Black Spirituality Religion : I Learned today

truetothecause

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 26, 2007
In the fantasy of Afreekan Unity
Occupation
The~rapist
of a Voodoo Priest who was sent to treatment for ALCOHOLISM....

Drinking alcohol is a part of the Priest (if that's what they are called) duty, right?

He was supported by one of his high Priest to seek treatment for his illness.

For those who practice or follow this Spiritual System, does it make sense for this person to return to their role if they have begun to abuse Alcohol:?:

His illness came to light after telling a follower to kiss is........., ........and his whole entire.......:SuN049:

How can we help him in treatment if he continues as a Priest. I did also hear that he is to drink non-alcoholic beverages when preforming his duties now. How realistic is that in the Voodoun system:?:

M.E.
:hearts2:

In the Spirit of Sankofa and Truth!

of a Voodoo Priest who was sent to treatment for ALCOHOLISM....

Drinking alcohol is a part of the Priest (if that's what they are called) duty, right?

He was supported by one of his high Priest to seek treatment for his illness.

For those who practice or follow this Spiritual System, does it make sense for this person to return to their role if they have begun to abuse Alcohol:?:

His illness came to light after telling a follower to kiss is........., ........and his whole entire.......:SuN049:

How can we help him in treatment if he continues as a Priest. I did also hear that he is to drink non-alcoholic beverages when preforming his duties now. How realistic is that in the Voodoun system:?:

M.E.

......................Wow!

I don't know about the tradition, but I do know if he doesn't get himself under control he won't have to worry about returning to the priesthood....he'll either die or lose his customer base. I can only imagine the lives he may have screwed up; if I were a customer I'd be pissed.

Well...I know in the tradition, alcohol is used frequently for Libations and other ceremonial activities.

While in Ghana, during an Abosom (I think it's called)..the Priestess was clearly intoxicated. I had a very interesting experience with it. Also, we must have purchased a couple of cases of vodka to give as offerings to many places visited during the trip. We did participate in several Spiritual Ceremonies.

I've asked questions before of those in many of the Spiritual systems that favor alcohol in ceremonies. Given the rates of alcoholism and addiction in our communities..seems like a set up.

Thanks for checking and Sharing Sis!

M.E.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back