Black People : I have a few questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDT

REGISTERED MEMBER
Apr 28, 2015
I'm a white male and have a few questions about racism. I'm not trying to start any arguments. I'm just wanting to understand.
We have a black chamber of commerce in our city. Why would it be ok to have a black chamber of commerce? We have a regular chamber of commerce which doesn't discriminate and is open to all races.

There's a cable channel (I think Showtime) which plays nothing but movies where the actors are all black. Why would it be racist if I were to propose a white channel on Showtime since there's a black channel already in place?

I've gone shopping at department stores and noticed if they change management to a black person, they'll start replacing the white sales associates with black associates. The same applies to Hispanics whenever the manager is Latino.

Again, I'm not trying to argue. Just wanting to understand why there's a double standard.

Get over yourself already.

Black people got 1 cable channel of out 1000 channels

and you're in an uproar. You see double standard.

The reason why there's a Black commerce, is because you

and your ancestors never like to share.

No you have hallmark, bravo, sci-fi channel and fox news but that

isn't enough. You have to have it all. It's a psychosis. We got

it.

So because white people don't like to share and steal everything

they can grab you see a double standard because there other people

sharing this world too.

You didn't have a problem when the manager was white and hired whites.

You see people tend to not care for white people because not only do you not like

to share but you hate anybody else to have anything.

Laughable. Hey there's another channel comedy central this little

act of yours might get laughs because man i had to grab tissues

when i read this.

Thanks for the chuckle.

Regarding the cable channels... The other stations don't discriminate. They play movies no matter what color.

Regarding management... I manage a team of four people. Two of them are black, and the other two are Hispanic. And their pay are the same as anyone else's.

Regarding chamber of commerce... Anyone can join, no matter what color.

Your comment regarding "white people don't share and steal from us" is stereotyping. Isn't stereotyping a form of racism?

I have many black friends and have dated a few black women (very hot by the way). I'm almost an expert on old school r&b. My fave singers are Al Greene and Maxwell. My first concert that I went to was the Triple Threat tour with Johnny Gill, Keith Sweat, and Bel Biv Devoe, do know ya know.

Why can't we put color to the side and let everything be equal? Maybe I'm wrong and racism is still a huge problem in some states. I'm in Texas and I see more racism from black people than any other.

There's a cable channel (I think Showtime) which plays nothing but movies where the actors are all black. Why would it be racist if I were to propose a white channel on Showtime since there's a black channel already in place?
Nope. In fact those black channels owned by white folk,
such as showtime.

I've gone shopping at department stores and noticed if they change management to a black person, they'll start replacing the white sales associates with black associates. The same applies to Hispanics whenever the manager is Latino.

Again, I'm not trying to argue. Just wanting to understand why there's a double standard.
Management is one thing; ownership is another. Who owns the department stores?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

It's a lot going on and I know I have not been here for a long time but it is about to change.
Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Back