Black Spirituality Religion : I have a question regarding "TRUTH"?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Pharaoh Jahil, Apr 4, 2005.

1. Pharaoh Jahil

Pharaoh Jahil Well-Known Member MEMBER

College Student
    Ratings:
    +25
    Peace,

Question, is there an objective truth?

I've often heard that we are creators of our own "Truth".

There is no such thing as one "Truth" (which I find interesting).

Now each of us were in search of "The Truth" at one point, some are still searching.

With all the information I see posted is this particular forum, I am beginning to see that each of us have some knowledge and wisdom to share but does that qualify as Truth? Or is what we precieve as the Truth just a figment of our own personal Truth?

Family, what do yall think?

Peace.

2. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    PEACE JALIL:

Have you ever heard of VOLTRON?

The key in life, should be to form VOLTRON.......Take all the pieces that you find, and form the feet and legs.

Take more pieces, and form the arms and body.......

All that's left, is one piece (you should know what that it).

VOLTRON is the truth, YOUR Truth.

If you know about VOLTRON well enough, then you should know that there was more than one VOLTRON; one for every region of the Galaxy.

Your mission is to roam your galaxy, and find that last piece.....Take the pieces that you find, and try to merge them with the other pieces.......It if fits, then you can finally yell "LET'S GO VOLTRON FORCE"!!

If not, then cast it aside, and keep searching.

Remember, your universe begins and ends with YOU, and VOLTRON is the "Defender of the Universe".

[email protected], I watched way too many cartoons growing up. :wink:

3. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    I'm not a religious person by any means, but I see what you're saying Pharaoh Jahil. Everyone has something that they deeply beleive in as truth. Everyone that has found religion feels that their beliefs are the only logical explaination. This is why it's so hard to choose a religion. If you hear people debating regarding religion and making points to prove another person wrong, you'll hear all kinds of viewpoints and translations of the same topic. There's like 10 different views to one event or point. It's nearly impossible for anyone to know 100 % if their beliefs are accurate and indeed "The Truth". The only way is if God himself came down and told you what's up. Anything else is speculation or theory. Of course....that's JMO.

4. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa for Voltron :thinking: Good analogy!

5. Ralfa'il

Ralfa'il Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +16
    Pharaoh

There are truths..but the truth is dependant on one's perspective and may or may not always be correct.

So if I told you the earth was flat...while knowing it was round...I told you a lie.

Now if you believe it and run around telling everyone that the Earth is flat then you're infact telling the truth.

It was YOUR truth.

You were wrong, because I told you wrong...but it was still the truth as you knew it.

Facts, however, remain constant and are independant of perspectives.

Whether we believe or accept them...facts still ARE.

The Earth is round whether I we are told that or want to believe it or not, and that's a fact.

The Earth may not always be round forever, but it's round now and that's a fact.

Certain facts may change depending on time and the situation but the fact that they remain the same regardless of perspective is what makes them ideal.

6. Pharaoh Jahil

College Student
    Ratings:
    +25
    Peace,

Great responed brother but what about when it comes to the matters of the UNSEEN, THE CREATOR and our very own perception of it. How do one determind that their belief of The Creator is the truth?

Many of us claim that our belief about The Creator is the only "only truth".

Is it safe to say that each of our religious belief is our personal truth but the only objective truth is The Creator itself?

Peace....

7. Ralfa'il

Ratings:
    +16
    Belief IN the Creator is a matter of fact.

Belief ABOUT the Creator is a matter of truth.

It's a FACT that a Creator exists because of the simple fact that we and everything around us has been brought into existance from an intelligent origin.

Now Who that Creator is and what place that Creator has in our lives are all a matter of perspective, belief, upbringing and depends on one's own personal truths and revelations.

8. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234

LMAO @ the usage of such terminologies.... :coffee:

"Belief" in or about anything is not truth or fact.

Believing is a poor man's substitute for KNOWING. Either you know it, or you don't.

PEACE

9. Pharaoh Jahil

College Student
    Ratings:
    +25
    - Ralfa'il

Which brings me back to my last question...

Is it safe to say that each of our religious beliefs is our personal truth but the only objective truth is The Creator itself?

Peace...

10. Ralfa'il

Ratings:
    +16
    Brutha Sam

My difficult brutha.....don't you have to BELIEVE something in order to KNOW it?

PJ

Is it safe to say that each of our religious beliefs is our personal truth but the only objective truth is The Creator itself?

I couldn't argue with that statement.

The truth for you is what you know and believe in your own personal stage of growth religious, acedemic, scientific, or otherwise

*But that doesn't always mean what you know is right.