Black People : I have a question (I am sure like all my other post will be ignored)

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by torch, May 6, 2008.

1. torch

torch Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    Why is it only certain people here get there topics disscussed over and over again while alot more people have great things to say and there topics are NEVER discussed? Are we wasting our time? I thought we were all together in this. Didnt this same thing happen to our ancestors? I have seen topics about white people being discussed more than exposing things we NEVER focus on that we need to..

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,733
    ok, throw up a topic.......

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Brother Torch ... Peace and Blessings,

I think people are drawn to the topics that interest them.

Just like you've posted to the threads that interest you, and left the others alone, so does most everyone else.

I wouldn't take it personal if i were you ... the Family does it to some of my threads too ... :bye:

:heart:

Destee

4. Steve69

Steve69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    Sorry to say it’s really about what is easy and makes us feel good.

Much easier to talk about things we can blame on the whites and don’t have to take any responsibility.

If it is other problems we would have to do like the other races do.
    Discuss it and take some responsibility and actually do some work or change.

That does not fit in with our instant gratification mentality and we always like to feel like the victim.

Like Mothers against Drunk Driving they discuss it and do something, and inprove.
    If we addressed this problem we would just try to ignore or hide it or say somehow whites caused it.

5. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,733
    how's the weather over there at stormfront?

this is a bunch of anti black garbarge.

6. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    You got that right James....now so called Indians are the biggest alcoholics there is!!....and furthermore, our speaking about that whiteman and what he has done isn't the victim game....it's the "acknowledgment game"....ain't no fish getting off the hook !!!

7. Each1teach1

Each1teach1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    build up the nation
    Ratings:
    +986

Yes I agree with you, on acknowledgement, but what are we doing to better our present situation?? The brother is right you cant keep blaming the white man, now that you know he's a problem there should be a strategy to counter him...Sitting around talking about him isnt going to get crack out of the ghetto, get us fair education, housing and economic equality...However teaching our young people pride, respect and self sufficiency and the basics of a good economic strategy will. Nation building is key and it seems that we too often get caught up on the cause of our problems, too blinded by anger and complacency to do what we ought to be doing. We know Kemet wasnt built in One Day, but the hot desert sun wasnt an excuse not to get the pyramids built on time!

8. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,733
    here is the real problem, right here

i do not know where you live but where i live there are all kinds of people who are working to improve our community.
    if you do not see black people working for change it is because you chose not to see. that says more about you than anybody else.

it is people like you who enjoy bashing black people who are the real problem.

9. Prizmm

Prizmm Well-Known Member MEMBER

Becoming Universal
    Ratings:
    +22

Do you really believe that the black man and woman has sat around complacently for centuries, doing nothing?

Do you believe that black men and women were non contributors to the development of this racist nation?

Are you aware that the labor of centuries reaped financial benefit for a nation that used the wealth against he and she who in large measure created it?
    Do you believe that black people were not a proud people even under the yoke of institutionalized hatred, jim crow, and social warehousing?

Do you believe a weak people could live through the inhuman conditions imposed on the non-immigrant black man and woman, and still have the strength to 'complain' about it today?

Do you believe that the history so vital to the understanding of the condition today should be ignored, that the descendant of theose victims should tape shut the mouths of their stolen, murdered, beaten, raped, misused, abused, antecedents?

If you recognize the greatness of Kemet, are you suggesting that the more recent history be ignored, wiped clean and we just reach around it to find sustenance in the ancients?

You write as if you believe all of these things, if that be the case we have nothing to talk about.

T.S.C.
    Peace

10. MRS. LADY

MRS. LADY Banned MEMBER

to seek truth
    Ratings:
    +261
    Did you see how TI took responsibility for his part... in falling into a trap.... do you realize how remarkable that is..... as our young listen to his music....

Did you see how lil Wayne is a druggie...

I support TI.. but I don't support Wayne...