the neurons in my brain are filled with impulses of thoughts of love for you. I idolize your Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
L Black Positive People : Create a self-love workshop for young black girls? Black People Doing Positive Things 10
J Black Poetry : In a vessel from my broken heart where my eternal love for you is stored, bloody ink of love of love of suffering, with red tears of sorrow I write ab Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
TotalView Quiet Poetry Lounge : just love Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
J Black Poetry : Each part of your body is a whole love-erotic poem lyric, romantic, erotic fantasy, no beauties of nature can compare with this and even the views of Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
OldSoul Black People : Enjoy 9 minutes of Nina's Love Black People Open Forum 0
J Black Poetry : Your body is so exciting juicy. You are the narcotic virus of love. Your body forms like a brutal, but beautiful, lyrical rap beat, you're like a hot Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
C Black People : Love And Hate Black People Open Forum 0
OldSoul Black People : Matthew A. Cherry's "Hair Love" Win's Oscar! Black People Open Forum 0
J Black Poetry : You are my beastly lust, body heat from your beauty. A deep feeling of love pierces the psyche and soul, I have an energy dependence on you and your h Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
C Black People : They All Have No Love, Democrat And Republican Nor Respect For Your Black Behind, White, Jew, Gentile!!! Black People Open Forum 1
SwagII Black Relationships : LOVE, what does it really feel like? Black Relationships 1
HODEE Black Entertainment : Toni Braxton - Another Sad Love Song (Official Music Video) Black Entertainment 1