Black Spirituality Religion : I have a question

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Nasheed, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Nasheed

Nasheed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Otr Truck Driver
    Ratings:
    +168
    I have noticed that there is always an abundance of knowledge concerning the bible and it's characters. I have always wondered why (frm my knowledge) they have "NEVER" found the remains of any people frm the bible. They are constantly diggin up our ancestors frm Kemet who are older frm the ppl in the bible (ppl before jesus time) and they have just claimed to find a body frm 4 million yrs ago. Why nobody frm the bible? Are they in a secret place or summtin? Not asking for a debate, jus answers?

Ma'at Hetep

2. Bootzey

Bootzey Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Don't Ask
    Ratings:
    +863
    Good Question! Isn't there a cave/tomb somewhere where Abraham, Isaac and Jacob are buried along with their wives?

3. Nasheed

Otr Truck Driver
    Ratings:
    +168
    Ma'at Hetep

Don't know but it appears I want get any answers

4. ru2religious

ru2religious Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,891
    You will be waiting for a long time to get this answer - but I will say that they have found a lot of the biblical so-called historical figures but they were buried in the value of the Kings and Queens. The biblical Characters of the bible are simple Egyptians whose names have been chanced to create a new nation.

Those who suggested that they are characters aside from the Khememu the I would love to see some anthropological and archaeological evidence to support such a claim.

I'm interested in see how this is going to be answered as well

Peace

Ru2religious

5. hartwell

hartwell Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +252
    easy answer my friend those characters never existed of course the followers of these three religions are in denial.

6. Nasheed

Otr Truck Driver
    Ratings:
    +168
    Ma'at Hetep

Appreciate ur response. I forgot the thread even existed because I was receiving no answers, LOL. Let's see if I get anymore.

7. CITIZEN

CITIZEN Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +144
    A question for anyone...

I ask this humbly....as I seek knowledge on this issue and not to start trouble...

It would appear that Christianity was not the religion of our forefathers. Christianity began with Christ (or His followers, as He claimed Judaism), but the nations of Africa were ancient already in those times. Islam came after that as Mohammed was not born until later than Christ. Judaism is also in Africa, and it is an older religion than the other two. However, it is thought that this religion began with Abraham 2000 years before Christ. There were hieroglyphs in Kemet over a 1000 years before that, so I can imagine that they had religion centuries before that.

So my question is this: Our forefathers, not the ones that were slaves but their forefathers, likely did not worship any of the Big 3 religions. Should we revert to everything our forefathers did (the religion, language, clothes, culture) or should we 'change with the times' and adopt newer ways for our lifestyle? Even if we were never enslaved, I would suspect that we would have evolved over time. But is this good for us?

I ask this because I thought about converting to Islam at one point or another in my life as I wanted to follow my forefathers. I wasn't particularly attached to Christianity anyway. I didn't convert, and right now I am spiritual and not religious. Religion just feels too man-made for my spirit. I believe in a God, I just feel like most people are misled by religion.

Any comments?

8. Bootzey

Bootzey Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Don't Ask
    Ratings:
    +863
    Another reason you won't find any religious graves is because religion tends to deify its ancestors. Ancestors cannot be resurrected and working on your behalf if they find remains can they?

9. Nasheed

Otr Truck Driver
    Ratings:
    +168
    Ma'at hetep

CITIZEN: I appreciate ur response but you should have started your own thread with your question which does not at all pertain to the subject matter. Since you asked here I will do my best to answer you.

As far as reverting to our ancestors ways I would say no. We can definitely extract from them what we need to be a better person/persons. Reverting IMHO: would not work in this day and age.

I feel the same as you. I am a spiritual person more so than a religious one. If I had to claim one as I often do I "PERSONALLY" choose ISLAM for various reasons. I consider myself a Muslim but a "CONSCIOUS" one. All religion IMHO is man made but you have to do what's right for you.

I hope this helped in some shape or form.
    Hetep

10. Nasheed

Otr Truck Driver
    Ratings:
    +168
    Ma'at Hetep

Thanks for ur response and I agree with you. The only thing that I am perplexed about is this: "All these people are mentioned but no bodies found". I can't seem to get past that. All I hear is "How" real all this is concerning The Bible but no one has been discovered. If someone knows why this is I would truly like to know. I had hoped to get a response/answer from our prominent Christians on here but nothing yet. I wonder why?