Black People : I have a few questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a white male and have a few questions about racism. I'm not trying to start any arguments. I'm just wanting to understand.
We have a black chamber of commerce in our city. Why would it be ok to have a black chamber of commerce? We have a regular chamber of commerce which doesn't discriminate and is open to all races. I doubt if initially, the normal chamber of commerce admitted black business people. So, you'll just have to forgive the black chamber for keeping their membership, in light of the new found inclusion of the town chamber.

There's a cable channel (I think Showtime) which plays nothing but movies where the actors are all black. Why would it be racist if I were to propose a white channel on Showtime since there's a black channel already in place? Obviously you haven't been paying attention to media or entertainment. Overwhelmingly, media IS all white. So, your proposal would be racist in that you have failed to acknowledge that fact.

I've gone shopping at department stores and noticed if they change management to a black person, they'll start replacing the white sales associates with black associates. The same applies to Hispanics whenever the manager is Latino. This is a lie.

Again, I'm not trying to argue. Just wanting to understand why there's a double standard.

Either you are young or in here to bait. History in this country says there is a reason for black to do their own thing. And you cant be that stupid. So, you did come here to argue.

I'm a white male and have a few questions about racism. I'm not trying to start any arguments. I'm just wanting to understand.
We have a black chamber of commerce in our city. Why would it be ok to have a black chamber of commerce? We have a regular chamber of commerce which doesn't discriminate and is open to all races.

There's a cable channel (I think Showtime) which plays nothing but movies where the actors are all black. Why would it be racist if I were to propose a white channel on Showtime since there's a black channel already in place?

I've gone shopping at department stores and noticed if they change management to a black person, they'll start replacing the white sales associates with black associates. The same applies to Hispanics whenever the manager is Latino.

Again, I'm not trying to argue. Just wanting to understand why there's a double standard.

Hello DDT and welcome to Destee, make yourself at home.:pool:

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.:research:

As to your post, why isn't those same questions asked about the White House, a building that is suppose to represent all people of this nation? Lets not get hung up on words and lets look at the many things that say white; without using the words white. Like the last 43 presidents, at one time it was fantasy to think a black could sit in the oval office. Lets look at the news networks, head of banks, etc.. Do you know at one time it was a rare event to see blacks on TV?

You see this is an old question that keeps getting asked for no good reason, by those (not you per'se) who are bigoted and very myopic. Like when blacks get asked if they voted for Obama based on his race. The problem with that questions is that as long as the president was white, no one asked that question.

But why are you sweating over this double standard that is really trivial when you compare it to the double standard of treatment that blacks receive at the hands of the law?

Nope. In fact those black channels owned by white folk,
such as showtime.

Management is one thing; ownership is another. Who owns the department stores?
:toast::toast:

You see this is what I mean about the people you ask these type of questions. If they research, and do some critical thinking, they would see that asking such questions is a moot point. Because it will show what they think is "black" owned, really is white owned.

Peace!

Thank you all for the replies. Y'all made some valid points and I now have a better understanding. I'm still confused about a few things though...

I guess the actions of our forefathers (pre-1970) resulted in the way things are now and only time will heal the relationships between everyone.

My daughter likes to dance to r&b and has gone to a club to dance. The patrons let it be known she wasn't welcome there.

An unarmed white guy was high on drugs and killed by a black officer after resisting arrest a couple of weeks ago. It wasn't publicized by the national media.

A white mother and her 5 yr old son were walking thru a black neighborhood and assaulted by multiple black people just for the color of their skin.

I'm hoping someday we won't be punished for what our great great grandfathers did and we can all live in peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on MANASIAC's profile.
I saw you ... :yaay: ... Welcome Home! ... :flowers:
Savarnas Beauty Spa
Back