Black People : I got fired

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by legit-writer, Apr 21, 2012.

1. legit-writer

legit-writer Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    I did everything they asked me to do, yet I still get let go, them, saying that it's not a fit for me. Who are they to determine what is right for me, and what is not. Maybe they are not right for me, but the line of work I had was. My race obviously was an issue but they came up with lame reasons to write me up, human resource lady was playing games all along, and I am not surprised that I got fired, so my reaction towards it, was numb and calm, as i walked out the door and kept my head held high.

2. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    OMG! Sister, I'm numb too. I feel hurt and take this personally too. I've been there and no one can convince me that you weren't the victim of racism, as I had told you before. My first start in this life was around those kind of white people that make you feel they aren't racist, and it was their ancestors, not them, but that is the worst form of it, for those kind of White Supremacist are the most subverted, mocking devils I'd ever come across. You may not believe me right now, but you I believe this government has been undergoing a serious takeover, and they are systematically coming at Black African Americans but,
    they won't be successful at all. For some reason, Black women seem to be the easist target. So I am praying for you and hope that you go home, regroup, pray, know that you are not alone, and do something to make yourself feel good and after awhile, make your way to the channels to stay in the fight.

I don't know how it works where you live but, go to the job office and apply to go through the process of being forced out of your job. You have to feel out some kind of application and they will ask you if you disagree with your termination, and if you check 'no', then they will have to contact the job that fired you, and give you an opportunity to state your reasons. Meanwhile, you might be able to get unemployment checks. Also, this process is suppose to provide more job opportunities too. Stay busy, keep a routine, and know that I am thinking about you always and hoping that you get what I know that you will; the victory.

3. SlickBeast

SlickBeast Well-Known Member MEMBER

Australia
    Programmer/Game developer
    Ratings:
    +361
    I admire your cool and how you retained your composure outside while everything collapsed inside. Best luck finding a new job. Those douchebags probably do not deserve you. Bad time. At least you have work experience though.

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,731
    don't look back. there may be something better in your future. good luck!

5. MS234

MS234 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,900
    Everything happens for a reason. It's up to us to under/overstand the reason.

I'm here wishing you the best.

6. legit-writer

legit-writer Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    Here is what I was thinking of emailing them, but wanted you guys' viewpoints on whether I should send it or not, and why:

It was very unfair how you all treated me. From the beginning there was no true communication and you all could not make your minds up on what is what, kept changing the rules, and basically having me running around like a chicken with it's head cut off. You already had this plan in motion and had a great time making fun of me the whole time I was working for you. I never will forget the snide comments Steva made towards me every since the day of the interview actually (yes I do know my ABCs and much more, thank you), and how she played favouritism with Mercedes, as well as the humiliation that she has put me through, how she acted like she did not want to be bothered with me when I did try to come to her for a question, yet I get wrote up for not doing this or that the way she wants. I will never forget how Kim embarrassed me about my father knowing I am in a tough position to take care of my father and still have a way of income on my own in case something does happen to my father, yet she tattles on every little thing I do or magnifies what I do to something way bigger than what it is, and how she could not just leave well enough alone and just let me do my job and correct whatever she felt was an 'error' in her book. And worst of all, Lori, wow, you have really played games with me all of this time, knowing how serious about this job I have been, yet you come up with this whole "I changed my mind" fragerknacle bull. You are who I am disappointed in the most, Lori. Admit it, you were planning to dismiss me all of this time and you know it. You had your mind made up on who is right and who is wrong in the matter. My side was never looked at all of this time. You are buddies with them, so of course I will be let go and given the run around. why do you think I did not 'make a scene' or even put up and 'argument' of why I should continue being employed there? a) because I am not a dumb black girl like you probably think I am and just too cowardly to admit that's what you really think of me and b) because God has showed me signs that I should not fight for something that is beneath me. you all did not have anything else better to do with your time than to find something or another to complain about me, when really my colour was the issue (how dense do you seriously think I am)? you have wasted my time and I do not see the point in you hiring me, only to take me through the mud and try and mess up my chances of getting a decent career in the long run, so I can fit your stereotype of another unsuccessful black person with no future. You know what? I will STILL get a decent career, and since you all did not appreciate my hard work, someone else will. I promise that. You are not going to stop me from being successful. All of this non-genuine talk about you wanting me to be successful, when in reality, you have been trying to find ways to you all have given me the run around, a hard time, and tried to find any way to get me to leave. I have followed all your rules, no matter how ridiculous some of them may be, and I still get let go. You have handled me in a very careless manner, because in all reality, you did not really view me as a person, you only viewed me as an object to blend in with your patrons, more like camouflage, and you will surely pay for it in the long run. It is no threat, that's for sure, because it won't be me who will make you pay. that is not my job, and not worth my time. God will take care of that because he knows that I worked very hard to please you folks and you all made a fool out of me in the process. Just in life, you will reap what you sow. God is watching every last one of you and saw how badly you have treated me and he will surely get you later. I would think that you guys look beyond someone's skin colour, but it is obvious that my family and my people were right, that this city is still set in their ways as far as race is concerned. if you did not want a black person working for your company, why hire them? why waste their time? Just food for thought, until you guys can get over your racism and bigotry, do not waste time hiring us coloured folks only to make us look bad and try to ruin us and take from us. We understand you are threatened by a coloured person and feel you have to control us, but that is not what I signed up for. This government has enough of that stuff going on as it is. I won't even get into the political side of it because I am sure you see it in the newspapers everyday and know exactly what is going on. Back to my point, you do not care about us black folks and I do not expect you to. i will make it in this cruel and ugly world, and get a decent career without your help. also, in case you don't know, i am not one of these blacks who are only good for food stamps and unemployment, so yeah your little so called cute remarks and subliminal insinuations about who I am and where I am from does not phase me one bit, but I know all this time what your sick motives were, and like I say, God has my back, and when you least suspect it, you will have to answer to him for what you have taken me through. I am a lot more educated and intellectual than how you treat me and I guess you saw that and saw no more use for me, which I guess, is a threat to you all. you are the worst employers I have ever worked very hard for. and if you have nothing else better to do, write this down in your little book too. As far as I am concerned, you do not exist to me as of now, and since I am no longer your slave--- oops employee, I would like the same, not to exist to you all either.

7. cariol

cariol Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +9
    Keep your head high and apply for another job, but file a discrimination suit with the EEOC if you feel race played a part in your firing. Its easy to go into depression especially if you kno you are right. Don't give up...we all have a story...been there so I understand.
    A single mother of five on November 1st, 2006, while working as a Police Officer, I, Cariol Horne, a black female stopped Gregory Kiatkowski a white male officer from choking a handcuffed black male suspect. He punched me in the face. I asked that he be arrested. Coverups and lies followed. I have proof. I was fired and he was promoted. He continued to abuse people and was forced to retire after choking a white male officer while on duty because the officer wanted to switch out of his platoon. He had multiple pending excessive force allegations.

After 20 years, I lost my retirement for standing up for what was right.

8. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,731
    do not send them anything. move on.

9. MS234

MS234 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,900
    I have to agree with JFP. I remember mentioning something in a thread of yours regarding talking on the job. I wonder how much I said applies now.

10. cariol

cariol Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +9
    what do you mean when you say don't send them anything?