i hate myself

Discussion in 'Black Health and Wellness' started by ObeseBlackGirl, Nov 10, 2002.

1. ObeseBlackGirl

ObeseBlackGirl New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    i'm fat and ugly i weigh 250 pounds i'm 18 yrs old and no one in the world likes fat people they think we stink and are lazy and none of the guys ask us out for dates if you're not skinny you're not cute i hate myself i've tried all kinds of diets but i'm never able to stick with it i hate being this way people think fat people just like being fat it's not true i don't know what to do i hate myself so much i wish i could just cut the fat off my body and be beautiful like other girls even my family makes fun of me

2. redlady

redlady Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Sweetheart, you are young and have so much time to turn your life around. Think positive and get yourself into a positive place. I think that you should first go to a doctor and see if there are any medical reasons as to why your weight is so high. If not, then maybe your doctor can talk to you about liposuction. There are ways to have it covered by medical insurance. You should also look (first and foremost) into exercise. A great deal of the time diet alone is not enough and you need to jump start your metabolism. Losing weight isn't easy, but you are only 18 and it can be done. Also, don't believe the hype about how men only like skinny women, there are lots of thick healthy beautiful women in the world. Try looking at a magazine called Mode, it has fashion and beauty for plus sized women. But most of all, we are all God's children and he loves you...but you must first love yourself. Take care and good luck.

3. deepgrrl

deepgrrl Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR director
    Ratings:
    +0
    DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE!!! We are not all meant to be skinny! And trust me when I tell you, there are plenty of men out there who like full-figured sisters whether they be phat, thick, or super-sized. The tricky part is this: In order for others to see your beauty, you must see it first! Two goals to start with:
    1. Begin to think of yourself as beautiful. Change the energy that you project. CARRY yourself like you are beautiful, and your inner beauty will begin to shine through. Pamper yourself. Polish yourself like the precious vessel that you are! Walk proud, and attempt to look people in the eye and smile. Get those eyes up off the ground and begin to celebrate the world around you. Realize that you are a singular precious gift that has been given to the world. Treat yourself accordingly.
    2. Begin to make lifestyle changes one at a time, for health reasons. You don't have to go on a strict diet, just introduce little changes. Start out by doing something as small as drinking eight full glasses of WATER (not soda!) a day. Then try eating at least five servings of fruit and vegs a day. These are changes that might seem small, but they can make a huge difference over time.

4. keepinITreal

keepinITreal New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Sista girl I am going to keep it real. I am 30yrs old & was always slim til around the age of 27. In 3yrs I saw my 5'9/150lb frame go from a size 12 to a 18 & 200lbs. When I saw 200lbs on my scale I immediately got my act together & lost 50lbs in a matter of months. My coworkers thought I was on dope. I was disgusted at myself even though I was only a size 18 (which in the black community is considered thick) and the men thougt I was still beautiful because I carried it well. My doctor saw my weight on a form & questioned it because even though I gained I could carry it well because of my height. It didn't matter that everyone around me thought I looked fine, I knew 200lbs could easily turn into 250lbs then 300lbs. You have to nip it in the bud while you are young. As for men........there are those that will tell you that there are men out there who like overweight women. Just think about that. If you were a man would you want an obesed woman. Hell NO! The truth is there are men out there who like women with LOW SELF ESTEEM (LSE) !!! Yes there are beautiful women with LSE but the obesed women number them out 10 to 1. Ain't it funny that the most sorry, lazy, good for nothing men will usually have a big fat girlfriend or wife. I just hope you don't fall into the same trap that alot of sistas fall into. My best friend went from 150lbs at age 18 to 300lbs by the time she was 23yrs old. With LSE all over her face she married the 1st man who told her he loved her. Now 6yrs later she is working 2 jobs to take care of her 3 kids a no good husband who don't believing in working & providing for his family. To those who say that can happen to a slim woman I say show me one slim woman who fell into that trap & I will show you 10 obesed women who fell harder & deeper. Get it together now or you will never be happy.

5. poeticdelight

poeticdelight Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    How Did We Go From Obesity To Men?

OBG Sweetheart,

Always put GOD first. You may think that you have
    it bad but someone else always has it much worse.

Thank GOD you are still in good health; Thank GOD
    you are able to live another day; Thank GOD you
    are not homeless and on the street with nothing
    to eat

Seek refuge in the Lord and forget about what
    men of the opposite sex think. You are so young.
    You may not realize it now, but in the long run, the
    only thing that matters is your relationship with GOD.

:)

one love

:heart:

6. keepinITreal

keepinITreal New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    HOW DID WE GO FROM OBESITY TO MEN? Oh, I do believe she mentioned she couldn't get a date because she was obese.

7. poeticdelight

poeticdelight Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    my question was directed to OBG

just wanted to point that out before
    any confusion began to develop

her motivation should not be to lose
    weight to catch a man but to lose
    weight for herself because she cares
    about her health and her well being

we as grown women know good and
    well it takes a lot more than BEING SKINNY
    to attract members of the opposite sex

there is always going to be something
    some man doesn't like

that's why i am suggesting for all of us
    as women to put GOD first and do what is
    pleasing unto him

that's all that matters :)

8. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    surely ya fate is of trust within forth GOD so loveth u
    one should love thou self

men knoweth of beauty which sit outside is ugly inside
    da weight of such is beautiful

da inner beauty of u is yo heart indeed seek da light of GOD forth u will find peace and comfort need not be bashful nor shame
    coz $$RICH$$ luv ya all da same

their is a mate whom await u
    a true love whom seek u
    in tyme u will feel his vibe

no ya not ugly nor heavy
    only to da foolish one's whom see beauty in da booty
    but from da heart he so would love u

stay sweet and hold on to faith forth he is yo answer
    hate be not of GODS children
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    welcome to da playground of Destee's place
    welcome within dis family and many friendz
    welcome luv to da house of beauty
    hate not forth i am watching thee from above
    so da magical $$RICH$$ one send u much love to live by !
    hold on to ya unchanging hand.... a man is a man
    live for self not a he
    be of self not of him
    u r lovely sistah
    ya a Queen let no man taketh u under........................$R

9. UbZoRbShUn

UbZoRbShUn Well-Known Member MEMBER

-----------
    Ratings:
    +1
    have you thought about

eating habbits. I know for a fact that if there are cookies in the house then I'm gone eat them. that goes for chips, candy, sodas, ice cream etc.... If you don't buy it you won't eat it.

try keeping a log of the foods you eat and how much. Increase your water intake and get moving. Just walking alone will do the trick. I know it's hard especially if the family have jokes. see if you can get a friend to walk with you.

It's better to do this with someone than to go it alone. Go see your doctor and talk to him/her about nutrition. Or you can talk to a counselor and start loving you from the inside out sweetie.

One

10. Lady2complexx

Lady2complexx Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Hate is a very strong word....I wouldn't worry about the weight thing first if it's not a detriment to your health...I would work on loving myself...Because the mind affects the body and you wonder why dieting doesn't seem to work 4 you......... Love ,u must look 2 the hill from whence cometh your help and he (GOD)will direct you in the path that you must go......If u don't love yourself don't expect no one else to.............

Stay up because you are blessed.......