Black Women : I know This is a Crazy Question

cherryblossom

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 28, 2009
Hey sistas.

Yawl might think sista river is bugging (no pun intended) but I was reading and ta man whose last name is Roach came up. I started thinking how he must have been teased mercilessly when he was a kid. I began to wonder how a man named Roach could ever get married and pass his name onto the 21st century. So I am asking you sistas, would you marry a man named Roach? If so would you send your children to school with that name or would you tell them to use a fake name? Would you insist that he get his name legally changed as part of a prenuptial agreement? or would you keep him on the end of a long handled spoon the moment you found out his name?

LMBO!

This topic is so ironic for me!

I have so often thought about this same thing.

I went to school with a boy named Andy Roach and I did think about him ever getting married.

I just don't know if I could go through life as "Mrs. Roach" and I certainly wouldn't want my children called "the little Roaches." (lol)

So, I'm just thankful that I've never had any interest in a man with such a name.

....maybe he could be convinced to add an "e" to the end of it and pronounce it Roa-che'. (lol)

Bootzey

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 26, 2008
Metro ATL
Occupation
Don't Ask
I'd keep my maiden name.

One of the funnier and scary last name is "Raper". One of our clients is married and has this last name. All I can think of was him picking up his wife from her parents house for a 1st date. "Hi. I'm a Raper!" LOL

Angela22

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 26, 2013
Nah, I wouldn't mind it, if he didn't mind it. People sometimes clown me for my last name, anyway, so it wouldn't be new to me.

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Ms Drea's profile.
Hi My Dear Darling Sister! :kiss: :love: :kiss:
Destee wrote on beautifulblkw's profile.
Hi Sister!!!! :wave: :wave: :wave: So good to see you! Thanks for coming home! YAAAAAY! :yaay: Much Love and Peace! :love:
Massey Ferguson Tractors and farm implements for Sale in Africa especially in Botswana, Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Ghana, Nigeria and many more. Our tractor company in Africa having huge stock of brand new tractors and farm implements for tractor dealers.
sekou kasimu wrote on ZIbijah's profile.
Have you read "The Iceman Inheritance: Prehistoric Origins of Western Man's Racism, Sexism, and Aggression"?
$1 Billion Black dollars in 30 days