I like to know this ???

Discussion in 'Black Men - Fathers - Brothers - Sons' started by $$RICH$$, Nov 12, 2004.

1. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    what is a strong man a real man ??

how do you define man and his ability
    is it written or was it the home teaching growing up?

what is the definition to your knowledge of man
    and that they are so strong mentally / physically / spirtrually

is it a pride factor or ego to make believe that man is all this
    or is it a mental thing that hold as man ???

2. watzinaname

watzinaname Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +122
    Brotha Rich, is this directed to everyone? Or do you just want a male perspective?

3. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    i like to hear everyone point of view on it male and female

4. watzinaname

United States
    Ratings:
    +122
    Well, as I ponder this, I am initially wondering about the differences between this question, and say, what makes a strong woman, or what makes a strong human being? You feel me? But, I do understand what you're getting at here Rich. This is what comes to my mind when I think of a strong man. A man who takes responsibility for his actions, be they right or wrong, without having to place the blame upon someone else if he is indeed wrong. Being able to get back up on his feet, even if he has to half step for a while to do it, after he has been knocked down. A man who tries his best to care for his family, not just financially, but spiritually. A man who usually has the best of intentions, even though they may indeed fall through sometimes. A man whose word actually means something, not just lip service. Doesn't mean perfection, no one is perfect, but intent means an awful lot. That's my view....

5. Emeka

Emeka Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    What is a real man, you ask?

Well firstly he should have an implacable urge to advance the position of his offspring’s to the nth degree! That means he must be willing to humanly possible, through what ever means necessary to ensure that not only will his immediate children achieve greatness, but even that of his descendent in the twentieth generation. He should naturally seek to dominate his surroundings and to be the master of every thing (Never the servant!!!). And thus must seek to be strong in every sphere humanly possible (i.e. physically, spiritual and mentally). He should love peace, but not be frightened of war. He should be with out mercy for his enemies, yet love his friends.

These are—in my opinion—only a few traits of REAL man; NOT crying/weeping at any given chances.

P.S. ego and pride in a man is EVERYTHING. What kind of a man has no ego? What kind of a man has no pride? A man with out these traits is like a body with out a soul; he is a ghost!!!

6. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    thankz sista watz i see your point as i put it all in perspective to fully see
    great point of view .

brutha chukwuemeka......
    very well taken point here and i must agree fully
    it is also known that man take pride and let it lead them to destruction
    with an ego so high but if man fuction and handle his pride it stands up
    more by knowing when to give in to this pride and knowing that an ego
    holds problems a strong man is also a weak man ...I know both of you
    saying what do i mean .....

spiritrually man is powerful with physical beings but mentally i mean deep mentally
    can be weak this may sound like a lie but it's really true there are men who
    strongly stand proudly in pride and say i'm no way weak when there are facts
    that they break in ways unknown to self a Real Man do stand and test the tides
    hold his family and be all that you both stated
    now i have to say a man do not or should not cry / weep about everything
    in life or fel powerless but many men have broken down by millions of reasons
    now did any of you know that a female is mentally strong then man
    she can hold what man drops she hold a pride too but know how to work her
    pride to manifest greatness and woman has been the builder of man

definition of man :: human being a manhood of body an adult considered
    distinctive yet weaken mentally but stand as strong whole as a man
    through inner pain man weep yet his emotion provide a pride that make him
    as strong // man is weaker to wo-man whom bare all labor as man to sweat
    by his braw // man to provide as man and hold unity.

is it that man forgotten that pride is to dignify there dignity
    which states ::
    state of beings worthy / honored or esteemed /formal reserve of manner
    respected language or appearance .
    Weakness of man is a strong point where man has failed

but i do agree what real man is and how you both define it
    thank u

7. watzinaname

United States
    Ratings:
    +122
    I don't know if a woman is always mentally stronger than a man Rich. I think it depends on the woman, and the particular situation. But when the issue of pride comes up, yes, I have seen instances where men seem to get caught up in it, more so then women. I think this is where the whole issue of being each other's complement comes in. One being strong when the other cannot, one being understanding when the other cannot see the bigger picture. Being patient about the other's failings, and still remaining their number one fan even when the chips are down. I don't want to be too long winded, so much can be said on this topic brotha.

8. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Hey,

I'd like to comment here. There is a difference between a strong man and a "real man." That term :real man: is traditionally a stereotype John Wayne kind of guy. This guy is cauht up in appearances and so he appears strong on the outside but he has a warped pride that won't let him do the things to be really strong on the inside. He will use his might to destroy his enemies because that makes him appear strong. true strength lies in the power to persude and win over ones enemies with love but he cannot bring himself to do that because it may make hime appear weak and of that he is deathly afraid.This is the "real man." A man whose ego is contolled by a multitude of inner fear that keep him from being tryly strong. We see him in the white suppremaist. We see him in the daydreams of Black men who forget who they are inside and desire the false outer strength of the white supremist.

A tryly strong man is everything that a "real man" is not.

9. Emeka

Emeka Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    I’m sorry sister River but I have to disagree with this assessment of what a real/strong man is; especially the statement "true strength lies in the power to persuade and win over ones enemies with love". This is one of those beliefs that people delude themselves into falsely accepting to be true. If my enemy is raping my wife and beating my children senseless, should I win him over with love? I don't think so!! I would avenge the wrongs done to me and my family, which as a man (the protector and provider of the family) is my duty to fulfill. The White supremacist is not wrong in believing that it is his sacred duty to protect his blood (e.g. his offspring) and race. It is the Black man who is at fault, because he does not share a similar feeling for his own progeny! How come there are no Black supremacists (i.e. those who believe that the Black race must—out of necessity of blood, culture and history—become the masters over the White race? Ask yourself that, and you will see why the race is in its present condition, which it has been for many millennia.

Peace.

10. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Peace to you brothah Chukwuemeka,

And you are right that in the case of overt violence when a cat is taping on your head with a piece of wood--brotherhood--no good.

However, I'm not so sure that we'd be better off if every man tried to conquer every other man. The Blaack man's problem is not so much that he desn't beat the crap out of the White man but the Black man simply has not shown wisdom in his dealings with the White man. We go for any foolish thing. Take the recent election.