Chevron Dove : I Found Her...

Chevron Dove

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 7, 2009

I Found Her…My future Daughter-in-law? …

The only thing is that she’s all the way on the other side of the globe, so I guess it’s just wishful thinking. Would my sons accept my preference in a wife for them? This subject brings to mind a film I saw called, Namesake, and it was about families in East India. In the beginning of the film the daughter was interviewed by the parent of a prospective husband in the hopeful presence of her parents. Then I had a co-worker too from East India who said his wife was picked for him. But I guess when young people bring home their dates then in actuality, it is done with the hopes of receiving some form of acknowledgement, appreciation, and perhaps even approval. I couldn‘t imagine picking someone though, and then bringing them home to present to my sons for marriage. Scary. Because what if the girl married and then later revealed that she only did it for self gain and hated her husband? What if the girl’s parents instigated her to get married and she had some other inner desires and goals that didn’t include marriage or perhaps she wanted another man or...? Would this by why there are so many reports of abused wives in India? What would happen if young men are pressured to get married against their own free will? That would be a disaster. Right now my sons are young, don’t even have a pot to piss in, and marriage seems like it is not on their minds, but I know that if my husband and I don’t throw in some counseling and offer some direction, they could become sucked into someone’s will before they even recognize it and before they even get a chance to become financial stable. But when I saw this parade of pretty African girls all the way over in Australia on you tube, I was surprised and when I saw my favorite one, I thought about my sons, myself, and what my grandsons and granddaughters could possibly look like. I thought to myself, what in the heck is she doing way over there? Now how can I get her over here to meet one of my sons? But anyway, I know the grass isn’t greener on the other side of the fence. However, I watched the entire pageant, Miss Africa Australia, and found out that the very one I chose won!

But there are some spiritual beauties right here in America and in my own culture. Some of them may not even look like beauties in the outward appearance but I know if I want my sons to be happy, they have to look past the physical appearance because if the inner beauty is not present, there will come a time to which even divorce papers wouldn’t serve as a remedy. In fact, from what I have seen in other situations, divorce papers may only become the beginning of some real hell for many. At any rate, out of so many shoddy pageants in my opinion, I thought this one that was held in 2008 was one of the best pageants I have seen. I was the most classiest and the most elegant I’ve ever seen. I think some of the music selection could have been better but, Wow!-- I loved the drummers! I loved the dance performance and how they came out in different groups and I loved their cultural uniforms. I loved the first you tube, the you tube that announced the winner, and I loved the lady singer, and most of the music was great, but my favorite you tube and part of the pageant was the parade of gowns and cultural choices displayed. All of those African and original Australian girls have such an incredible, unique rhythm, and bounce to their walk, their stride, that no other kind of woman seems to have. It’s amazing. Man! I watched it over and over again.

All those girls were so pretty and the third runner up was one of my picks too, as well as the first runner up who was my exact choice for the first runner up. I loved her gown and how she flowed so gracefully in it as she walked the run way. She is so lovely, I’m thinking…daughter-in-law number two?… all of them worked that runway which made it hard to pick a favorite. But when my favorite choice came down the run way and made her turns, I was like, ‘now that’s a lady there’--one in a million’. That’s Bathsheba right there. She was so regal, so elegant. When I saw the two gorgeous chocolate men judges, I kind of knew my choice was going to be in the running and she won! Them brothers over there know what time it is! I got to figure out how she did her hair. She makes me long for Africa…in the way it should be… Anyway, here are the links:

MISS AFRICA AUSTRALIA 2008

Part 1~ 4min Modern Dance Introduction, a brief interview of some contestants, beginning of first parade of gowns, female performer & singer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB_vOFW9Jr0

Part 2~ Parade of Dances, 2 nd part of parade of gowns

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1vkR70iImA&feature=relmfu

Part 3~Dancing performance accompanied by drummers, musical performance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoDzVqIzUgE&feature=relmfu

Part 4~Another round of parade of ‘cultural’ gowns designed by themselves, table of judges, interview with the judges, backstage with the girls, the winner for ‘Little Miss Ebony’

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADQn6ftnZiE&feature=relmfu

PART 5~THE WINNER, Miss Africa Australia, 2008

[URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw3af4iwfs8&feature=relmfu']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw3af4iwfs8&feature=relmf[/URL]u

If you feel it's a spiritual hookup, then pray and find a way to contact her.

