destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Hey Sister Destee!
WOW! such beautiful hair, wow..
Those other folks that sell hair will be sneaking up on you from the back trying to get some of those locs. (lol) They would try to make six wigs outta that mane. Lard! I tell you. hahaha
Love & Blessings,:luvv:

Sister MsDrea ... don't start nuth'n and it won't be nuth'n ... :hammer:

You know Sister ... because my hair is so big and different than most women wear theirs ... folk tend to come up to me, and wanna touch it ... just reach right out, like they got sump'n to do with anything on my body ... and give themselves permission to touch my stuff ... Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl ... i dun learned to see it come'n before it even gets there ... and kindly give them to know ... DON'T EVEN TOUCH NONE OF MY STUFF! :censored:

Ouuuuuuu ... it just does something to me ... foreign hands, unwelcomed, uninvited, on any part of my body!

No Sister ... i be need'n at least 50 feet at all times ... or internal alarms start going off ... :lol:

Thank You For The Love !!! :kiss:

:heart:

Destee

PurpleMoons

REGISTERED MEMBER
Apr 22, 2003
lol Sister ... now you tell me ... ???? ... lol ... :lol: ... hahahahaha ... :lol:

ohhhh gosh ... bless your sweet heart! ... Thank You Sister Purple ... :lol:

nooo ... but for real doe ... lol ... hahahaha ... (you are too precious!) ... :love:

i did start out trying to comb the hair, as i went ... but that only lasted for a few braids ... shoot ... i had to stay focused on the goal ... getting it unbraided ... and plus ... my scalp was so tender ... it's amazing to me ... as much pulling and stuff we gotta do ... for any of us to be tender-headed ... well ... that just don't match ... :lol: ... so ... i think not trying to comb it all out as i went, was best for me ... because i aint combed nuth'n yet (no more than finger combing it, trying to get some tangles out) ... and my scalp is already feeling tender ... just from messing with it so much.

I have a pretty proven strategy, for getting the tangles out.

I'll do it in the shower ... like get my hair all soapy and stuff from the shampoo ... and it's real soft then too, and doesn't hurt so much as i work the tangles out with my big ol' afro pic ... then rinse, condition ... maybe even run the pick thru it again, at this point ... one last time ... while the water is still running ... and then be finished.

Once i get out of the shower and stuff, everything is in order again! :D

lol @ i play too much ... hahahaha ... see !!! :D

I Love You Sister! :kiss:

Thanks For Every Thing!

Destee

whew! I know what you mean about the scalp being tender. I just have to bite-down and do it anyways. Mines isn't as long but its really thick. I have to use those big ole afro combs; The pick don't do anything for my tangles. It's just blows it further out and makes it much more thicker. lol

If you decide to blow it dry, you'll still need to section it. If not, grease it good and braid it while its still wet. It leaves a nice wave and luster in your hair when you take out again. Also, it will be a lot more manageable.

I'm sorry for being all late and stuff. I know you don't really do the box braids and that it's a new experience for you. I couldn't have told you your scalp would be tender and the new growth would be thicker and you're arms were gonna be tired. But i blew that! smh Still in all, you're doing great!

blackeyes

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 14, 2003
South,Ga
I have a pretty proven strategy, for getting the tangles out.

I'll do it in the shower ... like get my hair all soapy and stuff from the shampoo ... and it's real soft then too, and doesn't hurt so much as i work the tangles out with my big ol' afro pic ... then rinse, condition ... maybe even run the pick thru it again, at this point ... one last time ... while the water is still running ... and then be finished.

Once i get out of the shower and stuff, everything is in order again! :D

lol @ i play too much ... hahahaha ... see !!! :D

I Love You Sister! :kiss:

Thanks For Every Thing!

Destee

WOW!!
your hair has been braided for months, and that's all it takes to detangle it?
I am jealous

Destee

destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
WOW!!
your hair has been braided for months, and that's all it takes to detangle it?
I am jealous

lol Sister BlackEyes ... don't be jealous ... i felt like i'd been in a fight afterwards ... :fight:

It took more than an hour, i'm surprised my hot water held out. I was so tired, like i'd been doing cardio for an hour! :cardio:

I really thought of stopping before i had all the tangles out. I was even wishing for a chair in the shower ... :lol:

I won't be doing these many braids again, for a very long time.

Destee

Nubian One

REGISTERED MEMBER
Sep 17, 2004
Philly
Occupation
Fulltime Student & Sexual Health Educator
bitter sweet

i have to take my gazillin and one twists out..in a few days..

they've been in for about 3months.. maybe 4.. i've redone the front edges about once or twice a month to freshen them up, washing them as well, but i sooo don't want to tackle it.. there's sooo may and my hair is a about 2inches past shoulder length.. one of these days i'll just let them lock.. not this time...i'm afriad though that some have already begun to lock, anyway..

pray for me..

lawdhavmerci

i lve natural styles, twists and such.. especially when i can leave them in for a while and they look even better as they age.. but getting it done and taking them out.. is not so cool.. :( .. altho i miss my fro.. and running my fingers through my hair.. .

*sighs*

Is Trump Going to Prison?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.

Latest profile posts

cherryblossom wrote on watzinaname's profile.
Dropping by to say, "Hi!" ,sister Watz. Hope all is well.
cherryblossom wrote on WARRIOR's profile.
Hey, Warrior! Right On!