Black Relationships : I don't want to be a bag lady....

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by unique, Oct 20, 2004.

1. unique

unique Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    I recently broke up with my fiance' who I've been with for almost a decade. A lot of things that happened between us really hurt my feelings and I feel betrayed and deceived. I am now taking this time to reflect and to build myself up on the inside. My plan is to give myself 6 months to a year to just be with me unless God has other plans for me. I need this time to filter through the anger and dissappointment and also so I won't take it out on the next dude. How can I make sure I don't become bitter or a bag lady or lose faith in true love?

2. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,864
    Pray that you don't turn out that way; remember what you wrote here and make time every day to do something that moves you farther away from a bitter woman and closer to becoming the woman that you love, admire and respect. Believe in you and strive to remain a positive person. Please keep us posted as you travel along your new journey. Remember, your break up is not the end of the world and your future can be a most fulfilling experience. Whenever you need support, you can always find some here.

Peace,
    Queenie :spinstar:

3. islander

islander Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    I agree with NNQueen, as hard as it is right now, it's not the end of the world. Use this struggle to really look inside yourself and allow for growth. Try to look at your situation as an experience meant to make you stronger. I didn't "find myself" until I went through a very painful divorce. At the time it felt like the end of the world, but now I am so much happier. The same thing will happen for you. You can't become a "bag lady" unless you choose to hold on to the negativity rather than looking for the positivity in the situation. Many blessings to you.

4. watzinaname

watzinaname Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +122
    I agree with the ladies before me. Get reaquainted with you, get to know the person inside that intriques you, that causes others to look up to and admire you. You have already taken some positive steps, be proud of that. I was in a relationship where I knew someone for over 20 years...If I can move on, so can you.