Black People : I finally talked my way out of a ticket!!

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by panafrica, May 8, 2004.

1. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Throughout most of my adult driving life I had managed to avoid getting tickets...parking, traffic, and otherwise. I mean sure I got pulled over for DWB (driving while black) every once in a while....but I was never doing anything, so they had to let me go. This all changed when I moved to NYC in 2000. All of a sudden I started getting tickets left & right. You name it I got it: Speeding on the NJ Turnpike...Parking Tickets in Queens...Moving Violations in Harlem...Crazy Parking Tickets in Brooklyn & Midtown Manhattan...Car Ticketed & Towed in Jersey City...I just couldn't get a break.

This all changed yesterday. I went to the store to get Mrs. PanAfrica a mother's day present. The place I went never has available parking, so I pulled next to a fire hydrant (I was only going to be a minute). Anyway as I was waiting for my purchase I get a feeling...let me check on my car. I went to look outside and sure enough a Black Traffic Officer was writing me a ticket. I went up to him and told him I could move my car. To my surprise and delight he said, "Okay I'll let you go...but you're lucky you a brotha, cause if you was white...forget it". I laughed...and thanked him, got my present...then left. Now.....THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT DESTEE FAM!!!! When we get in positions of authority & influence, we are suppose to help each other out. I will return this favor, and hook up a brother or sister the 1st opportunity I get.

2. Nita

Nita Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    youth volunteer
    Ratings:
    +17
    Alright!!!!

Glad to hear a brother helped you out....we should always take a lil time out to help our brothers and sisters. God bless that officer

Now about this line in your response......lQQking

Pan
    I will return this favor, and hook up a brother or sister the 1st opportunity I get.

Let me just say I welcome hook ups....and when you get paid...lQQking....that's when I want to collect MY hook up ok....I'll need 20$ in unmarked one dollar bills and 50 cent pieces...smh..lolol... :laugh:
    I'm just messing with you.

3. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    I'll be in touch Nita Mae!

4. queentswana

queentswana Well-Known Member MEMBER

day care provider (own business)
    Ratings:
    +161
    That's rare for a policeman to void a ticket once they start writting...just goes to show that some black people are still BLACK, ...no matter how much paint you throw in their face.

5. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    Don't I know it queentswana.....I have been told "too bad" by many police, and half the tickets I got have been from Black or Latino officers.