Black Relationships : i have a question ... what attracts you to someone of the opposite sex?

this is always a subject of debate when it comes up, no matter who im talking to. im sure it has been discussed, but i wasnt around so lets give it another go, eh?

what attracts you to someone of the opposite sex? is it personality, physical appearance, a combination of both? are looks more important than personality/substance? does your mate have to be uber-attractive for you to stay interested?

im sure you all get where im going with this without me posting a hundred more spin-off questions.

so, if you\'d please, post away :)

A little bit of both. I cannot date someone I am not attracted too...I've tried...and it doesn't work for me. So I need a even combination at least. She has to be at least CUTE, she doesn't have to be fine...and a down to earth personality...unselfish and ladylike

I can't have one without the other; a lot of these females do a great job of looking good, but they always fail the personality part...always

this is always a subject of debate when it comes up, no matter who im talking to. im sure it has been discussed, but i wasnt around so lets give it another go, eh?

what attracts you to someone of the opposite sex? is it personality, physical appearance, a combination of both? are looks more important than personality/substance? does your mate have to be uber-attractive for you to stay interested?

im sure you all get where im going with this without me posting a hundred more spin-off questions.

I have to be mentally stimulated by a person. Someone who can carry a conversation and keep my attention is always a winner. Just be intelligent and smart...Book smart, street smart, spiritually smart....It's very hard for a guy to keep me interested in his convo.

The have to have a great sense of humor and not be up-tight. Laughter to me is one of the highest forms of pleasure....I'm sarcastic and full of jokes, so I like when a guy can be that back and not take things personal, just roll with the punches.

Go-getters. Ambitious. I like a man who likes to work on himself to better himself. Hard-working. Career driven. Educated.

I'm always attracted to guys who are down-to-earth, calm, cool and collected...Those are the ones who I usually end up have long-term relationships with...I'm the opposite of down-to-earth, and I like it when a guy is able to pull my head out the clouds and pull me back to reality with his chill attitude...plus patience.

I have to have some kind of physical attraction. None of the guys I date look similar to the next. So I don't have certain features to which attract me...But I do love a nice smile and straight teeth....And I really like thick, stocky guys, built like a linebacker, because when they hold me I feel safe.

Confidence is key. I love it when a man is self-assured, but not in a conceited or cocky manner. He still is humble. But he isn't afraid to express how he feels. He's a confident lover and provider. He's confident in me and our relationship.

He's a protector. I like it when I can feel safe around a man. I don't want to feel like he's gonna bail if something bad goes down. I don't like a coward. A man who can make me feel safe in his arms or safe far away.

Honest....Doesn't feel the need to lie, because he's got that confidence appeal. He says how he feels, but not with the intention to hurt but to have understanding.

Loyalty...He's loyal to himself, loyal to God, loyal to his family, loyal to his woman, loyal to his word.

He makes me feel beautiful...Either just by his smile, conversation, just little things he does keeps me feeling beautiful in his eyes.

He makes a good friend at the end of the day.

I have to be mentally stimulated by a person. Someone who can carry a conversation and keep my attention is always a winner. Just be intelligent and smart...Book smart, street smart, spiritually smart....It's very hard for a guy to keep me interested in his convo.

The have to have a great sense of humor and not be up-tight. Laughter to me is one of the highest forms of pleasure....I'm sarcastic and full of jokes, so I like when a guy can be that back and not take things personal, just roll with the punches.

Go-getters. Ambitious. I like a man who likes to work on himself to better himself. Hard-working. Career driven. Educated.

I'm always attracted to guys who are down-to-earth, calm, cool and collected...Those are the ones who I usually end up have long-term relationships with...I'm the opposite of down-to-earth, and I like it when a guy is able to pull my head out the clouds and pull me back to reality with his chill attitude...plus patience.

I have to have some kind of physical attraction. None of the guys I date look similar to the next. So I don't have certain features to which attract me...But I do love a nice smile and straight teeth....And I really like thick, stocky guys, built like a linebacker, because when they hold me I feel safe.

Confidence is key. I love it when a man is self-assured, but not in a conceited or cocky manner. He still is humble. But he isn't afraid to express how he feels. He's a confident lover and provider. He's confident in me and our relationship.

He's a protector. I like it when I can feel safe around a man. I don't feel like he's gonna bail if something bad goes down. I don't like a coward. A man who can make me feel safe in his arms or safe far away.

Honest....Doesn't feel the need to lie, because he's got that confidence appeal. He says how he feels, but not with the intention to hurt but to have understanding.

Loyalty...He's loyal to himself, loyal to God, loyal to his family, loyal to his woman, loyal to his word.

He makes me feel beautiful...Either just by his smile, conversation, just little things he does keeps me feeling beautiful in his eyes.

He makes a good friend at the end of the day.

Forgot to mention

Compassion/Self-less...I like a man who thinks like a philanthropist.

A number of things which add up to compatability.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back