Black People : I know They Be Yo' Friends!

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by happy69, May 21, 2004.

1. happy69

happy69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
  2. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    White, Latino, & Asian companies exclude blacks from employment.....no surprise, I've been saying this for years!! There are only 2 solutions to this trend: (1) Start seeking employment at your nearest INS office. :grin: (2) Form our own companies, and hire black people. It is idiotic for us to continue to complain about other people not hiring us. They can do what they want with their companies (they are going to whether we like it or not). The true problem is we don't hire each other either. Like at all these black clothing companies like Fubu, Sean John, Phat Farm, Roc-a-wear that set up shop in South America instead of Urban communities (where they sell these products). African Americans have to stop looking for white people to provide for us, if we don't want to be left behind.

3. happy69

happy69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    I agree with all you said...but I would like to add:
    AFRICAN-AMERICANS NEED TO STOP SUPPORTING ANYBODY WHO DOES NOT SUPPORT US. STOP. NO BOYCOTT. STOP. NO 'ITCHING. STOP.
    FUNNEL ALL THAT EXPENDABLE CASH INTO COMMUNITY AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE.

4. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,860
    :lol: @ Brother Pan and his comment about seeking employment at your nearest INS office.

I agree with all that has been written so far! As Sister Happy wrote....STOP the madness!

Peace,
    Queenie :spinstar:

5. toylin

toylin Well-Known Member MEMBER

Security Guard
    Ratings:
    +17
    Right on, y'all. I've been saying this for years............ Now, one thingf my mother and I were discussing.. why does it seem that Black products always cost more than the random White ones? Even at some of the discount stores, you'llpay more for a FUBU jersey than say.. I dunno... Who's out there? Okay. I once saw a plain, random Ralph Lauren shirt.... FUBU made one similiar to it..... The FUBU one costed $10 more! I try my best to support my people, but I don't believe in buying all that expensive clothing, anyway......

6. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Hey NN....If I was working for the INS, I'd be deporting jokers right & left. Local businesses would be pissed at me, cause they'd be forced to pay their employees "livable" wages.