I know I'm not a premium member

Discussion in 'Violators and Violations (Possible Ones)' started by Amnat77, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Amnat77

Amnat77 Well-Known Member MEMBER

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    But is it possible for Destee to consider having a CUSSING allowed day on destee.com?...we could have rules... like no one over 40 can be cussed at unless they attack posters first...

just a thought,

and I'm not trying to be funny.

2. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    LOL

3. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    :geek:...can you curse in African?

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684

Sister Amnat ... you don't have to be a Premium Member to make a suggestion.

We've actually done this before, relaxed the no cursing policy, to let folk do it ... and it was terrible. I had to immediately reverrse the decision. In a matter of minutes, there were curse words in titles ... all in poetry ... in the discussions ... everywhere ... all kinds of carrying on ... The Family (not all, but way too many) just went krazee with it. Made this very respectful community look like some back-alley establishment.

So, with this prior experience (among other things), it will be difficult for me to just open us up to that energy, even for a day.

I do recognize the privilege of cursing, if an adult chooses to do so, and part of me is saddened that that is hindered here ... but we have such high standards and hopes for our people ... that it simply is going to cost something ... and cursing seems to be on that list (for now).

If you could convince me that cursing each other is beneficial to our people, or our collective plight, I'd be glad to reconsider.

In fact, I was reading in the Maat Thread, that cursing leaves one out of balance with Maat ... almost suggesting ... that if you curse, you are not in balance with Maat. (10. I have not cursed.) (26. I have not cursed God/Goddess.) (36. I have not cursed anyone in thought, word or deeds.)

There are quite a few schools of thought, expounding on the dangers of our cursing each other.

In addition, we're often trying to surmise if a person is real or not, if they are living what they claim to profess, oftentimes quick to call them fake if things don't line up.

For example, one can claim they love their people, but they're cursing and swearing at (and about) their people all the time, or providing a place for others to do this.

What kind of testimony is that? Does what they say, match what they do? What would you think of such a person? Do you want to be that person?

If our collective good is what we claim to want, then our individual behavior should match that at all times, when possible.

With this in mind, if you or anyone can show me where cursing each other is the example we should set, that it is best for us, I'll reconsider.

Let me know.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

5. Amnat77

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    Something things are better said and expressed succinctly, by the occasional insertion of swear words....

maat is about give and take ..as long as you know the reasons for your actions are upright, and is in alignment with the promise made to self and to the deity- then you are not breaking any laws....

I know people who do the most vulgar things imaginable in private, but put on a pretty face, nice smile, and use pretty words in public-which most people buy hook, line and sinker...and I know people who aren't into pretty words.. who some say are harsh and abrasive...yet they would take off the shirts on their back for the next man, and would never harm a fly.:10500:

''For example, one can claim they love their people, but they're cursing and swearing at (and about) their people all the time, or providing a place for others to do this.''

ok that is your truth... and i'll assume the above is a promise you made to self...so i will take the answer to my request as a No.

6. Amnat77

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    :em2300:

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684

This may be true, but it's not allowed here, requiring each to raise their level of dialogue above swearing at each other.

The flexibility you've described was not included in the thread I read about Maat. It's good to know one can determine adherence as they see fit.

You know some interesting people, though I'm not sure what their private and/or personal business has to do with this thread / topic.

Yes, a promise of sorts, my truth I suppose, and more importantly, this community's mission and purpose.

I did not say no. I challenged you to show and prove that Black People cursing each other is the best thing for us to do, and I'd reconsider the policy.

Of course you're welcome to take that as a no, since meeting the challenge is probably impossible.

Love You!

Destee

8. Amnat77

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    I know cussing is against your rules, that's why I the made request to get a day of reprieve from the rule because a closed mouth don't get feed .

9. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684

It's good that you live by Maat. I am just learning of it, and highlighted the laws that discourage cursing, only to be told that you don't have to live by the laws.

The above lends more credence to its flexibility, going as far as to magically absolve all misdeeds in life. You posted this, yet you say there is no flexibility?!

What is more flexible than doing whatever misdeeds you'd like, and receiving magical absolution for them all?

Is that why you wanna curse? Because you live by Maat, and will not be held accountable for breaking those laws?

Sister ... that is flexibility at its finest ... and not a bad deal, if you can get it.

I never said or suggested such a thing.

Sister ... you started a thread asking us to relax the rules regarding cursing at each other, which would apply to everyone, not just you. Yet you admit that your concern is only for you, and that you're not even willing to consider if the proposed change is best for the whole (even though we'd all be impacted). That's unfortunate, but okay, because I'm here to consider what's best for the whole ... i got us ... this community.

While we're talking ... not only is cursing not allowed, but neither is it allowed for one to go around our banned word list. That is the act of spelling the curse word in a different way, to get your cuss in. That is a violation of our rules too, and I have seen you doing that ... so now that we've talked all about cursing ... I'll expect you to stop going around the banned word list, to get your cuss in ... for unlike your understanding of Maat ... there are consequences for breaking the law / rules here.

If you have any more questions, let me know.

Love You!

Destee

10. Amnat77

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    You can just say NO and be done with it you know? Destee.com is a authoritarian/dictatorship, not democratic .... hence the reason i had the foresight and showed RESPECT:court: by making the request...all attempts to manipulate my words and position is noted but not necessary. I know you are a very intelligent person, who could make a person without a strong mind lose focus of their position...NOT me..lol...if you REALLY want to believe the above about Ma'at then :10500:

it's your world....

but i believe the Wiki article was quiet clear....