Black Spirituality Religion : I KNOW JESUS IS POWERFUL BUT

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Afru Shukuwr, Jun 23, 2007.

1. Afru Shukuwr

Afru Shukuwr Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61
    Why do Christians think that once they feel something through Christianity its the best thing in the world. Dont you know people can have those same feelings from other religions. Im talking about talking in tounges and something throwing your grandma around in church as well. Or you might feel something helped you overcome an obstacle. Christians are very arrogant when it comes to that.
    Furthermore for you to have the same kind of feeling you could even be an atheist. The devil can come through any religion and God can too.In conclusion I wouldnt jump to conclusions just because you feel a power over you.

2. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Why?....Because believing in the Father God, The Son God and the Holy Spirit God, Christians believe that all GOOD things come from God and that His Holy Spirit is His intercessor, representative and spokesman.

Now, yes, Christians believe, as according to His Word, that Yeshua is the only way and that we must study and pray to DISCERN and SEEK His Holy Spirit.

3. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Confronting Familiar Spirits

<<< Back to Teaching Notes
    "Familiar spirit" is the designation of a specific type of evil spirit. It is so classified because of its chief characteristic: namely, familiarity. It is a relationship, a familiarity, with a person or personality. For example, a woman, whom Paul encountered in Macedonia, had a familiar spirit which gave her powers of divination. (Acts 16:16-18)
    Familiar spirits are common amid the practices of spiritism and witchcraft, but their activity is by no means limited to persons and practices so obviously occult. Evil spirits are personalities. They can reason, decide, express emotions and communicate. Personalities have the capacity to relate to one another. Two human personalities can form a relationship; and, through communication and communion, that relationship can be enhanced. Likewise, a person can form and develop a close relationship with an evil spirit. When a person forms a relationship with an evil spirit (which can be done either willfully or through ignorance), he then has a familiar spirit.
    Communication is the chief characteristic of a familiar spirit. The spirit responds quickly to the summons of the medium. A medium, such as the witch of Endor whom Saul consulted (I Sam. 28:7), is a go-between which forms a communication link between the earthly world and the demonic realm. Thus, anyone who becomes a channel of communication for an evil spirit is a medium. He has a familiar spirit.
    A familiar spirit is something that a person has, because it is a personality identified with a certain individual. In the same sense that one has a book, a friend or a cold, one can be personally identified with a demon spirit.
    • "Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I am the Lord your God." Lev. 19:31, KJV, (emphasis mine)
    The Hebrew word for "familiar spirit" is ob, meaning "a leathern bottle." To the ears of the ancient Hebrews, the hollow sound of a familiar spirit, speaking through a medium, sounded as though it were coming out of a skin bottle. A skin bottle is a vessel; and, a person who has a familiar spirit, serves as the vessel which contains the spirit. The spirit indwells the person. Thus, a person who has a familiar spirit is demonized....

cont....http://www.nemontel.net/~word1/confronting_familiar_spirits.htm

4. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    How To Know If It Is The Holy Spirit Talking To You

By Dr. James. A McBean. D.Th., MCC

Copyright © 2009 Library of Congress Washington.D.C.20559

M any Christians thinks, if demons pretend to be the Holy Spirit and talked to them, they are not save, or something is badly wrong with them. Demons spoken to Jesus some of the times. In addition, demons spoken to the apostles some of the times. The problem is this, as a child of God, we must come to maturity were we can differentiate, and know, when demons are talking to us from when the Holy Spirit is talking to us. One Christian woman was in her bed, there was a thirty-eight degree cold outside, a spirit spoken to her and told her to get up out of her warm bed and go outside to sprinkle water on her car, as protection for the car. The Holy Spirit can make rainfall. He can flood your car not just sprinkle it. He does not need to wake up somebody and sent them out into the cold to do that. Sometime I have to wonder what kind of Holy Spirit people listening to. How come their Holy spirit never told them how to get healing from their long and troublesome ailment?

Some Christians regarded every voice that they heard to be the voice of God, and they feel much buffed up, and privilege to be spoken to by God. Poor foolish people do not even know that it was Satan and his demons speaking to them....

continued....
    http://www.rtbpms.com/holyspirit010.html

5. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    Another question could be, why wouldn't we think it's the best thing/feeling in the world?

Should we compromise ourselves just to make another feel better on the road they walk? Do they need Christians to play down their feelings to feel justified with their own choice? I, myself, don't feel someone else has to play down their feelings for me to feel justified on the road I walk because I'm trusting in my faith; how another feels or doesn't feel doesn't validate it nor take away from it.

So, again, why wouldn't we think it's the best feeling in the world? It's the Way to life, the truth in salvation, because of the Holy Son's sacrifice for our sins. It's redemption from the fire, because our faith in the Father and the Son, and belief in Their works, and the Son's resurrection. What gifts are better than these, which He has granted us in mercy?

To answer your question, we think it's the best thing in the world, simply because to be faithful to the Father in worship and fear and love is the best thing in the world. For His Spirit is upon us. :)