Black Parenting : I don't want my kids to believe in Father Christmas

Screen-Shot-2012-12-23-at-11.35.55.png

OK. I have never, and will never, encourage my children to believe in Father Christmas. That might sound niggardly – even heretical – but, to me, the whole phenomenon seems bizarre. I cannot understand why people try to make their children believe what is not true, in an effort to create a synthetic innocence and wonder. Parents go to great lengths to peddle this lie, from dressing up in a Father Christmas costume late at night to interpreting meteorological phenomena as evidence of Santa's journey to Britain. People encourage their kids to leave a glass of mulled wine and a mince pie out for Saint Nick, and a carrot for his reindeer. Then, before going to bed, they drink half the mulled wine and take a bite out of the mince pie and the carrot. This is normal?

Read more

I was born and raised in a no nonsense family and we didnt celebrate christmas, easter, valentines day, no religious or federal holidays bwcause it has nothing to do with y family and our beliefs.
My mother did explain to us that in America people lie and they love to believe thier own lies to perpetuate the society that was built and yes I was taught that its best to not be a part to foolishness, yes society is foolish mainly because society doesnt take responsibility but always glory.
My mother took up shopping for the whole week following christmas to show us its no point in purchasing during "holidays season" but afterwards when all the material itens at its true value, 90% off, lol.

I have a family and we spent the last 3 years christmas free, my partner was raised without holidays and our parental units have opposite beliefs.

Its great to raise children wirhout nonsense because it leaves room for the truth.

My childhood was as real as it got, my mom didnt close the bathroom door, nothing was off the table, never sugar coated anything. My mom went to prison when I was 14 and I knew it because it was the truth.

Southsideirish- i have met many young people who are suffering existentialism crisis simply because they stepped out into the world to find out what thier parents taught them are lies and they are seriously under prepared to be in the REAL WORLD not the fantasy you raised them in.

I was born and raised in a no nonsense family and we didnt celebrate christmas, easter, valentines day, no religious or federal holidays bwcause it has nothing to do with y family and our beliefs.
My mother did explain to us that in America people lie and they love to believe thier own lies to perpetuate the society that was built and yes I was taught that its best to not be a part to foolishness, yes society is foolish mainly because society doesnt take responsibility but always glory.
My mother took up shopping for the whole week following christmas to show us its no point in purchasing during "holidays season" but afterwards when all the material itens at its true value, 90% off, lol.

I have a family and we spent the last 3 years christmas free, my partner was raised without holidays and our parental units have opposite beliefs.

Its great to raise children wirhout nonsense because it leaves room for the truth.

My childhood was as real as it got, my mom didnt close the bathroom door, nothing was off the table, never sugar coated anything. My mom went to prison when I was 14 and I knew it because it was the truth.

Southsideirish- i have met many young people who are suffering existentialism crisis simply because they stepped out into the world to find out what thier parents taught them are lies and they are seriously under prepared to be in the REAL WORLD not the fantasy you raised them in.

When we were very young an older cousin told us there the whole Santa story was a lie. My Mom was furious. I don't remember ever believing in flying reindeer, Santa and his work shop or any of that. We did celebrate the holiday, but we knew it wasn't real, and we weren't to tell the other children. I also remember my Mom going to great lengths to find a AA Santa for us to take pictures with.

When we were very young an older cousin told us there the whole Santa story was a lie. My Mom was furious. I don't remember ever believing in flying reindeer, Santa and his work shop or any of that. We did celebrate the holiday, but we knew it wasn't real, and we weren't to tell the other children. I also remember my Mom going to great lengths to find a AA Santa for us to take pictures with.

Wow I could only imagine because to me christmas = television it just always seemed over the top, i know adults who get mad when it doesnt snow in the D on December 25th

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back