Black People : I don't want to turn 24!

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by African_Prince, Oct 14, 2009.

1. African_Prince

African_Prince Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +48
    I've been trying to put it to the back of my mind but it's been bothering me, I don't want to turn 24. It feels like just a few months ago that I turned 23 and that was depressing enough, come January 10th my early 20s (20-23) will be over with. How do the years go by so quicky? I still feel like I'm 21/22.

On top of that, I don't have a driver's license, no job and I still live at home with my parents.

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,691
    Brother African Prince ... there is an alternative to growing older, though I don't think you want that.

It seems society encourages us not to want to grow older, not to want the natural order of things, to deceive it somehow. You'll find men and women doing all sorts of things to appear other than what they really are, age included. Everything is herding us toward the fake, so much so, that it has almost replaced the natural, with a new natural. You want to be careful of those efforts, learn to recognize them now, early in your life.

It is nothing but a great blessing to get older, for it is not given to all. I'm sure you know a few young people that did not even make it to 20, let alone almost 24. What they wouldn't give, to be your age right now, to still have a chance at life.

Also, don't let current circumstances make you feel too bad either, like living with your parents at this time. That's nothing. I know it's something to you, but in the great scheme of things, that's nothing. Nothing to make you stress over. Be thankful that you are blessed with parents that don't mind having you, helping you, until you are able to do it on your own. Do you know how many children (young people) LONGGGGG for the opportunity you have right now? Not only young people, but old people too, like me. I'd give ANYTHING to be living with my Mother right now, but she has passed on. It's an option I no longer have.

It's all perspective, you can see the glass half full or half empty, whichever you choose.

Use this time with your Parents wisely, for you probably won't always have them with you, love them all the way up (for that costs no money, no job is needed). Soon and very soon (as time does go by fast), you will be remembering back to these days, how great and wonderful your parents are, and how great and wonderful you are to them ... these memories will bridge many of the challenging gaps you will have to cross in the future ... without them.

You are blessed beyond compare, embrace all that you are being given, with a sincerely thankful heart.

Happy Almost 24th Birthday !!!! :birthday: :party: :birthday:

:heart:

Destee

3. Corvo

Corvo navigator of live MEMBER

United States
    Furniture maker, a sculptor, and fight instructor
    Ratings:
    +1,771

Enjoy what you have! Enjoy those parents that love and care for you. Enjoy every moment that you can. be aware of the moment, enjoy!

AXE!

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,691
    Brother African Prince ... i want to add, that i knew you were just a baby !!! :baby:

See, you're younger than my baby, my Daughter ... who will be turning 25 next month ... Lord Will'n.

So i tend to think of you all, that could actually be my child ... in that age range ... as babies too.

I know yall aren't babies, my children remind me often, that they are not babies !!! ... saying to me, "No! Bad Momma!" ... :spank: ... :D

But it's just the Momma in me, and if there was an Elder that was close to them, speaking to them, interacting with them, I'd want them to be treated properly, so I try to treat all the babies i meet, properly. :love:

Also ... i see your birthday is January 10th, and while I'm no big astrology guru, i have felt some kind of kinship toward you ... a bit above and beyond the norm ... and this may play a part in that ... as i was born January 8th ... :D

Well ... i just wanted to share.

Love Your Mother and Father up! Do everything you can for them, since you aren't working. Take out the trash, clean up, see if your Mom needs some water, cut the grass, do everything you can around the house, and of course, stay out of all potential prison trouble. Show them how much you appreciate them. That goes a long way in helping a Momma and Daddy know, that even though their child is still living with them, not employed, that they are a good child ... and it's just a matter of God opening up the heavens and pouring out the blessings ... too great for you all to receive!

You are not defined by a job, where you live, or how old you are ... but by what you do ... so do the right stuff!

Love You!

Destee

5. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    please rethink....

when you call mid twenty black men and women "babies" and treat then as such, that is a problem, IMO.
    when i was 24, i had a job, a house, a car and a family. i was not a "baby". i was a black man.
    i would not have taken kindly to anyone dis respecting me by calling me a "baby".

i ask you to reconsider your position as i do not think it does you any good.

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,691
    Brother James ... you may be right, and i will rethink it, though i can't promise any changes.

I am a Mother, my babies will always be my babies, i don't care how old they get.

If i were to refer to someone else as a baby, like Brother African Prince for example, and he tells me he feels disrespected by my doing that, i'd surely apologize and stop as i mean no disrespect.

Yes, i will take your suggestion into consideration ... Thank You! ... :grouphug:

Love You!

Destee

7. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    warning....

while some will stand up and tell you that they are a man, there will be others who will use your generosity of spirit to take advantage.
    they will use your protective attitude against you.
    i hope you are aware of that.

8. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,691
    hmmmm ... i don't believe that's ever happened, though it probably could.

When I'm interacting with our youth, those that I could consider a "baby", i do it with my whole heart, and with the wisdom of my years. It's not difficult to tell if someone is open to your direction or guidance, and even then, they can only get what you give them, what you want them to have. Even with my own children, there are times that I realize, they are not hearing me. Whatever the issue is, they have to see for their selves. Okay. So be it. That's life. I can respect that too. Just stay alive, and free, during the process.

I mean, my giving of myself, my love, etc., automatically adjusts itself, based on the circumstance.

For example, the first young Brother (the first person) that I ever banned from this community, i felt this way about. He was about the same age as my Son, and i felt a great responsibility to go the distance with him, put up with a lot of his stuff, in an effort to help encourage him not to act so ugly. I felt obligated to do, what i'd want someone to do for my child. To make a long story short, it didn't work, but that didn't keep me from trying. I stopped when I realized that my efforts were not producing the kind of results I hoped for. That's okay too. It may not be meant for that "child" to hear me, as it is probably another Elder's job (or someone's, God, Life, sump'n) to move them. So i backed out of the way, and let the "baby" have their way. I can't make nobody do nuth'n, only encourage them. That same Brother still comes through here, still loves me (in his own twisted way), and I'm honored for the relationship. I want the best for him still, and now he is a much more grown man than he was, i'm sure not doing the same things he useta do ... and i'm proud of him, always happy to see him.

This is what I'd want an Elder to do for my children, no matter their age, if they saw them acting out of order. I'd want someone to pull them to the side, to encourage them in the right way, to take a few minutes and see if they can help them, as i may be nowhere around. So that's what i do for the babies i'm blessed to meet.

As Elders, that is our job, i think. We have to try to encourage the youth in the right way, even if they don't respond the way we want. Such encouragement really costs us nothing, but a little time, care, concern, etc. I have plenty of that, with no real worry that I'll run out of it soon.

I think it's all good.

Love You!

Destee

9. hiphopolx

hiphopolx Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +209
    You are in a better position for advancement than most who do have all the things you listed above.

Ain't too much further down you can go.

Are you doing what it takes to achieve those goals?

10. hiphopolx

hiphopolx Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +209
    I wish I still felt like 21/22.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i dont want to turn 27