Black Spirituality Religion : I Don't Want to Name Names

Blackbird said:
Sister River,

I thank the All that when I was 18 year old getting out the bang-banging lifestyle and going to Job Corps, I had wise elder mentor now ancestor, mojuba egun, who sat me down and drilled into my mind over and over the fallacy of the Pauline doctrine and its Hellenistic inclinations. As I progressed and studied the history and cultures of both my Afrikan and Haudenosaunee ancestors I discovered the Queen Mothers, Queen Nzingha, Queen Zaria, Makeda, Kandaces of Nubia, Queen Asantewaa, the Haudenosaunee Clan Mothers and other notable, brave and proud women of my heritage. I began seeing the my people had no problem with women and the rule of women and I myself, raised in a household of women at the head, reflected and saw no problem as well. A man has no need or right to assert or flaunt any authority or control over any woman when his own mother makes him sweat bullets.

One thing that frustrates me about our people is how we selectedly use the bible to suit our needs and agenda. I choose to have NOTHING to do with that book and it origins. I have no need; I am a child of the Creator. I believe anytime we discuss the veracity of the bible we are sidetracked and sent down a slippery slope of "maybes" and "could-bes" that have nothing to do with our liberation whatsoever. In that vain, Sister River, I thank you for your resolve and detailed insight for illustrating to me why our people should not turn the pages of Mark, but turn the dirt of this beautiful Earth on which we live. Thank you for being a consistent warrior and inspiration for me.

Blackbird
All Abrahamic/Aryan religious systems have a built in element of misogyny and the subjugation of women. This is why they are the favored religions of tyrants.

You are right, we cannot continue referring to a book whose central message has proven itself to be untrue.. Those who are still within the Christian matrix see this compromise as concession. Even if we find something that resonates as truth--we cannot salvage poisoned food just because it still has nutritional value.

river said:
And really this attitude is prevalent enough that it's not necessary. I will describe a double standard that should not go unexamined.

I just listened to a message and the speaker who usually repudiates the Bible where it supports the oppression of Black men was using it to support the oppression of women; quoting Paul telling women to be subject to their husbands--the husband is the head, Sara called Abraham lord, etc. etc. Although he swears up and down in other messages that Sara and Abraham never existed.

This is in large part the core of what I call "Black Male Patriachal B.S."
This I've experienced so many times and in many different ways. i.e repudiation of european male domination or domination over Afreekans in any form..then behave in a way which suggest the Afreekan woman is 'under' them and/or that the AFreekan male needs 'more than' [attention/support] the Afreekan woman.

This is a conversation I sense is needed..yet...
We are here at Destee where...
river said:
Not one brotha here at Destee has ever felt the need to point to some book and say...

So...no need for me to go any further :SuN008:

M.E.

:hearts2:

truetothecause said:
This is in large part the core of what I call "Black Male Patriachal B.S."
This I've experienced so many times and in many different ways. i.e repudiation of european male domination or domination over Afreekans in any form..then behave in a way which suggest the Afreekan woman is 'under' them and/or that the AFreekan male needs 'more than' [attention/support] the Afreekan woman.

This is a conversation I sense is needed..yet...
We are here at Destee where...

So...no need for me to go any further :SuN008:

M.E.

:hearts2:
I know that's right. Our brothas here are awesome. Like Mary Wells sang
It's a mater of opinion
I think they're tops
It's my opinion
They're the cream of the crop

When they say queen they mean queen. They don't mean pet. No Black man who has a truly African heart wants a spineless jellyfish for a life partner.

omowalejabali said:
Like an Elder brother of mine on blackplanet always says "Paul was a LIAR"

Pauline Doctrine is totally fabricated as Paul was a Pharisee. But what did he really see? This is where the church lost me because it was to easy for me to study Paul and realize he was a hypocrite and a liar.

But you know what? It's about the interpretation of what he's saying.
To say that Paul went against the original laws of Yahweh is a lie.
The KJV translation makes it seem like he's going against the original laws.

I KNOW THIS THREAD ISNT ABOUT THIS, so I'll stop.
Maybe I'll feel like addressing it in its own thread.

river said:
And really this attitude is prevalent enough that it's not necessary. I will describe a double standard that should not go unexamined.

I just listened to a message and the speaker who usually repudiates the Bible where it supports the oppression of Black men was using it to support the oppression of women; quoting Paul telling women to be subject to their husbands--the husband is the head, Sara called Abraham lord, etc. etc. Although he swears up and down in other messages that Sara and Abraham never existed.

Brothas, we have been here before. Yawl shoulda learned by now that you cannot fight to liberate the race while you keep the women of the race under your thumb just like you can't have your cake and eat it too.

I love, respect and honor a man who has mastered and sublimated his ego. This is true spiritual growth. But the man who needs a woman who will tip toe around his ego better give me a wide berth because I will stomp on it.

Not one brotha here at Destee has ever felt the need to point to some book and say "Excuse me sista river, but it says here in the manual you're suppose to treat me like a king." Your majesty speaks for itself. Only a pauper has to walk around telling people he's a king. Something wrong with that.
:read: ^5 :read:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back