I Found Her…My future Daughter-in-law? …

The only thing is that she’s all the way on the other side of the globe, so I guess it’s just wishful thinking. Would my sons accept my preference in a wife for them? This subject brings to mind a film I saw called, Namesake, and it was about families in East India. In the beginning of the film the daughter was interviewed by the parent of a prospective husband in the hopeful presence of her parents. Then I had a co-worker too from East India who said his wife was picked for him. But I guess when young people bring home their dates then in actuality, it is done with the hopes of receiving some form of acknowledgement, appreciation, and perhaps even approval. I couldn‘t imagine picking someone though, and then bringing them home to present to my sons for marriage. Scary. Because what if the girl married and then later revealed that she only did it for self gain and hated her husband? What if the girl’s parents instigated her to get married and she had some other inner desires and goals that didn’t include marriage or perhaps she wanted another man or...? Would this by why there are so many reports of abused wives in India? What would happen if young men are pressured to get married against their own free will? That would be a disaster. Right now my sons are young, don’t even have a pot to piss in, and marriage seems like it is not on their minds, but I know that if my husband and I don’t throw in some counseling and offer some direction, they could become sucked into someone’s will before they even recognize it and before they even get a chance to become financial stable. But when I saw this parade of pretty African girls all the way over in Australia on you tube, I was surprised and when I saw my favorite one, I thought about my sons, myself, and what my grandsons and granddaughters could possibly look like. I thought to myself, what in the heck is she doing way over there? Now how can I get her over here to meet one of my sons? But anyway, I know the grass isn’t greener on the other side of the fence. However, I watched the entire pageant, Miss Africa Australia, and found out that the very one I chose won!

But there are some spiritual beauties right here in America and in my own culture. Some of them may not even look like beauties in the outward appearance but I know if I want my sons to be happy, they have to look past the physical appearance because if the inner beauty is not present, there will come a time to which even divorce papers wouldn’t serve as a remedy. In fact, from what I have seen in other situations, divorce papers may only become the beginning of some real hell for many. At any rate, out of so many shoddy pageants in my opinion, I thought this one that was held in 2008 was one of the best pageants I have seen. I was the most classiest and the most elegant I’ve ever seen. I think some of the music selection could have been better but, Wow!-- I loved the drummers! I loved the dance performance and how they came out in different groups and I loved their cultural uniforms. I loved the first you tube, the you tube that announced the winner, and I loved the lady singer, and most of the music was great, but my favorite you tube and part of the pageant was the parade of gowns and cultural choices displayed. All of those African and original Australian girls have such an incredible, unique rhythm, and bounce to their walk, their stride, that no other kind of woman seems to have. It’s amazing. Man! I watched it over and over again.

All those girls were so pretty and the third runner up was one of my picks too, as well as the first runner up who was my exact choice for the first runner up. I loved her gown and how she flowed so gracefully in it as she walked the run way. She is so lovely, I’m thinking…daughter-in-law number two?… all of them worked that runway which made it hard to pick a favorite. But when my favorite choice came down the run way and made her turns, I was like, ‘now that’s a lady there’--one in a million’. That’s Bathsheba right there. She was so regal, so elegant. When I saw the two gorgeous chocolate men judges, I kind of knew my choice was going to be in the running and she won! Them brothers over there know what time it is! I got to figure out how she did her hair. She makes me long for Africa…in the way it should be… Anyway, here are the links:

MISS AFRICA AUSTRALIA 2008

Part 1~ 4min Modern Dance Introduction, a brief interview of some contestants, beginning of first parade of gowns, female performer & singer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB_vOFW9Jr0

Part 2~ Parade of Dances, 2 nd part of parade of gowns

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1vkR70iImA&feature=relmfu

Part 3~Dancing performance accompanied by drummers, musical performance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoDzVqIzUgE&feature=relmfu

Part 4~Another round of parade of ‘cultural’ gowns designed by themselves, table of judges, interview with the judges, backstage with the girls, the winner for ‘Little Miss Ebony’

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADQn6ftnZiE&feature=relmfu

PART 5~THE WINNER, Miss Africa Australia, 2008

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw3af4iwfs8&feature=relmfu

If you feel it's a spiritual hookup, then pray and find a way to contact her.

Well, as I said earlier in this thread, my sons are far from needing to be 'hooked up' right now whether it be spiritual or otherwise. They don't have a pot to piss in right now, and the grass isn't greener on the other side of the fence, but yeah, I agree with you about the importance of prayer. As far as contacting someone for my sons, again, I responded to that issue too, and although that is done in other cultures even today, I can't see myself doing that. I suppose should they want to make a commitment they will know my wishes. I believe in spiritual connection as well as cultural identity, awareness and etc. I believe that there are some beauties right here in America too as well as in Africa such as this one right here:

But over here in America, like they did this young girl here, this system is so good at exploiting Black African-typed women which leads to so many other conflicts that we have to overcome, I believe, in order to have healthy relationships. The lack of support is unbelievable.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back